Chapter 10

A Back Talker's Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Warning! Not completely betaed!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 10


After class, when everyone was leaving for lunch, Yunho tried to sneak out with the rest of the students, hoping the teacher had forgotten the incident with Siwon earlier. 

Unfortunately for him, the teacher didn't forget.

A few minutes and scoldings later, Yunho walked out of the classroom gritting his teeth as he crumpled the detention slip in his hand.

'Its not even my fault! He deserved to get punched!' Yunho screamed in his mind. The slip losing its smoothness every second within his grasp.

"Yunho!" Looking up from the slip, Yunho saw Changmin taking long strides toward him, his expression frightening. His face was red as his cheeks puffed constantly, looking as if he was going to explode. Yunho could imagine the steam coming out of his big ears like in those old cartoons. Just as he was about to question the fuming boy , he was instantly shoved backwards, the younger's fingers leaving sore indents on Yunho's shoulders. Luckily, he was able to keep his footing and not fall flat on the floor.

"Changmin?! What was that for?" Yunho raised his voice in confusion, tugging at the bottom of his shirt to unwrinkle the spots on his shoulders that Changmin had messed up.

"Don't look at me like that! You know why I'm mad!" Changmin hollered, his voice loud and rough. "I can't believe you stopped looking for Jaejoong yesterday! Did you see what happened to him?! That's all your fault!" Changmin shoved his friend once more, harder this time, causing Yunho to hit the locker's behind him; his body making a loud clang on impact.

The commotion caught the attention of a few students once more.

"Hey!! I'm not the one who got him hurt! I don't even know how he got that way!" Yunho defended with his hands up. 

"Yeah! But you could've stopped him from getting hurt!!" Changmin retorted, an accusing finger pointed straight at Yunho. 

Yunho let out a sigh, his eyes closed as he recalled yesterday's incident. A sickening feeling bubbled in his gut. 

 

*Flashback*

Siwon's words had really gotten to Yunho. Repeating over and over again in his head like a broken record.

"So after what you did earlier today, you still think Jaejoong would forgive you? He probably hates you right now. What could you do that would make him change his mind?"

Maybe Siwon was right. Why would Jaejoong forgive him? He hurt his feelings and even made him cry! 

‘There's probably nothing I could do to make him like me again.' Yunho sighed. It felt like a heavy weight was dropped on him as his body slumped. The guilt was eating him alive. Jaejoong must hate him. He was feeling a mix of emotions. Angry at himself for going too far; sad that he might not be forgiven, and emptiness at the thought that Jaejoong would never want to talk to him again. If he couldn’t see Jaejoong again, where was the happiness in life? Sure, they always fought, but just seeing Jaejoong blush or smile made his day. Maybe giving up would be the best way to handle this. 

"I'm going to make sure that Jaejoong doesn't fall for you anymore." 

"Because he's going to fall in love with me."

Siwon could easily do that. Yunho basically cleared the path for Siwon to take Jaejoong from him- not that Yunho had him in the first place. And even if he did, he lost all of his chances by rejecting him in front of the whole school. Jaejoong probably hated him to no end. 

‘Just give up,' a voice in his head told him. It sounded like the best option.  'You don't need Jaejoong in your life anyways. There are plenty of fish in the sea.' Yunho agreed with the voice in his head, trying his best to ignore the guilt and depression harboring in his heart. 

"Yunho! Hellooo?! Earth to Yunho?!" Changmin waved his hand in front of the other's face. The temptation of smacking him in the face right then and there dangled in front of him; almost impossible to refuse, but he kept his composure. Not right now. He wanted to save it for the perfect moment. Yunho had been staring into space for a good two minutes. "Yunho!" Changmin shook Yunho by the shoulders, sighing in relief when his best friend turned to look at him.

"Sorry Changmin, what were you saying?" Yunho asked with raised eyebrows as if he had only spaced out for a second.

"What did Siwon tell you? Did you find out where Jaejoong is?" Changmin questioned, slightly annoyed to have to repeat himself once more.

"Oh, that," Yunho sighed non-enthusiastically. 

Changmin could tell that something was wrong with Yunho. "Hyung, what did Siwon say to you exactly?"

Yunho hesitated before responding. "Nothing important." Yunho looked down, wanting to forget about this situation already. A momentary image of a big dog flashed in his mind before he let out a gasp. He had to catch Taepung; it was the perfect excuse.

"Hey! Um… I gotta go find Taepung, so I'm gonna go now... a-and look for him," Yunho explained with suspicious enthusiasm as he pointed behind him with a thumb, slowly starting to back away. 

"Wait. What?! What about Jaejoong?!" Changmin was taken aback. Didn't he care about finding Jaejoong?! How could his friend think a dog was more important that the one he supposedly loved and constantly obsessed over.

"Siwon knows where he is. He can find him," Yunho quickly suggested, the room seeming to hot for his liking all of a sudden.

"But what about you?! Didn't Siwon tell you where he was? Why don't you go look for Jaejoong? What if something bad happens to him? Don't you care about him?" Changmin jabbed Yunho in the chest with his finger. 

"Nothing's going to happen to him Changmin! And if you're not going to help me look for Taepung, then just leave me alone!" Yunho screamed, getting annoyed. He didn't like how Changmin kept badgering him.

Changmin was speechless. He couldn't believe that Yunho could just give up on Jaejoong like that. Frozen in shock, he watched Yunho leave the room, ignoring the stares he got from the other students who had also witnessed the scene.

*Flashback end*


"Changmin, just… not now... please. " Yunho begged; he had so many problems going on in one day. He didn't want to add more to the list.

"Not now?! How can you say that?!" Changmin sighed. "I should've gone after you. I should've smacked some sense into you! Now look what happened!" Changmin screamed, regret eating his insides. He felt sick, like he could throw up at any second. He felt that it was just as much his fault as it was Yunho's. 

Yunho didn't respond, his gaze everywhere but at Changmin, irritating his dongsaeng even further. "What happened to you yesterday?!" He pried once more with gritted teeth as he tried to hold back.

"Siwon happened OKAY!?!" Yunho finally screamed. Changmin took a step back at the outburst but stayed quiet, wanting to hear more of what Yunho had to say. "Yesterday… He told me that he was going to take Jaejoong from me. There was no point in trying to find Jaejoong because, like always, that bastard Siwon would've beaten me to it!" Yunho croaked, tears already on the brim of spilling. Yunho tried to shake it off with a laugh, looking up to the ceiling as Changmin spoke. He knew he looked like a wuss right now.

"I'm sure you could've found Jaejoong if you tried," Changmin reassured, his hand rested on Yunho's shoulder with a light squeeze for extra support. 

"No, I couldn't because Siwon didn't tell me where he was. I forgot to ask because I was too shocked by what he said to do anything. It turned out that he didn't even know where Jaejoong was in the first place." Changmin's mouth opened, about to question him, but upon seeing the curious look on Changmin's face, Yunho answered before he could. "He told me in the classroom, that's one of the reasons I punched him." Upon hearing this, Changmin didn't know what to say. He was speechless again. When neither of them continued speaking, Changmin thought it was about time he spoke. 

"Okay… So if I understand this correctly.... Just because Siwon told you that he was going to take Jaejoong from you, you gave up? Just like that?" Changmin questioned with a cocked brow, unable to believe his friend's decision.

Yunho nodded, looking at the ground to avoid Changmin's gaze. In Changmin’s eyes he looked like a sad puppy that just had its bone taken away never to see it again. Disappointment overwhelming him to the point of giving up.

"Hyung, Jaejoong likes you, he even confessed to you that he liked you. Don't forget that." Changmin reassured once more, his head bending down so that he could meet Yunho's gaze. 

"Yeah, but...after what I did to him, how can he forgive me?" Yunho croaked, his eyes glassy. Changmin felt a twinge in his heart. 

"Yunho, Jaejoong is the nicest person you could ever meet." 

Yunho felt like an idiot. No, he was an idiot. How could he ever have little faith in Jaejoong? Hearing it from Changmin made his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter