Chapter 5

A Back Talker's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N - I really suggest that everyone reread the recent chapters ive been posting because the story has changed so if you just wait for the chapters like 10, 11 etc. then it prob wont make as much sense.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yunho and Changmin walked out of the classroom. Yunho balled his hands into fists, making his knuckles turn white as he tried his best to hold in a scream until he was fully out of the classroom. Once they got into the hallway Yunho let it all out, surprising the students in the corridor.

"Dude, chill~" Changmin drew out the last word with a chuckle, patting the other on the back.

"How can I chill Minnie?! I failed that test just now!" Changmin rolled his eyes hearing the other call him 'Minnie'. Even though he hated that nickname Yunho gave him, he still lets Yunho call him that, but only Yunho because they've known each other since they were in diapers. If it were anybody else, he wouldn't hesitate to punch them in the face.

"Well, maybe you should've studied for it?" Changmin smirked.

"I forgot to read the book, ok?! I didn't think we would have the test on the first day back in school!" Yunho defended.

"Yunho. On the summer reading sheet that we were given on the last day of school, it clearly said in bold letters at the top, 'TEST ON THIS BOOK WILL BE ON THE FIRST DAY BACK IN SCHOOL!'" Yunho frowned.

"Well, either way I was busy over the summer. I had very important stuff to do."

Changmin stared at the other and rolled his eyes. "Yeah hyung, I know. I was with you most of the time, remember? And it wasn’t even important! I’m just lucky I was able to have a day to study for the test without having to drag you away.”

“Are you saying Jaejoong isn’t important?! Don’t make me slap you Changmean! But, I have to say, with you gone yesterday… let’s just say it was greatly appreciated.” Yunho winked.

"What did you do this time? Follow him around town? Get on the same bus that he got on, but hide in the back, with only your sunglasses, gray hat, and jacket being your disguise?" Changmin laughed as he joked with the other, stopping short when he heard the other's response.

"You know me so well~" Yunho trilled with a cheesy smile.

"Man Yunho! Do you know how obvious you are?! You're just lucky that Jaejoong couldn't be more oblivious," Changmin scoffed as he started to walk away.

"Yah! Don't walk away! Minnie-ah!~" Yunho whined as he ran after Changmin. Once he caught up, Changmin turned around. His eyebrows knitted together in thought and his lips curled into a frown. Changmin held his index finger in the air, signaling Yunho not to speak just yet. He looked at his friend's expression.

"You must really love Jaejoong to follow him everywhere huh?"

"I don't know... Love is such a strong word..." Yunho looked down as he played with his fingers.

"What?! So you follow him everywhere, think about him all the time, even worry about him, but you don't love him?" Changmin flared in disbelief.

"I... I don't know!"

Changmin sighed. "Are you sure you don't just like Jaejoong for his looks? Or just like the idea of him?"

"No?" Yunho was hesitant to answer; his voice wavered.

Changmin stared at him, his face unreadable.

"I don't know!" Yunho replied, looking at the floor. "I just... I just like him ok?"

Changmin rolled his eyes.

“Ok Hyung… If you like Jaejoong so much, why do you always fight with him?” Changmin decided to change the subject to gain more clarity on a similar topic.

“Its not like I like fighting with him Minnie, its just that… whenever we talk, he knows just how to get on my nerves.” Yunho sighed.

“How so?”

“Just…” Yunho’s eyes shifted as he tried to think of an example. “Like today for example. You knew how excited I was to be able to see Jaejoong again.”

Changmin butted in. “Hyung, you saw Jaejoong all summer.”

“Yeah, but not for long... thanks to a certain someone.”

“Hey! Stalking someone is weird, okay? You aren’t a sasaeng.”

“Blame teenage hormones and summer heat! And it’s not like I did anything!”

“Yeah, because I kept having to drag you away every time you got close to him! You were so weird over the summer, like you were possessed by a demon. Hyung, you looked like I do when I see homemade cooking! Who knows what you would’ve done to him if I didn’t catch you in time?!”

Yunho just rolled his eyes and continued as if Changmin hadn’t spoken. “I was so excited that I would be able to see him today after so long." Changmin rolled his eyes at the last part. "So in school I could just bump into him by accident and get his attention. He’d just think that I didn’t see him there and we could start up a conversation.”

“I’m not entirely convinced that you’re back to normal yet. You need to control yourself around him, and that includes not- I repeat, NOT- fighting with him. If you want to be more than just friends, the fighting needs to stop. It could lead to an unhealthy relationship. It’s only been one night since you stalked him for the entire day while i wasn’t there.” Changmin paused. “It has been at least one night, right? Please tell me you didn’t do anything to him last night,” Changmin pleaded, grabbing Yunho by the shoulders and shaking him back and forth.

Yunho didn’t answer. He just kept looking at the ground, avoiding Changmin’s eyes.

“Dude! Answer me! You’re gonna give me a heart attack from panicking! If you did anything to him while he was sleeping, so help me Yunho I’m go-”

“No!” Yunho immediately answered. “Of course I didn’t do anything,” he continued in a lower voice. Yunho was never going to tell Changmin what really happened last night. He was going to make sure to take it to his grave.

Changmin shot him a suspicious glare. “Ok… I’m going to take your word for it, but if I find out you are lying, you better be ready for a world of pain hyung,” Changmin threatened, making Yunho back away slightly. “Anyways..” Changmin gave Yunho one last skeptical look before continuing. “How does all that relate to you always fighting with him?”

“I’m getting to that.” Yunho pressed his lips together in annoyance before continuing. “He has such a cute and adorable personality, and I would know! I followed him everywhere this summer!” Yunho added. Changmin rolled his eyes. “But whenever we talk to each other, his personality always changes and he gives me so much sass. Only me! It’s so annoying! Why does he only do it with me?! I just want to have one normal conversation with him!”

“Maybe talking back to you is just his way of showing he likes you back?” Changmin proposed.

“Don’t be silly Changmin. Only little kids do that.” Yunho turned and started to walk away.

Changmin shrugged thinking ‘At least I tried,’ and followed.

-----------------------------------------

Jaejoong slowly opened his eyes and noticed that he was in a room with many beds. He sat up in the bed he was in and yawned, rubbing his eyes with the heel of his palms. He took in his surroundings, before getting off the bed. He walked out of the room and saw an unfamiliar woman. She smiled at him before speaking.

"Oh, Mr. Kim, I see you're awake. Are y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter