I Don't Know Anymore

An Unaccepted Apology-Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The cold water splashes on his face made his mind clearer. He doesn't need to rush he thought. Heechul had just recovered and maybe he needed time and some space as well.

"Am I being too impatient?"Hankyung thought to himself. He very well knew about Heechul's habit of going into his closed shell when he is not happy about something or is decisive in any matter. Sure Hankyung could give other some time ,but space? Was it ok to leave the feline man when he was deciding about their fate together?

Leeteuk wouldn't let him stay much longer, he was sure about it. But he couldn't just leave, not without Heechul. He could face the awkwardness and all but it was necessary to stay close to Heechul. He made up his mind feeling a bit lighter.

The first thing he had done after leaving that party was to call Zhou Mi. Fortunately the doctor was free and they had a long talk. According to Zhou Mi, he shouldn't push Heechul because it would make other feel cornered and could have adverse effects. Because for Heechul, those three years had never happened. For him it was like next day after that accident when he woke up in hospital with his memories. His emotional scars were as fresh as they would have been three years back.

So Hankyung had decided to be optimistic about it and wait for Heechul. The only problem in this all was Leeteuk. He was not sure if eldest would be happy about this.

"May be , he would listen to Kangin?"He said to himself. Just few days, he was going to be patient and be around Heechul trying to minimize the awkwardness around them. That should do it, he thought content about his decision. He opened his door to go find Kangin only to see a slender figure rushing away speedily.

"Heechul ah..."He called out half happy; half surprised. Heechul  was here to see him, of course that should have been the case, because his was the only room on this side. He slowly approached the rigid figure standing a few distance away from him.

"Heechul ah, were you..did..did you want anything?"He asked slowly, getting impatient once again. Heechul was there, why?

Heechul sighed loudly, this was stupid. But he had no escape from this. May be he should just walk away..but..

He slowly turned around, his eyes rising to see that face, so closely after so much time. It hadn't change a bit, eyes glittering in hope looking through him.

"I..I..Yunho said.."He cringed when he couldn't convey his thoughts. Why this person still had this effect on him?

Hankyung stood patiently his mind on rollercoaster ride once again. How can some be this beautiful and mesmerizing? He watched as those feline eyes roamed around nervously, before they were closed shut for a moment.

"We need to talk."Heechul spoke up after few moments of silence. Yeah, let's just get it done with...he thought while looking for a response from other.

Hankyung couldn't believe his stars, just few minutes back he was making himself ready to wait till Heechul gets comfortable and now, he was actually getting a chance to say his heart. He suddenly became excited, what all things he should say? How should he start? Should he say I love you first or I am sorry? He was all ready to guide other in his room before one voice stopped him in his tracks.

"What are you doing again?"Leeteuk looked furious as he appeared next to Heechul.

"I warned you not to bother him. “The elder male said coming to stand in front of him, shielding other.

Before Hankyung could defend himself, Heechul grabbed other's hand.

"It's ok hyung. We had to do it someday."He spoke his mind to the skeptical looking man.

"But Chul ah..."Leeteuk started to protest, Heechul stopped him giving an assured look.

"Everyone keeps on telling me that I need to listen to his side once. I have tried to avoid it too long now and it's tiring. I just want to get it over with." He said before he moved into the room.

Hankyung was alarmed hearing the last sentence from Heechul. Get it over with? What was other thinking?

"Don't try anything stupid. "Leeteuk warned him looking sternly at him.

He didn't reply, he was suddenly afraid. His obvious excitement and slight happiness had gone for a toss hearing Heechul's one sentence. Get it over with? Have Heechul already made up his mind? His mind was clouded with negative thoughts. What should he say? What if he say something stupid?

"Look, I know you suffered for three years when I was not myself and all and you even brought me back to Leeteuk hyung, so I should say thanks.."Heechul suddenly sounded determined, his previous nervousness was nowhere to be seen. It looked like he was closing himself. It was not a good sign.

"The accident...I didn't..."

"I was so scared..."Hankyung hurriedly interrupted. He needed to say things before Heechul completely close his mind doors for him. He watched as other frowned not liking being interrupted. Of course, Hankyung couldn't let other to 'get it over with it. Heechul said he was there to listen to his side, so he would make other listens to it.

"You..you were not waking up and they kept on uttering scary words. Various possibilities and speculations, I..I was so scared. That you won't..." He paused, unable to complete the sentence. Heechul gave him a blank look before tuning his gaze elsewhere.

"I never believed them though..."Hankyung started again.             

"You had to be ok no matter what. I..I felt so stupid. For thinking even for a second that I could leave without you, I couldn't even think straight when I couldn't see you for some time and I was thinking I could live my life happily with someone else..."He said with sadistic smile.

"I...I remember each and every cruel word I said and I regret saying them...I don't know why but I was blinded...his fake charm, concerns and smiles enchanted me and made me do all those heartless things to you and when I finally woke up from that spell you were already slipping away from me. I hate myself for being that stupid. I despise myself for treating you that badly in the past...I cheated on you..I broke your heart and made you cry and feel lonely , but more than that, my one mistake almost took your life and later ruined it badly; and I would never forgive myself for that."His voice choked up, he could feel various emotions rushing through him. It was something he wanted to say for a long time and was finally getting a chance to do so. Heechul was silent but his previous rigid and cold body language was replaced by a attentive one.

"You..you shouldn't have done that. There was no need to save someone like me. At least then I would have thought I was paying for my mistakes because I deserved that. Thinking about the reason behind it kept me going though..."Hankyung gave a small smile.

"You were always the sunshine in my life making everything in it brighten up and lively. I had forgotten it momentarily. I realized i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter