Chapter 11

A Back Talker's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

The muffled laughter of children grew louder as the trio drew closer to the cafeteria. The smell of pizza and fries wafted through the air, causing a rumble to roll in Jaejoong’s stomach. 

Jaejoong turned away from the other two as they chatted. Yoochun must’ve really liked Siwon since they were talking so closely. They didn’t seem to notice Jaejoong as they talked, both with big smiles etched on their faces as a frown marred his. How could Siwon just barge in like he had been friends with them for a long time? Yes, he had helped Jaejoong in some situations before, but he lost any kind of friendship they were forming as soon as Yoochun tried to say that he was better than Yunho. He would never let himself like someone other than Yunho, but he had to keep Yoochun happy and just like Yunho secretly for now. He couldn't let anyone know-- not even Yunho-- not yet. Siwon had some nerve to tag along. Usually he isn't annoyed like this with others, so why is he feel irritated whenever he even hears the guy’s name?

Jaejoong pondered on the thought as they entered the cafeteria and sat on one of the unoccupied tables, earning a few glances and whispers from the students at the next table. However, they were the last thing on his mind compared to the growing worry he had of where Junsu could’ve been. He never misses eating lunch with them. Even if they were late, Junsu would wait for them. 

"Yoochun," Jaejoong called. "Do you know where Junsu is? He usually waits for us here." They both looked around, before Yoochun finally shrugged. 

"I’m just as stumped as you are. I don't know where he could've run off to... Maybe he had to go speak to a teacher after class?" Yoochun suggested. 

"Maybe..." Jaejoong replied skeptically, worry lingering in the back of his mind. Could Junsu have gotten into trouble?

"Enough worrying about him, I'm sure he's fine," Siwon butted in, trying to change the subject, but earned a glare from the other two. He immediately raised his hands in defeat and shut up. Not wanting it to be anymore awkward, he offered to buy the both of them lunch, to which Yoochun happily accepted. Jaejoong was more hesitant ,however, but still accepted none the less. As soon as Siwon left the table, Yoochun quickly scooted closer to Jaejoong.

“He’s so polite! See what I’m telling you Jae? He’s perfect!” Yoochun practically hollered in admiration, but was only shushed in reply. “Come on Jae. You can’t keep hanging on to Yunho." He said as his expression reverted back to disbelief.

“I’m not hanging onto him. It’s just…" Jaejoong took quick glances at Siwon before lowering his gaze down to his hands in front of him. "I don’t think Siwon is… the right guy for me..” he quietly answered as he awkwardly played with his fingers.

Yoochun grabbed Jaejoong's shoulders and forced the elder to face him. "I'll help you through this okay?" He gave Jaejoong a comforting smile before pulling him in for a hug. The two were interrupted when the heard a clanking of metal. They turned to the direction of the sound and saw a reddened Siwon.

"Sorry for ruining your moment. I'm so clumsy," Siwon apologized as he rubbed the back of his neck. He pushed the trays of food towards the other two. "I got you guys your lunch though. At least I didn't mess that up." Siwon forced a laugh. He looked up in shock, his mouth agape, when he heard a cute giggle.

"Thats okay. I'm pretty clumsy too." Jaejoong shyly laughed as he pointed to his bandaged bruises. Siwon laughed back, and before they knew it the two were in a deep conversation, sharing their most clumsiest moments, soon forgetting about the person next to them. Yoochun couldn't hide his smile as he watched the two. Their laughter was soon interrupted when they heard a cough. They were so immersed in their conversation they didn't realize someone else's presence. The three looked up to see a panting and slightly irritated Yunho in front of them. 

"Jaejoong! W-what are you doing talking to him?!" Yunho shouted-- without meaning to-- as he pointed at the enemy. His blood boiled at the sight of Siwon getting too close to Jaejoong for his liking. He was practically on him! Was Siwon already intimate with his Jaejoong? 

Jaejoong's face paled and he immediately looked down. Yunho felt a pang inside his chest. Why was Jaejoong not looking at him?

"Jaejoong!" Yunho yelled again, his gaze wavered between Siwon and Jaejoong, biting his lip when the other flinched but still didn’t look. 'No. No! Siwon couldn't have gotten him hooked that fast! He couldn't have!' Yunho's heart sunk and he felt as if his chest had been hit by a boulder. Looking back at Siwon, the student had a smirk on his face, directed straight at Yunho. He gritted his teeth as he looked back at the shrinking beauty. 'It can't be too late.'  Yunho was almost desperate to get a glance from the boy. "Are you ignoring me?" he tried once again, but Jaejoong still wouldn't speak, he just kept his attention to his lap. However, he did see Jaejoong send a pleading look to Yoochun--he believed it was Jaejoong's way of asking Yoochun to make him go away. Was he embarrassed of him? Yunho's jaw tensed as he felt his blood boil. How Jaejoong could ignore him right after he confessed the other day! Didn't he like Yunho? Didn't he want to be with him?

Yunho glared at the two boys sitting beside Jaejoong. The look he saw on Siwon's face made him want to smash his face in, the smirk still etched on his face as he looked back at Yunho. The two glared at each other for a good five seconds before Yunho pulled his eyes away to glance at Yoochun. He seemed like he was about to speak; probably about to ask Yunho to leave. Was Jaejoong just playing with him to make him look like an idiot? Yunho couldn't take it anymore. Yoochun stood up, but before he could say anything, Yunho beat him to it.

"Fine!" he screamed, silencing the entire cafeteria. He swore he could see Jaejoong quiver, but he was sure Jaejoong wouldn't have been the only one. He knew his expression was frightening as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fist, feeling his heart pumping on the side of his neck, usually when his vein would become evident. His face was probably even red, he knew it felt hot. He was even surprising himself, but when it came to Jaejoong… he just couldn’t control himself. The boy made him feel many emotions all at the same time, anger being the dominant one at the moment. 

"You think I care if you don't speak to me?!" He raised an eyebrow. "I don't give a what you do anymore! I can't believe I was actually going to apologize to you!" He shook his head. "Be with Siwon if you love him so much! Have fun ing each other! See if I care!" He screamed before he stormed out of the cafeteria. 

Many students whispered to each other as they looked at Jaejoong and Siwon. Jaejoong shifted in his seat, still not daring to look up, as his hair covered his eyes. As Siwon and Yoochun looked on, they felt their heart sin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter