Two

The Hurtful Past

{ A Beautiful Place }

 

[ 11:45a.m. In Myungsoo's Home ]

 

Jiyeon placed down the chopsticks and spoons on the table as she rubbed her belly in satisfaction. She lean her back against the chair as Myungsoo picked her bowl up and went to the kitchen sink. Jiyeon curled her fingers up as she slowly stepped out from the chair and walked towards the sink as she grabbed onto her bowl that was placed beside the sink.

"I... I can help you." Jiyeon said softly as she washed it thoroughly with soap.

Myungsoo grabbed onto her hands as he gripped onto the other end of the bowl. He then glanced at Jiyeon with those mesmerising eyes and said to her, "No, I should help you since you're the guest here." Myungsoo said. 

Jiyeon bit her lips and nodded obediently. Myungsoo then pointed towards the living room as he took the bowl from her and washed it with soap and tap water.

Jiyeon nodded her head again and dragged her feet to the living room. The living room had the walls painted in black, the lights have lit up the walls brightly, brightening up the room. There is also a huge LED television hanging on the war, with a table below, stacked with CDs and the various DVDs. She looked at them in curiosity as her hand naturally reached out and lifted up a dvd.

The dvd curiously was black, and had no cover. Her curiosity struck her as she flipped the empty cover open, revealing a plain disc. She unplugged the disc from the holder as she studied it carefully.

"You want to watch that?" Myungsoo said from the back.

Jiyeon turned around and hurriedly place it back into the holder and placed it back to the stack of DVDs. "I'm sorry.." She muttered in a low tone as she moved away from him and stumbled onto the sofa. 

"Ugh..." Jiyeon uttered as she stood up and buried her head on her chest.

Myungsoo smirked at her as he inched forward to her and push her down onto the sofa. "It's alright, I'm not mad at you for looking at those DVDs. Just don't look at my private stuff will do." Myungsoo instructed as he her hair gently.

Jiyeon slightly ducked her head from him as goosebumps were formed on her arms. She bit her lips in nervousness as her toes were moving about and she started playing with her fingers. She was shivering, shivering in fear.

Being amazed by her shyness, Myungsoo continued to her hair and slowly whispered to her, "Don't worry. I am a man that will take care of you. I will not hurt you, so you don't worry and I won't eat you up~" 

Myungsoo chuckled. Jiyeon's eyes grew as she sighed. She did not know why was her heart thumping so abnormally. She felt like as if her heart was throbbing out of her and she had this strange feeling. 

She felt like he is someone close to her. But she do not know whether to trust him or not. Life is a dilemma. There are always choices, and there are always consequences for every choice taken. What if this Myungsoo guy is like her previous man? That man whom caused such despair to her life, her future and her everything.

 

"You have no where to stay right?" Myungsoo suddenly asked.

Jiyeon looked at him with her big long eyes as she lowered her head and nodded her head silently. 

Myungsoo let out a soft laugh and replied, "Nevermind, it's alright. I'll take you in as my friend. We are friends, right?" Myungsoo cleared his throat. Another silence taken over them. Jiyeon was feeling awkward with him as she slowly scoot inch by inch, away from him. Myungsoo then wrapped his arms around her, "my friend, open yourself to me. I can help you overcome your problems." He said

He then added on, "I'm really sure you have some problems last time. You fainted last night and I carried you back to my home. You can continue to stay here. And the clothes you are wearing are newly bought clothes. They are hip ones, I've specifically selected those for you. There are some others in your room. I'll bring you to your room now?" 

Jiyeon looked at him with those suspicious eyes. "He... how come he know me so well? Am I so easily seen through? But he seemed to know my difficulties, he seemed to care for me." Her heart said as she look into his eyes deeply. There was a sense of sincerity in his eyes. His eyes meant the words he said. His words are truly genuine.

 

Myungsoo pulled her to a beautiful pink room. A truly pink room that would suit her. Jiyeon found herself in a cozy place, she felt warmth engulfing her soul as she enter the room. The room was greeted by a glass of pansies on the table. Jiyeon smiled as she moved towards the pansies and gently touched onto the petals. It was soft and smooth. The touch of life. 

 

Jiyeon gasped in awe as she saw the special unique bookcase, which have several fictional books on the shelves and several boxes on the top of the bookcase. "These books... and boxes?" Jiyeon mumbled softly. 

"Ahhh... those books are some of mine. I had too many books in my bookshelf in my room, so I moved in some for you. And this room is actually... my lost sister's one." Myungsoo said as his voice slowly started to be monotone.

Jiyeon looked at him as he saw Myungsoo lowering his head down. His eyes are all watery and teary. Jiyeon's heart beat and hurt for him as she went over and patted on his back, "I'm sorry. but those pansies are nice." Jiyeon said as she changed the topic.

Myungsoo looked at it and smiled, "They're my sister's favourite flowers. I always doll this room up with pansies. But anyway, I'm entrusting you with her room now. But don't worry, I've changed the pillows and bed linens and stuff for you. All her belongings are already removed and stored in the store-room.

Jiyeon looked at him worriedly and asked, "How much is the rent here? Can I owe you the rent for now? I'll find myself a job and repay you really soon."

Myungsoo patted her head gently and replied, "You can always pay me back the rent next time. Just work for me, alright? I own a cafe below my house. The cafe is two stories high and is beautiful. You'll surely love working here and the working environment's really good." 

Jiyeon nodded her head. "I really must thank you for giving me a room to stay, those clothes... I promise I'll also pay you back for the clothes. How much did those clothes cost you?" Jiyeon asked panickly.

Myungsoo gripped onto her hands tightly and stare into her eyes deeply. "Pay me back later, all these aren't important. What's more important is that I saved someone, I saved a girl from her death-like life." He said as he pulled her into a warm hug. 

"I don't know why... But I feel sad for you." Myungsoo said.

Jiyeon was caught aback from his actions as her eyes widened in shock. She struggled away from the hug as she moved backwards, away from Myungsoo. Being astonished by his words, she remained silent and turned her head away from him. Myungsoo knew she was not used to him, and she did not have that faith in him yet, he then nodded his head and went out of the room silently.

 

She was all alone in the room as she sat onto the bed as her hands were caressing the soft blanket. Her eyes rolled towards the pink and black pillows on the bed as she gently touched onto them. "Thank you... Kim Myungsoo-sshi." She slowly muttered to herself as her eyes went roaming around the room again, roaming in awe.

 

 

[ 2:30p.m. In the Dela Rosa Cafe ]

 

Myungsoo swung the doors wide, greeting Jiyeon with his warm lively cafe. The cafe was brightly coloured, the wallpapers were all in bright colours, the table are all funkily shaped, coloured with bright neon colours. The baristas are all busily working in preparing coffees, teas and the drinks for the customers. 

The cafe was bustling with customers. There were elderly, children, families, teenagers and couples all around. Bright smiles hung on their faces as they chat amongst themselves excitedly while sipping onto their drinks. The fresh aroma of the coffee beans filled the room and penetrated Jiyeon's nostrils. She sniffed and sniffed.

It's been a long time she's been into cafes and such posh areas. She gently touched onto the finished touch of the walls as she smiled sheepishly. The walls are so smooth. She feel like a complete stranger in the cafe. People were staring at her, with those questionable eyes and glances. 

Jiyeon felt insecure as she tugged onto Myungsoo's shoulders tightly. Myungsoo chuckled as he brought her to every inch of the cafe. They went from the entrance to the various seats, tables, to the VIP rooms, and to the table of condiments and cutleries. He then brought her to the bar as Jiyeon sat on one of the chairs.

Suddenly, a brown-haired tall man appeared infront of her. He is young, probably in his early twenties. He had a neat long hair (for a guy) as he was wearing an apron. He has a wide smile on his face, showing his gums out as he said, "Hyung, this girl... Who is this girl?" 

Myungsoo sat beside her and replied, "Park Jiyeon-sshi, this is Sungyeol, Sungyeol this is Park Jiyeon." Jiyeon nodded her head as she accept his handshake and shook his hands slowly. 

"Sungyeol is the barista of this cafe. We both work here, it just happens that my off day is today and he works today. We share this alternate workshift. So he works today, his off is tomorrow while my off is today and I work tomorrow, vice versa." Myungsoo said. He then continued on, saying, "We share this cafe together, the other people around him are just those extra staffs and baristas. As you know, we cant possibly handle a cafe on our own~" Myungsoo said as he let off a huge laugh.

Jiyeon smiled at him and nodded her head.

Sungyeol place a cup of fresh americano on the bar, infront of Jiyeon. Jiyeon stare at him blankly as she took a closer took at the coffee. She studied it questionably as Sungyeol began waving his hands at her. Snapping out of her curiosity, he said, "This is americano. Try it - only Sungyeol brews the best americano here." 

"Yah, I brew nice americano too." Myungsoo said as he hit his arm playfully. 

"Whatever hyung." Sungyeol said.

Jiyeon took a sip on the americano. The aromatic smell of the coffee filled as it appealed to her tastebuds. She nodded her head in satisfaction as she grabbed onto Myungsoo's arms and cried out, "This coffee is nice~" 

Myungsoo smiled and ruffled her hair. 

"Hyung, lets have a talk." Sungyeol said as he pulled Myungsoo out to a corner of the cafe.

 

"Hyung... you seriously want to take her in? That'd cost some money you know? It's like raising a girlfriend." Sungyeol said. 

Myungsoo smirked and nodded his head. "Once I decided on something, I'd never stop. Isn't that the motto of my life? I decided to help this poor lonely girl, and I will help her until she gets fully recovered. Until its time to let her go." Myungsoo said as he looked at Jiyeon, who was far away from them, sipping on her americano at the bardesk.

"You like her?" Sungyeol said.

Myungsoo turned back to him and replied, "I don't like her. You know that I don't like being in relationships. Correction, I detest being in relationship." He then added on, "I took her in because she was pitiful. I don't want a girl like her to ruin her life in such way. You know she looked so horrible yesterday, she smells really bad, she's so dirty and she had nowhere to go. Her life was so meaningless. How could I let someone just rot to death like this? I couldn't just stand around and see her rot to death, I can't." 

"You know you have to spend so much money? Yah, you know you asked me to buy all those clothes caused a million, yah, 560,000 won you know! 560,000 won simply on clothes, just on her, a stranger?" Sungyeol said.

"I know that...." Myungsoo said until Sungyeol turned his head and his eyes widened in shock.

Myungsoo looked at him and raised his brows. He turned around to see Jiyeon, standing behind them, staring at them as she bit her lips. A tear rolled down her cheeks. 

 


Here's an update! Please enjoy! I'll try to update later on, just for you guys and my subscribersss!

If there's more subscribers, I promise to add some more chapters for this weekend!~ Thats a promise from me~~ :)))

So don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE !

 

- Authornim