Chapter 14: The First Hello

Snow White and Seven and the Dwarves

Sandara immediately squinted, the light of the sun blinding her eyes because she wasn’t used to it unlike these people around her, and to think she badly wanted to see it amidst of the blinding it casts upon her, made Sandara pout inwardly. When she went out to return the bag to Jiyong, it was merely dawn and the sun hasn’t cast yet that time but now, it was so high she thought the sun was on drugs. Other people don’t have a problem with it somehow, which she’s worried about because she’s greatly affected by the light of the sun. The twenty years of no light had made her resistant.

Jiyong noticed the wide grin she has on her face along with the struggle she was making, which Sandara wasn’t aware of, and asked, “Do you like the sun?”

Sandara looked up to him, the sun behind him made it harder for her eyes to see than she was looking ahead and answered, “It’s my first time in twenty years to see the sun but it’s blinding my eyes, as if it doesn’t want to be seen.”

Jiyong smiled, amused and without breaking his grip on her hand, reached for his bag that was on Sandara’s back. He was finding something inside, and after a few seconds, he pulled out a pair of sunglasses—an expensive one, nonetheless. With his free hand, he puts the sunglasses on Sandara with an amused face and when he’s done, he said, “There. You can now look at the sun.”

Sandara looked up higher and giggled. She can see the sun, perfectly. It has an obtuse shape because of the clouds, and it was orange now she wore the sunglasses than white. And the sky, it was bluer than she imagined it to be. The clouds kept on shifting into different shapes, and Sandara noticed one big cloud that shifted into a large heart. She felt like she’s in Cloud 9.

“Thank you.” She muttered, gripping Jiyong’s hand tightly and then, she turned her head at him, flashing a sweet smile.

“What did I do now?” Jiyong asked, completely bewildered as Sandara wrap her hands around his neck. She smiled, even though he won’t see it and whispered, “It’s one of my dreams.”

Jiyong hugged her back, wrapping his arms around her waist, which meant he’ll slightly bend his back forward to do so. He placed his chin on her shoulder and inhaled her smell, which was a combination of men’s body wash, strawberries and lavender. It was intoxicating; he was . But he held himself, Sandara is innocent, and they are hardly starting their date. Plus, he promised for an extremely great date, not a give-it-to-me date.

Sandara pulled out and flashed him a bright smile, even brighter than the sun. “Where are we going?” She asked.

Jiyong held her hand again, intertwining his fingers with hers and answered, “Just follow me.”

They continued to walk, farther downtown where a large cluster of people is watching a performance with the stage prepped up to a wall. Everyone clapped as the song ended with the drums rolling and Jiyong shouted, “Hyung!”

Everyone turned to Jiyong and gape at him, then to his hand intertwined with Sandara. The latter felt coy, and hid her face behind her hair as her face flusters. She isn’t used to attention, and with this large number of people gaping at her, she just wanted to curl up inside her shell.

“GD!” Someone answered, from the performance earlier and beckoned them both. Jiyong walked but stopped when he felt Sandara not following. He tugged her hand, and encouraged, “Come on, baby.”

Everyone gasped, and Sandara prayed silently as she walks towards Jiyong, biting her lip. He placed his arm around her waist, and pulled her closer to him, protectively. They continued to walk; Sandara kept her head low and followed Jiyong’s feet to keep her from bumping anyone but she knew she didn’t have to, because the people had made a way for them.

Sandara gasped when Jiyong releases my hand, and she hurriedly looked up, afraid. He smiled at her, sweetly and reached for her shoulders to squeeze it. “Don’t leave me.” Sandara muttered as the people around her closes the gap, her eyes sparkling in fright.

Jiyong smiled at her, his own boyish smile and said, “I won’t leave you. Watch me okay?”

Sandara watched in terror as Jiyong leave her alone in the cluster of people she isn’t even comfortable with. He grabbed a microphone from one of the stands, and said through it, “Give me a scream!”

Sandara covered her ears when all the audience shouted, and with all the bumping and jumping they do, she was easily tossed side to side but somehow, when they calmed down, she was still in the spot Jiyong left her. Jiyong talked to the band, and suddenly they were playing a song. It has a soft and crisp melody, soothing Sandara’s ears that were deafened a while ago by the shout.

Well you dawned on me and you bet I felt it
I tried to be chill but you're so hot that I melted
I fell right through the cracks, now I'm trying to get back

Before the cool done run out I'll be giving it my bestest
And nothing's gonna stop me but divine intervention
I reckon it's again my turn, to win some or learn some

The crowd clapped into the beat of the music, and Sandara was lost in thought. The people around her keep on bumping her as they move their hips to the side.

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm yours

Sandara jerked back when Jiyong suddenly pointed at her right on cue on the word, “I’m yours.”

Well open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn you're free
Look into your heart and you will find love love love love

Listen to the music of the moment, people dance and sing
We're just one big family
And it's our God-forsaken right to be loved loved loved loved loved

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, I'm sure
There's no need to complicate, our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours

This time, Sandara smiled when Jiyong pointed at her on the word, “I’m yours.”. She shyly clapped her hands that were on top of her lap, her fingers the only one contacting rather than with her palms.

I've been spending way too long checking my tongue in the mirror
And bending over backwards just to try to see it clearer
But my breath fogged up the glass
And so I drew a new face and laughed

I guess what I be saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanities and just go with the seasons
It's what we aim to do, our name is our virtue

But I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait, 
I'm yours

Open up your mind and see like me
Open up your plans and damn your free
Look into your heart and you'll find the sky is yours

So please don't, please don't, please don't
There's no need to complicate cause our time is short
This o' this o' this is our fate
I'm yours

Sandara clapped along with the crowd, minus the squeal and shout. Jiyong outreached his hand to her, taking her aback and she shook her head in disagreement. Completely insistent, Jiyong grabbed her hand, which means he needs to stoop and hauled her up the stage. Someone gave Sandara a microphone, and she accepted it coyly but didn’t forget to mutter her thanks. The audience cheered for another song, and Sandara accidentally croaked with her microphone, “I don’t sing.”

“Of course you sing.” Jiyong urged without the microphone, and Sandara shook her head in disagreement.  Laughing, he leaned forward and whispered in her ear, “Just one song. You’ll enjoy it.”

Sandara shrugged, and answered, “I don’t know anything.”

Jiyong smirked. “Now, you will.”

The band started to play, and Sandara was left dumbfounded. She pouted at Jiyong, her eyebrows knitted in the middle and with a smirk, Jiyong pointed at the middle, far back to the audience. Sandara followed his finger and saw a large manila paper with lyrics written on it.

“I haven’t released it yet, because I just composed it last night.” She heard Jiyong whisper aloud amidst of the loud clap the audience was making. “The tone where you’ll sing is,” And he started to sing her part minus the words.

“You think I can do it?” Sandara turned hastily, and she found herself face-to-face with Jiyong, the tip of their noses touching. He smiled, sending her loins on fire and answered huskily, “Yes, baby.”

Sandara was glad he started to sing, because she could’ve fainted on the spot.

(Parts separated by brackets)

[Jiyong] Let's go you ain't got a girl right now
Well cuz you ain't got no gain (I know)
Imma show you how to do it real quick GD style (you should write it down)
Here 's some rules though,
One, put on something nice
Two, don't be nervous
Three, just be yourself (yep) follow me now

He just wanna be rap star vita?

Majasaljjak geolchyeojugo baji himkeot naeryeojugo

Hayan undonghwa bitnaneun mokgeori (bling~!)

Georeul ttaedo kkok rideume matchwo pyojeongttohan gaejujige insangsseo

Oensonen MIC oreunsonen boombox speak? Shimshimhadamyeon bukchigi bakchigi

Yeah gwiyeoun nice cool ije jeogi hipgeorege nice to mee you

Geureoni subeopeun bichu isanghage chyeoda bojanha man I told you (oh no~!)

Nunchineun da bapmarameokeopseo jalnagadaga da marameokeopseo

But gihoen dashi doraoneun beop so hollaback yo

 

[Sandara]Hello y guydo hello handsome boydo hello hello meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon

[Jiyong]Hello dodohan girl hello gwiyeoun girl hello hello jeogi jamshimanyo say hello~

 

[Jiyong]She’s wanna be a model jom eoryeoun datehaneun gamanhi isseodo hwaboreul jjikeoyadoeyo

Jomdeo chichage senchihage ttaeron (fashion) geuneun

Cheongbajie huinti kalkkeumhan suit animyeon vintage

Mueongal ipeulgeodeun mueonga meosseoreopge gimchi ilsaengui show like

Yeah you’re nice ‘n cool you can do it too you don’t see that fool

Geunyeodo neol bone hilkkeut hilkkeut yeojaui jajonshimeun nopeun haihilgeup

Niga meonjeo dagaga joshimseure nuneun jigeushi geugeon geseumcheure chana mashigo jaemitneun yeonghwado

Say I go anywhere you go

 

[Sandara]Hello y guydo hello handsome boy do hello hello meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon

[Jiyong]Hello dodohan girl hello gwiyeoun girl hello hello jeogi jamshimanyo say hello~

 

[Sandara]Jamkan shillyehapnida [Jiyong]nado jamkan shillyeohapnida

[Sandara]Nappeun sarameun anya [Jiyong]pyohyeoni seotulppunin geol

[Sandara]Yongginae yeogikaji wasseo need to say goodbye

[Jiyong]Geudae cheoeumbon sungan I’m falling in love with you girl

 

[Sandara]Hello y guydo hello handsome boy do hello hello meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon

[Jiyong]Hello dodohan girl hello gwiyeoun girl hello hello jeogi jamshimanyo say hello~


La la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la la
So so fresh what a hello~

 

[Sandara]Hello y guydo hello handsome boy do hello hello meonjeo malgeoreojundamyeon

[Jiyong]Hello dodohan girl hello gwiyeoun girl hello hello jeogi jamshimanyo say hello~
La la la la la la la la la la la la

Jiyong looked at her under his long beautiful eyelashes, and the crowd urged for a kiss. He slowly leaned forward, and Sandara closed her eyes, unconsciously pouting her lips to meet his. But she felt a damp touch on her nose and her forehead instead. Her forehead creased, and her pout was replaced by a frown.

Sandara opened her eyes, and she was welcomed by Jiyong’s smirk. She grits her teeth, her lips pressed into a firm line. Just as when she thought she’s getting a kiss, her hopes were ruined. She wanted to feel what her literary heroines felt when they were kissed by their heroes. The authors always describe it as the best feeling in the world.

Jiyong noticed that she square her shoulders, and leaning forward, he whispered, “There’s a right time and place for that, baby.”

Sandara blushed, and watched as Jiyong shouted his goodbyes to the audience.