Chapter 10: The Work

Snow White and Seven and the Dwarves

“We finally did it!” Seungri exclaimed as he takes off his mask from covering his face. Everyone followed his suit, and sighed in appreciation. Seven dropped an oddly familiar large bag on the floor together with a red zip-up jacket and black hoodie that Sandara was sure he didn’t bring with him and walked towards the kitchen, towards Sandara actually. He stared at her with amusement in his eyes, and asked, “What are you doing?”

 

“Serving dinner.” She firmly replied, and placed the bowl of soup on the dining table along with the other food she prepared.

 

“You want to ask something?” Seven asked her after he looked down at the kitchen table, the only one that separates her from him. Sandara looked down, and then back at him, staring as firmly as she could and asked, “What do you do for a living?”

 

Seungri laughed from behind, walking towards them then stopped when he’s a meter away, and with his arms crossed, he answered, “We steal.”

 

“What?” Sandara reacted, completely bewildered.

 

“You see, there’s a reason to that agassi.” Psy said as he occupies one seat at the dining table. “We were actually pursuing to be entertainers, and we auditioned to an entertainment company, YGE to be specific but were turned down when Michelle Park became a business partner. She insisted to the president of the company that we seven aren’t fitting to the company.”

 

“We were forced to steal, but only to the artists of YGE. It’s an act of vengeance.” Tablo added.

 

“I personally think that Michelle Park wants G-Dragon to be the only artist in YGE aside from her. Taeyang just got lucky for being GD’s best friend. Chaerin is the president’s niece and then, Minzy is Chaerin’s best friend.” Mithra added.

 

“Michelle Park likes G-Dragon but no matter what she does, she keeps being turned down. She didn’t even know what G-Dragon’s name; given that he only gives his name to the people he trusts and loves.” Daesung added.

 

“I heard Michelle Park has a stepdaughter. She was recently reported to be missing since the investors’ party Michelle held three days ago.” Seungri said, and Sandara began to bite her lip. She gulped and audibly muttered, “I-I am Michelle Park’s daughter.”

 

“Oh yeah, of course-“ Seungri stopped and sharply turned to Sandara. “What?”

 

“I’m her daughter. I’m not missing. I just wanted freedom that’s why I escaped.” Sandara sheepishly answered, and bowed her head, her fingers fidgeting. “She locked me up inside the house for twenty years.”

 

“Then you decided to escape at the investors’ party?” Seven pressed, seemingly interested in the topic with his chin on his palm and elbow on the table.

 

Sandara bit her lip, and nodded, with her head still on a bow. Some of them groaned, some of them heaved a sigh but only Seven said, “You can stay here.”

 

Sandara hastily lifted her head, and muttered instinctively, “Huh?”

 

“You can’t go back to your house because of what you did, and you’ll be locked up again. Then, you can’t rent because you don’t have money with you. You don’t know anyone. We are the only option.” Seven reasoned out.

 

“She’s living with us for free? You really want another mouth to feed in this house?” Psy commented, harshly and Sandara nodded in agreement. She doesn’t want to be a burden, to anyone especially to the people who saved her life. Being a constant burden is not in her list. If she has to live in the streets forever, she could do that. If she has to be a garbage collector to earn for a living she could stick to that. But she can’t stick to being a burden. It’ll rot her forever.

 

“She can stay here for a cause.” Tablo contradicted. “I can see from her reaction that she doesn’t want to be a burden. We could use her as a ploy for our job, and in charge of the household since we can’t do those as great as women do. Then, because she’s Michelle Park’s daughter, she could help us audition once again at YGE and have back what is ours.”

 

“I like that idea.” Mithra affirmed, and nodded. “We should start creating a name for ourselves.”

 

Sandara was given a choice. If she stayed, she weren’t to be a burden but almost one of them. Though the condition is a little too big for her since she has to steal from the artists of YGE until she doesn’t know when, Sandara reconsidered Tablo’s idea. She could be a help to the people who saved her, and she hasn’t had to be a garbage collector.

 

“Fine.” She agreed, and sat on the chair contradicting Seven, crossing her arms on her chest. “What’s the name of your group? I heard that the auditions of groups in YGE require names.”

 

“What about Big Bang?” Seungri suggested with excitement in his voice. “We could dress up as cops and have this hooky catchphrase with our hands in the shape of a gun. Big! Bang!” Seungri blew the tip of his fingertips.

 

“What about 2NE1?” Daesung suggested, smiling. “It’s pretty catchy when you add it to songs. Eh eh eh eh eh eh eh eh, 2NE1!”

 

“What about Seven and the Dwarves?” Seven suggested. “Since you all are smaller than me.”

 

“That’s too discriminating!” Seungri whined.

 

“Epik High sounds better.” Tablo and Mithra said altogether. “It sounds like bad boyish but in style.” Tablo continued without Mithra.

 

“What about Infinite?” Mithra suggested, earning a glare from Tablo. “Then, we can call our fans Infinities.”

 

“That’s too corny.” Sandara commented.

 

Psy grinned widely, and suggested. “What about Super Junior? Since we have big…” He let his sentence hang with maliciousness.

 

“…Juniors?” Tablo added, grinning equally as Psy and Sandara covered her ears as Mithra ended the sentence, “es.”

 

But the word still sounded in Sandara’s ears, and she was left blushing, her face flustering into the deepest red it could muster.