Give Him A Chance

An Unaccepted Apology-Season 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The soft humming which had attracted him towards the kitchen grew louder as he progressed further.

The sight in front of him brought a warm smile on his face making him nostalgic.

Watching Heechul fussing around the kitchen while singing some girl band song was always a treat.You could also get to see some signature dance steps in between when the man would promptly stop whatever he was doing and do the steps with full vigor.

Heechul was shaking his body, holding the coffee pot in one hand and mug in other.

Hankyung just wanted to go and hug the man right then, because he was being too adorable to handle for him. But he knew he couldn't do it, not yet.

The situation with Heechul had not changed much yet even though he was back at Leeteuk's apartment a week back. He still ignored Hankyung and behaved like he didn't live with them at all.

Hankyung had tried to talk to Heechul on various occasions but Heechul always would go uneasy and stiff in those situations..so much that Hankyung feared other would faint at some moment. Leeteuk was being harsh than ever, always insisting on him leaving his apartment, shielding his brother every time.

Hankyung could understand the concern, he was getting a clear signal that he was not needed there, save Kangin's efforts to keep up his spirit.

But he couldn't just leave even though he knew Heechul was uncomfortable in his presence. Because, that was not the solution. He needed to talk to Heechul at least once to say what he have been waiting to say for three long years. To keep his sincere heart in front of other and keep up his hope for forgiveness from other..He had to..

He stood there watching as the man opened and cabinets after cabinets with a frown on his face, possibly looking for some snacks. Hankyung smiled, it was so like Heechul to look for a ready to eat snack early in the morning until someone puts an edible breakfast in front of him.

"What are you standing there and watching? "He flinched when he heard Heechul's voice. The man still had his back to him and was busy in his search, never stopping his muttering.

"Aishh, there are no cookies..I hate cereals...Yah, Come here and cook me something quickly if you don't want me to burn down the kitchen."

Hankyung's heart soared while he listened to Heechul's voice commanding him to cook for him...it was nothing new for him but..it was new for him in this situation.

Was Heechul trying to...

"Hyung...why are you still standing there..."He was still stunned from what he had heard when Heechul turned frowning and froze. The same uneasy and scared expressions were coming on other's face when Hankyung spoke up.

"I...I will cook something right away. Should I make some rice and soup for you?..it won't take much time.."He said while advancing in the kitchen. Heechul still stood frozen without reacting. Hankyung took it as a positive clue, he was not letting this opportunity go waste. May be they could start some conversation.

"We found some good vegetables yesterday at supermarket. I guess I should use some of them. Kangin ah was so excited talking about how fresh they looked..he is turning into a ahjumma."He laughed taking out all the ingredients; all the while avoiding to look at other because if he would have, he was sure he would lose it all. His mind was on a roller coaster and his hands were shivering trying to get hold on this situation. He was in same room with Heechul, cooking him breakfast just like old days.

"Do you want rice to be plain or should I make fried rice? You like that better."He went on talking avoiding the cold silence in the room. It was like a whisper but he heard it..

"Don't..."It was first thing Heechul had said to him, directly to him but he didn't dare to stop his talk or turn around.

"I am putting broccoli in it. I know you hate it. But anyhow you won't eat it otherwise...so just a little bit of it."He went on while he cut the vegetables, stopping the urge to look at Heechul's face.

Was he angry? Crying? Looking for a way out to avoid him yet again?

But he was still there, standing at the same spot as previously his eyes bored on him...he could feel it ,that gaze but was it pained one? or full of rage? Or just the usual empty one?

"I really like it here. Coming back was definitely good idea. I should have done it earlier. We have so many good memories here and many friends as well. It feels warm here."He said while putting all the vegetables in pan.

"Why? Why are you..."Heechul couldn't even finish his question...it was so hard to keep a tab on his overwhelming emotions.

Why was this person behaving like nothing had happened? Nothing really had happened? Was it all a dream? A really bad one? A..a nightmare? Can they..They be together like...

The sting of his nails digging in his palm brought him to reality.

That pain was real...as real as the pain this man's words had brought him.

He wanted to scream...shout so loudly so he can block that voice...was it pity? Was this person pitying him? Why? Because he was this fragile and weak? So weak that he couldn't even talk back properly or move even an inch...

"Stop it..."He screamed in agony, may be towards himself to stop all his pathetic thoughts...

He breathed easy when all the voices in his head stopped before he turned to leave...he needed to leave this place...whichever place where this person was present.

"How long will you be like this? "A soft voice made him pause...that same voice which he didn't want to hear.

"How long?"He flinched when the voice rose to a sharper tone.

"You..you have been avoiding me ever since you woke up. I...I didn't say anything because I knew you would be wanting some time to adjust...but..but..how long? Tell me how long I have to wait for some attention from you ? A single glance..However hateful it may be...a..a single word .however vicious it may be..."Hankyung talked in frustration. All he wanted was a chance where Heechul would listen to him..but instead all other was doing was running away from him.

"I know I was wrong..I made mistakes...huge mistakes..but..but..nothing is going to get solved by ignoring me."He continued, but cringed when he saw no reaction from other. Heechul just stood there with his back to him..ready to flee any minute..no, he wouldn't let that happen.

Before he knew he was grabbed the slender hand to turn the man to face him. The panicked expression on other's face made him think of letting go but he tightened his grip instead, when Heechul started struggling to get out of the grip.

"Listen to me..you have to listen. I..I made mistakes. I am ashamed of how I treated you..I..I was blinded. You need to understand me..Curse me..hit me..Shoot me...do whatever you want..but hear me out first...let me tell you how I felt when I thought I had lost you....how scared I was..."He spoke in agony, looking hopeful when Heechul finally stopped his struggle, but he was not looking at him.

"At least look at me ple

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter