You tell who you really are and I tell you who I really am (Pt 2)

0330 ~ Coffee Studio

Ayumi searched the dining area to find Dongho on a table embedded on the wall facing the glass window. Dongho was seated on a bar-like wooden stool with his legs crossed, his elbows on the table, back of his palms supporting his head.

"So, what do you think of Coffee Studio?" Ayumi asked as she helped herself in a stool beside Dongho, who seemed oblivious to being a gentleman, especially to a girl who doesn't know him.

"The place is exceptional. Thank you for bringing me here," Dongho replied in a warm, contented voice

"My pleasure. So what class are you in?" She said, attempting to start a conversation.

Dongho knew she was attempting to make acquaintances. Okay, I'll give you a chance to know me more. "Well, I'm in senior year, Class C. And you?"

"I'm in Class B since I did not qualify Class A because I just transferred last summer. My former school in Japan was approximately 50% destroyed by that ravaging tsunami," She shared, tears building up in her eyes.

Dongho softened up at her situation. He patted her right shoulder with his big, soft, left hand. "The least thing is, you are safe here," He said, smiling honestly.

A waiter in a white shirt with an orange apron tied on his waist soon appeared with a tray of two hot lattés in white china cups and pastries.

"Kamsahamnida~" Ayumi said as the waiter put their orders down.

Dongho placed Ayumi's coffee in front of her and took out his camera from his back pack.

"Don't put sugar or drink it yet. I think we should treasure just a bit of this memory," He then snapped a picture or two of the bear froth on the top of their tea cups. 

"So how about your parents? Do you have any siblings?" He asked casually as he kept his camera in his backpack again and placed  a pack of sugar in front of Ayumi.

He was tearing up the paper pack of the sugar when she answered, "Well, my parents are busy with the family's business. My mom wants me to go to her school in Japan, but it is half ruined now, so they transferred me here to dad's school. Luckily, my maternal grandparents are in Europe, touring, and they weren't in Japan when that catastrophe happened. My parents met when dad had to go to Japan for college. considering the fact that my parents are a pair of workaholic citizens, I don't have any sibling. So I'm stuck here in Seoul with only an ahjumma, who took care of me since I was a baby. My paternal grandparents are in Busan, my dad's hometown."

Ayumi confessed with her head down while tracing the rim of her cup with her forefinger.

"That's sad. My brother's in China too, for studying purposes and I just get to see him once a year. My parent's are in the province too, so I live here alone with my friends. My parents visit me here occasionally though to check out how I'm doing with work and studying," He opened-up as well to comfort her that she's not alone in that scenario.

"You work?" She replied in an amazed tone while sipping her now warm coffee.

"Well, yeah. Not everyone can be fortunate as you are," Dongho joked with a smile that made his eyes close. He wanted to avoid this part because he now understands that she doesn't have the slightest idea of his identity here in South Korea, and he feels like he is inclined in protecting her from bashing fans.

"Oh, Mianhe," She quietly replied, blushing.

"Ah. Get over it. Come on. Our coffee's getting cold. Oat bar?" He said, offering her the pastry.

Ayumi curtly declined the offer gesturing that the pastries are for him.

While he was busily sipping coffee, Dongho encouraged a thought. Why is it that even I'm boiling in frustration, she still manages to cool it down and make me smile? And even if I try to ignore her, she's still cute in ways I don't expect she would be. Dongho looked like a fool smiling to himself and unknowingly wrote her name in Japanese on the frost of the window because of the rain. 

Ayumi noticed that it's her name. So she asked, "You know Japanese?" She said startling him to erase the writing with his fist.

"Uhh. Yeah. I do. I'm also fluent in Mandarin," he defended and changed the subject.

Astonished, Ayumi challenged him for she felt he's hiding something from her and kept on defending it. "How did you acquire such skills?"

"Well, the truth is I grew up in China. So that's why i know Mandarin. And my two friends are very fluent in Mandarin also. So we converse in Mandarin sometimes and it's sometimes good for a person to know a lot of languages," Dongho defended well, sweating hard for he was not ready to tell her the real reason why he speaks Japanese.

Ayumi seemed convinced with the answer and nodded her head. Two peculiar boys with the same uniform approached them which startled Ayumi since the two looked like angels sent to earth because of their super flawless, porcelain skin and manly features. One guy was a bit lanky and light haired with diamond-studded earrings on each of his lobes. The other guy was a bit buffy and an inch shorter than the other and has studs of earrings too in each lobe.

"Hyung! What are you doing here?" Dongho exclaimed, surprised to see his Hyungs caught him with a girl they haven't met yet.

"Yah! You didn't show up for the group meeting," The buffy guy said.

"Yeah! And caught you on a date," The lanky guy teased emanating aegyo as he said these words and gave the buffy guy a low five.

"It's not what you think it is," Dongho defended as he felt blood rush to his cheeks and so was Ayumi's. "By the way, if I may, I'd like to introduce you to my new friend. Her name's Park Ayumi and she's a transferee from Japan. These two are my hyungs, Lee Kiseop, and Elison Kim, but you can call him Eli," Dongho introduced them to change the subject.

The three shook hands with each other. Then two took two seats to sit on.

 "Uh, hyung, what are you doing?" Dongho worriedly said.

"Listening to your conversation and waiting for you to finish," Eli mocked the maknae trying to annoy him in front of a girl.

"Aish. I'll be there later hyung. We'll wrap all this up and I'll take her home," Dongho replied annoyed.

"Okay, okay. We were just kidding. See you later," Kiseop said patting Dongho and getting off to the door.

"Who are they?" Ayumi asked a minute of the two handsome men's disappearnace.

"Just two of my friends. Are you done with your coffee? I'll walk you home," Dongho replied in a hurried voice.

"Sure. Let's go? Oh, wait. We have to at least document memories, do we?" Ayumi suggested as she took her light blue digital camera out her backpack.

"Okay, mine too," Dongho agreed as he took out his camera too.

"Okay, smile!" They both said and then the cameras clicked and flashed.

"Shall we go now?" Dongho said as they zipped their backpacks tightly.

"Let's go," Ayumi smiled at him. Omo she's so cute. The little voice on Dongho's mind said.

They walked out of the shop smiling and laughing with the exchange of jokes, now that the rain has fully disappeared.

 

 

Author's notes:

Hello readers and my 5 subscribers. I love all of you. Thank you for reading and commenting. I appreciate all you comments and suggestions. I will do my best to make this fan fiction be a good one. I love writing about Dongho. I think I might even love him, but no. I'm a proud x a n d e r e t t e ~ Please do watch out for more appearances of Kiseop and Eli, because there will be a whole lot more x