Chapter 18

A Back Talker's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

-NON-BETAED!!

-------------------------------

Chapter 18

The dimly lit room only emphasized the two's aloneness. The moonlight's gleam barely enough to illuminate the entire room as everything but the other's presence faded into the background.

They both slowly leaned in on instinct, the distance between them getting thinner and thinner till they finally met in the middle. Their eyes closing on immediate contact.

The kiss was slow and soft, as if the other was hesitating. 

Jaejoong had never kissed anyone before and had only seen how to do it from movies. Yunho didn't help as he just kept pushing his lips forward. Jaejoong didn't remember when he even stopped moving; his lips frozen as the other awkwardly nibbled on his bottom lip.

Yunho pulled back, his eyes open in confusion.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing.." Jaejoong lied, biting his lips. "I just... Don't know how to kiss." 

Yunho smirked, Jaejoong didn't remember what he did last night. 

"I'll guide you through it," He whispered with a half smile, his voice low and husky, as he leaned in once more.

Yunho liked Jaejoong's bottom lip before he entered, his tongue exploring the new cavern. Jaejoong could feel Yunho's breath collide with his as he exhaled while Jaejoong took it in. 

Jaejoong followed Yunho's curious tongue, chasing after it like an eager dog, before they clashed and mixed. Saliva leaked out of Jaejoong's mouth and slid down his chin before Yunho lapped it up.
His hand softly pushed back Jaejoong's shoulder as the boy slowly descended onto the bed under him, Yunho hovered over him.

A hand found its way under Jaejoong's shirt, trailing up, pulling the cloth with it. The beauty immediately stopped it in its tracks with a cautious hand on it.

"Yunho..." Jaejoong looked up, his nervous gaze meeting Yunho's. 

With a sigh Yunho understood. He pulled back his hand and smiled, "We'll take it one step at a time." He sat back, keeping some distance. "As long as I'm with you, it's fine."

Jaejoong couldn't help but smile, replacing the regretful sigh. He was sad he couldn't go all the way with Yunho, but it reminded him too much of things he didn't want to remember.

Yunho looked out the window with a sigh. "You should get some rest, it's night already," He said as he got up, heading to the nightstand to get his pajamas.

"But I just woke up," Jaejoong protested with a whine. "Why don't we do something?"

The teen looked at him with a small chuckle. "What do you have in mind?"

"We could talk about school?" He suggested with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Eww. School." Yunho stuck out a tongue.

"Yeah," Jaejoong said with a defeated sigh. "Oh! We never finished our homework!" Jaejoong panicked, grabbing his backpack from the floor next to the bed. A blush crept onto his cheeks when he remembered why they weren't able to get to it sooner.

"Then we can do it now." Yunho smiled, oblivious to Jaejoong's embarrassment.

An hour passed and they were almost done. Yunho was surprised at how fast you can get so much work done if you are doing it with someone else, especially someone you like being around.

"Everyone must be worrying about us," Jaejoong spoke, looking up from his book.

"What are you talking about?"

"The two of us." He gestured to both of them with a finger. "Absent. At the same time."

Yunho mouthed an 'O' in understanding.

"Yeah."

"Well, I'm sure people would have better things to do than notice two kids out of school. Maybe only those in our classes or school clubs," The teen reassured.

"But that's the thing," Jaejoong raised his voice, setting the book aside. "We aren't just any normal students. You are the kingka of the school and I'm the scapegoat. Two very famous students."

"Well, we don't have to deal with that until we go back now don't we?" Yunho said, a hand on the beauty's shoulder.

"Yeah, but when we get back who knows what they'll do?" Jaejoong panicked, his eyes welling up with tears as he looked straight at Yunho in fear.

Yunho grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly as he looking him straight in the eyes. "I'm not going to let anything happen to you."

All Jaejoong could do was hold back his tears with a bite of his lip and nod. Putting all his faith in Yunho.

"Now," he concluded, as he picked up Jaejoong's book and put it back on the beauty's lap with an encouraging smile. "Let's finish our homework."

Not even five minutes later, Jaejoong asked another question.

"Are you sad that you're missing your clubs?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're missing things like dancing and judo club because you're stuck at home taking care of me," he mumbled sadly.

"Jaejoong," he grabbed the boy's shoulders, forcing him to look him in the eyes. "Don't you ever think that me taking care of you is a burden. I couldn't care less about those clubs." He gave a reassuring smile. "Plus, I can dance anywhere I want. It doesn't have to be in a club." 

Jaejoong smiled. "I always loved watching you dance."

"Well then, why don't I give you a private show?" He smirked with an added wink as he got up from the bed. He walked to the music player and turned it on. A dance song began to play.

Within seconds, Yunho began his performance.

In the midst of his dancing, he turned to the dresser behind him and opened the top drawer. The music continued to play in the background but the dancer stood still, his focus in the cabinet. He pulled out a long chain with a green shape at the end of it before making his way toward the bed. When Jaejoong got a closer look of it, he realized that it was not one but two familiar necklaces intertwined together.

His couple necklace! The same one with two halfs of a green heart that he was about to give Yunho when he confessed that day.

Yunho didn’t even sit down as he placed the necklace over Jaejoong’s head and Jaejoong let him tie it in the back.

“You dropped this the day you confessed," He said sadly. “You ran away and I couldn’t find the right time to give it to you until now. I’m really glad that you forgive me.” He smiled before putting the other half of the necklace on himself.

“How does it look?” The teen asked, showcasing it off as he craned his neck up. Jaejoong giggled softly and before he knew it, Yunho pulled him up with a grab of his arm.

"Yunho!" Jaejoong gasped, a hand on Yunho's chest in attempt to pull away. "I-I can't dance."

"Then let me teach you." Yunho half smiled, pulling Jaejoong closer to him with a hand on his waist. "Just follow my lead," He leaned in and whispered into Jaejoong's ear, pulling back with a smile.

The boy looked at Yunho in confusion before the teen pointed down with his chin and Jaejoong followed with his eyes. Yunho took a step back, and Jaejoong took a step forward. 

The two danced what Jaejoong believed to be the waltz for what felt like hours--even though it was probably minutes--as time spent with Yunho seemed to stop; the two moving in their own frozen world.

Yunho frowned when he noticed Jaejoong seemed to struggle with his brace. Stopping in his stance--earning a look from Jaejoong-- he motioned for Jaejoong to step on his feet.

"No, it will hurt."

"It's fine. It will be easier for you to follow along."

Jaejoong nodded, hesitantly putting his weight on Yunho's feet, trying his best to in his gut, as if it would make him lighter.

"Holding in your breath won't make a difference." Yunho chuckled.

Jaejoong let it out with a huff, before Yunho continued to move along with the beat.

They were so close together when they danced, Jaejoong eventually stopped looking at his feet and flowed with the rhythm; the entire time looking at Yunho.

"I'm not heavy?" 

"Not at all."

Yunho's movements slowed with the added weight, and the foot brace didn't help either; it felt like his toes were being crushed but he bit it back with a smile and tightened his grip around Jaejoong.

Even when the song ended, the two continued to dance to their own rhythm. Their shadows dancing across the floor.

Jaejoong could feel his heart thumping hard against his chest and he felt Yunho's grip around his waist tighten. He looked up, the moonlight grazing Yunho's face as the teen looked back at him. Their gazes never faltering. 

This time Jaejoong didn't have to wait as he followed Yunho's eyes to his lips. He knew it was the right timing. And this time, he was the one who leaned in.

The raven haired boy woke up with a yawn, squinting his eyes from the attack of sunlight. He was in bed, the covers around his waist as he must've moved around too much in his sleep, however he felt an unfamiliar weight on his stomach before he looked down and saw Yunho's arm draped on him. The teen still asleep, stomach side down as saliva trailed onto his pillow. He looked over at the clock, noon. Jaejoong didn't even remember going to bed.

He tried to remember last night as a blush crept up his cheeks at the thought of finally getting a private performance meant only for his eyes and not to mention dancing with his crush, well... Boyfriend now. Jaejoong tried to stifle his giggles with both his hands over his mouth. 

A sudden memory of his mom's voice echoed in his head. 'Until Sunday night.'

Today was Sunday, meaning they would come take him away pick him up from here tonight.

Three nights and four days.

That's how long they were given. 

He looked over at the teen once more before placing a soft kiss on his forehead.

He carefully got up and went downstairs, ready to make breakfast for when Yunho would wake up. This would probably be the last time he could make him breakfast, knowing his over protective parents would lock him up to keep him safe from the bullies later. 

Yunho woke up two hours later, the food had already been sitting out for a while so Jaejoong had to reheat it. 

"Good morning sleepy head." Jaejoong smiled as the first thing Yunho did was wrap his arms around Jaejoong's waist as the boy cleaned the dishes. Jaejoong leaned back onto Yunho's chest as the teen rested his chin on Jaejoong's shoulder, nuzzling his nose in his neck as he smelled a vanilla and strawberry mix emanating from the beauty.

"Why'd you get up so early?"

"Why'd you get up so late?" Jaejoong retorted with a chuckle.

"You need to rest. Your ankle--"

"Enough with the ankle Yunho." Jaejoong turned around, looking Yunho straight in the eyes. "I'm fine. You worry too much," He said, taking the food out of the microwave once the alarm went off.

"Eat," The master chef said as he laid the food on the table, even going as far as to pull out Yunho's chair. 

"So polite." Yunho chuckled. "Isn't that my job?" 

"We can switch roles every now and then." Jaejoong smiled before Yunho caught him off guard with a pull of his hand. He landed right in Yunho's lap before the teen fixed his position so he was sitting on the dancer's lap, just like at the doctor's office.

"Then let me at least repay the favor." Yunho took a spoonful of food, directing it to Jaejoong's mouth.

"I already ate Yunho," Jaejoong laughed, turning his head away from the food 'plane'. 

"Nonsense. You need to recover as soon as possible and that means gaining back your strength and what better way than to eat. Here. Say ah." Yunho tried once more, before the boy rolled his eyes and finally accepted.

"There's other ways of gaining your strength," Jaejoong insisted.

"Oh really? How?" Yunho challenged.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter