The Festival: Part 3

Fated to Meet You

In the late afternoon as the sky was turning golden, the PA .

"Everyone who has bought tickets to participate in the raffle, please assemble at the stadium."

A majority of the students rushed and pushed their way into the stadium, determined to win the prizes. Many also went just to watch. After everyone had settled down, the members of SS501 appeared on the stage. Everyone screamed in enthusiasm.

"Now, it's time for the raffle," JM announced and brought out a large basket filled with the raffle tickets. "We will be going from 5th place to 1st place. HJL, you're the leader. Close your eyes and choose a ticket."

HJL closed his eyes and put his hand into the pile, mixing it around and then plucking out one single red piece of paper. He looked at the numbers. "618903."

A girl from the side squealed and waved her arm in the end.

"It looks like we have a winner," JM shouted and gestured her up stage. "This beautiful girl has won an iPod nano. YS, you choose the next ticket."

YS nodded and did the same as HJL. He took out a ticket and looked at it. "834513."

"Oh! Me!" a boy from the front exclaimed and ran up the stage, receiving his prize.

KJ went next. Hyungjun was becoming anxious as there were only two places left and they were the most important prizes.

JM picked out a ticket. "928304."

The young boy huffed in disappointment. How lucky the others were. How come they won and he didn't? The girl went up on the stage and screamed in joy when she saw HJL coming out with the posters. He handed them to her and gave her hug. The girl literally melted right when he touched her.

Youngsaeng placed his hand on his dongsaeng's shoulder. "It's okay. Don't give up."

"HJ, you're last," KJ said and handed the basket to the maknae.

He closed his eyes and the seconds seemed to slow down for Hyungjun. His heart thumped in anticipation as the maknae's hand kept on rummaging through the basket. Finally, he took it out and unfolded a blood, red ticket.

"394430."

With a shriek of disappointment, Hyungjun threw his tickets on the ground in frustration, ruffling his hair. He looked up at Youngsaeng and saw that the boy was staring at his ticket. Hyungjun looked at the number. 394430.

"Hyung! You won! Go up there!" Hyungjun exclaimed urgently.

Youngsaeng handed the ticket to the baby. "No, here, you can go up there and claim the prize. This ticket was supposed to be yours anyways."

"No! I gave that ticket to you so it's yours. Get up there before it's too late," he hissed.

"Is there a winner?" HJ asked into the microphone, about to put the ticket back into the basket.

"Wait!" Hyungjun shouted from the crowd. "The winner's right here. He's coming."

Hyungjun started to push Youngsaeng towards the stage.

"Ya! What are you doing?" Youngsaeng asked. "I don't even need the tickets."

"That's your ticket and you won. You go up there and claim the prize. I don't care what you do with it, just go!"

The older boy gave up and obeyed Hyungjun. He climbed up the stage steps and reluctantly walked towards the members of SS501.

"Whoo! Here's our winner!" HJL exclaimed with a wide grin.

Youngsaeng forced a smile and bowed. "Annyeonghaseyo."

"Are you fan?" KJ asked curiously with rounded eyes.

He nodded. "N-Neh... I guess so."

He saw YS staring intensely at him, causing him to feel quite awkward. JM took out a envelope and handed it to Youngsaeng. "Here, these are the two tickets. They are the best spots in the stadium so make sure not to lose them, okay?"

Youngsaeng quickly nodded and turned around to walk away.

"Ya! What's your name?" YS asked.

"Me...? Youngsaeng. Heo Youngsaeng."

YS grinned. "Okay! Bye!"

Youngsaeng whipped around and ran off the stage, hurrying back to Hyungjun.

"It's been a long time since we appeared on stage together," HJL started after he put the raffle basket away. "We're truly grateful that all of you remembered us and are still supporting us."

"We'll always be supporting you!" a fan from the far back exclaimed and soon everyone joined in cheers with of agreement.

Youngsaeng watched as the leader started to shed light tears in happiness along with the maknae and YS. KJ and JM struggled to hold back.

In the evening, there was a giant bonfire in the courtyard and everyone gathered around it, eating dinner and dancing along with music. Youngsaeng and Hyungjun sat on a log, just staring into the fire.

"Eo, Youngsaeng hyung," Jungmin's voice came from beside them.

They two turned and saw Jungmin with Kyujong.

"Annyeong," Youngsaeng greeted as they sat down beside him. "Where were you two?"

"We were just playing a few games and going around the school," Kyujong told him. "Do you have any idea where Hyunjoong hyung is?"

Youngsaeng shrugged. "Nope. I haven't seen him since noon."

"Ya! You ditched me!"

They looked up to see Hyunjoong running towards them, panting and gasping for air. Kyujong and Jungmin looked at each other as if confused.

"What do you mean? We were searching for you the whole time!"

"I was the one searching for you two!"

"No, we were going around the school calling out your name and asking people if they had seen you," Jungmin protested.

"I was doing that," Hyunjoong argued.

Youngsaeng and Hyungjun looked at each other and then chuckled in amusement as the other three continued to bicker.

"Well... what are you going to do with the tickets?"