A Decision To Make

An Unaccepted Apology-Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Do you know how scary that thought is? That I am nothing if you are next to me?"

"I don't blame you for anything but we need to stop this..."

"I want to handle this pain on my own and not depend on anyone for my happiness..."

Anyone? He had become just another person for Heechul. Not the man he loved but some stranger...

Heechul's words kept on playing in his head, his determined eyes were still vivid in mind.

Heechul wasn't joking nor was he acting out of crazy rage or emotions. Whatever he had said was even headedly put in front of him, like Heechul had given enough thought to every single word he had uttered that day. And the message was crystal clear...

"That’s the thing Hannie...I don't know anymore..."

Hankyung couldn't even describe how it felt to hear his name from Heechul; but he didn't indulge in it more because his next words broke his heart.

Trust...

The most important thing in any relationship, one which makes it strong.Strong enough to face anything.

He had lost that. He didn't blame Heechul behaving like that because he had given every reason to other to think whatever he was thinking now.

Heechul didn't trust him, his love...his sincerity, his regretful heart. Heechul had no faith in it anymore.

Heechul wanted to search for his own path, build a new life on his own. A life where he had no space in; Heechul didn't want him in his new life or in his journey to find himself once again.

It took time but Hankyung had understood it now. He was tormented, he had cried remembering their conversation again and again...but somehow he had started to accept it.

He always wanted to take care of Heechul, to pamper him in every manner and treat him like a precious fragile flower. For many years, it was like this strong urge...to keep Heechul safe and protected. Later the same thing had felt like a big burden and had become reason for his fatal attraction towards Siwon.

Did he want that? To make Heechul dependent on him? Did it make him happy to see the feline man cling to him like a little child?

Without him knowing, his love had made Heechul weaker, had made him link his existence with his love life. And his betrayal had destroyed Heechul to a far below level then he had thought.

It wasn't just his boyfriend cheating on him; For Heechul it must have felt like world is ending for him. Did his love have become sole purpose of living for Heechul? Did he always know it and the scariest thought for Hankyung was...

Did he like it and wanted it to be that way?

A sudden noise broke his thinking trail. He was still standing next to his open suitcase, holding one of his shirts which he had planned to fold and pack few minutes back.

He looked at the source of the noise...a certain person who had barged in his room calling Heechul's name. But the expressions on his sudden visitor's face changed as soon as he saw him.

"Ahh..hyung won't be here for sure..would he now?"Kyuhyun said in a teasing tone with an unmistakable smirk on his face.

Hankyung ignored the taunt as he kept on putting his cloths in suitcase. He didn't tell other to get out of his room...because he had no right to do so anymore.

"Ahh, so you are finally leaving. Took you some time to understand and believe hyung's words eh?"Younger kept on rambling.

Hankyung didn't respond, he just wanted other to leave him alone. He didn't want to argue because it would be futile and bring his misery back.

Kyuhyun looked disappointed when he didn't see the reaction he wanted to see on other and turned to leave until a thought halted him; he still had some things to say...

"You never really asked me how I came to know everything about your little affair, why? aren't you curious?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Hankyung gave an uninterested look.

"How does that matter now?"He spoke up his thought after he sensed Kyuhyun would tell him anyways.

"When...appa was having hard time, I was very disturbed. I had never seen my appa that defeated and dejected and it pained me to see him struggle every day. Though there were many people to support me over here; I knew there was only one person who could truly comfort me."Kyuhyun paused for a second, lost in past thinking how bad he had missed Heechul at that time.

"I was still angry with hyung for leaving Korea like that, but I knew only Heechul hyung could save me from that suffering. I finally made up my mind and called him. Hearing his voice after so long, I completely broke down. I wanted him next to me...I wanted him to be with me when I was having such hard time coping up with that situation. I wanted him to hold me and comfort me like a baby..."

Hankyung tightened his hold the shirt he was folding as he heard Kyuhyun talk affectionately about Heechul.

"I told him everything and also told him how much I miss him. Like I had thought just telling him everything and hearing his comforting words had calmed me down instantly. Hyun ah, everything is going to be ok. You are stronger than this...you will do good."Kyuhyun smiled remembering those words.

"Those words were no different from what other had told me but hyung's words had that assured feeling in them that relieved me. But when I was finally calmed down I started to feel the difference. Of course he was sounding cheerful, trying to make me forget my worries. But there was something missing, he sounded different, a little down and his laughs sounded fake at times, like he was hiding something."Hankyung rose his eyes to meet Kyuhyun's cold gaze. The younger was giving him dreaded look.

"He was hiding you of course. Your new found attraction with your supposedly 'perfect' prince charming and your horrendous acts. I had to try so hard to get it out of him. He sounded so broken when he struggled to utter each word of your 'oh so great' behavior towards him."Kyuhyun’s tone had become sarcastic and poisonous as he spoke, remembering the turmoil in his heart when he heard his dearest hyung cry on the phone. Hankyung still didn't say anything, but he was using all strength in him to hear Heechul's agony from some other and not to break down in shame.

"I was really surprised you know. I know I have mentioned it number of times but I really hate you. You stole hyung from me. But I had no voice. You seemed like such a great partner to him and had no flaws that I could use to my benefit. It was really hard but I had accepted your relationship, because hyung was happy with you. Only that...apart from that I had no faith in you. I had never imagined you..Whom Heechul hyung had tightly wrapped around his little finger, will do anything like that..Like wow..really? I was like that for few moments. But later I was angry..How could you do that? You had a precious treasure with you and you threw it away brutally with your own hands..ahh stupid...so stupid.."Kyuhyun said shaking his head in dismay.

"You have no idea how it feels when the person you love doesn't feels same about you, how painful it is to see that person all happy with someone else, when you know you could h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter