Thirteen

The Hurtful Past

{ Star of my Life }

 

[ 10:00a.m. Next day, in Myungsoo's Home ]

 

Jiyeon woke up from her deep slumber as she turned to see herself lying on Myungsoo's lap. She immediately stood up from the seat as she looked at Myungsoo and bit her lips nervously. She scratched the back of her neck nervously as she slowly stood up from the sofa, intending to go prepare for work, while not disrupting Myungsoo's sleep.

However, it didn't go as smooth as she wanted. Myungsoo gripped onto her wists tightly, pulling and nailing her down on the sofa.

"Myung-Myungsoo!" Jiyeon uttered as her eyes widened in shock as Myungsoo as on top of her on the sofa. 

"Why did you walk away from me? You know I need you so badly..." Myungsoo said, smirking at her. 

Jiyeon gulped. She didn't like this feeling. It felt as if Myungsoo is angry at her, yet it felt as if Myungsoo was playing with her. Jiyeon bit her lips as she rolled her eyes down, avoiding his cold glare. 

"Hey, look up." Myungsoo ordered.

Jiyeon rolled her eyes back to be welcomed by his beautiful warm smile. "I'm just joking with you, but where do you think you're going without me hm?" Myungsoo said.

"I'm just going to prepare for work.." Jiyeon said shyly.

"What?! Go to work? Jiyeonnie~ You got to be kidding me. It's our off day today!" Myungsoo said, while caressing her cheeks.

"But.. Myungsoo, we left work at 12 yesterday and you pushed your duties to Nara! It's kind of irresponsible to still continue our day-off like this." Jiyeon explained as she frowned in guilt.

"Jiyeonnie, listen. I don't care, it's my cafe anything, so listen to my orders arraso? Listen to this handsome, hot, y prince infront of you~" Myungsoo whined, gaining several giggles from Jiyeon.

"See, I got you laughing again. Admit it, I'm one hot y guy." Myungsoo bragged.

Jiyeon smacked his chest and push him on the sofa. "Hey, we'll go out today, date. Date, arraso?" Myungsoo said, grabbing onto her hands and pecking on it playfully.

Jiyeon nodded her head and slip her hands off his grip and skipped happily into the toilet. She slammed the toilet doors shut as she lean against the wooden door. Her heart was fluttering and her heart were beating abnormally fast. It was spring time, and she fell in love with a man. A hot man, she have to admit. Jiyeon's hands went to the position of her heart as she thought of Myungsoo's sweet smile, his beautiful, mesmerising glare and his magnificent face. She then thought of those moments yesterday, all the coaxing and kissing made her heartbeat skip a beat. She sighed as how she wish time would stop forever.

Suddenly, she received a message on the phone. She took the phone out and read:

 

From: Unknown

You know my mom? Ahaha, shall I bring her to see you?

 

Jiyeon gasped in shock as she accidentally dropped the phone onto the ground. The phone crashed onto the ground, disembling the components, causing the cover to jump out of the phone and the battery and the cover scattered all over the ground. Her legs turned weak and started trembling. Her face turned pale as she slowly made her way to the sink and stare blankly at the mirror reflection of her.

She bit her lips as her breaths turned heavy. She breathed in and out hardly as she picked up the phone, putting back the battery in and the phone again. More texts were seen. She closed her eyes and tried to get the wild thoughts off her head. In the next second, she read the messages which made her jaws left hanging open in fear.

 

From: Unknown

Haha, why aren't you replying? Didn't you used to socialize well with me, your HUSBAND?


Jiyeon bit her lips. She turned off the phone and slot it back into the pockets. She stare at her reflection for another second as she began brushing her teeth. Things did not go well for her. Her hand was shaking nervously, making it hard for her to put the toothpaste on the toothbrush. Secondly, her hands were trembling still, making her brushing of teeth jagged and rough. 

Making up was also not a rocket science for her as she could not swiftly brush her face as usual. She threw the blush on the table as she removed the makeup with the makeup remover lotion. She stare at her reflection on the mirror and let off a dreadful sigh. 

Feeling anxious about Kris' revenge, she made her way out to the living room to see Myungsoo all dressed well for the date. Myungsoo caught attention of her as he gave her a warm welcoming smile. Jiyeon replied with a small smile as she sat beside Myungsoo with her small bag beside her. 

"You're done already? Wow, I thought you'd take longer." Myungsoo .

Jiyeon did not reply to him but just gave him back a faint smile. 

"You didn't make up today?" Myungsoo asked.

Jiyeon shook her head as she gripped onto her dress tightly.

Myungsoo saw through her as he held onto her hand tightly. "Jiyeon, tell me what happened. Did Kris do something to you again? Did he text or call you?" Myungsoo questioned her.

Jiyeon lowered her head in embarrassment as she slowly pushed her phone to her hand. Myungsoo took it and turned the phone on, and scrolled down the messages. His eyes caught attention of the 2 messages sent by an unknown number. He got infuriated upon reading the message as he slammed his fist hard onto the soft couch. 

"Dang that 's ing again!" Myungsoo cursed under his breath.

Jiyeon tugged onto his shoulders as she frowned deeply, saying to him, "Myungsoo, don't do anything to him. I don't want you to be in danger. I don't even want your life to be affected because of my hurtful past." Jiyeon pleaded him again and again.

Finally, she got the approval of Myungsoo as Myungsoo nodded his head in defeat.

 

 

[ 1:00p.m. In Hongdae, a famous expensive boutique store ]

 

"Whats wrong Kris-ah?" His mother said as her eyes were busy focusing on the beautiful crafted dresses on the display. She flipped across several dresses as she took another step to the next display, admiring the bags and purses displayed neatly on the shop shelves. "There's probably something in your mind whenever you asked me to go out for shopping." The mother added on, as her eyes are still stuck on the beautiful leopard-print handbag.

"Omma, you know Jiyeon?" Kris said.

"What about that wrench?" The mom said, infuriated by her name. 

"She's back. I found her already. I thought sending her away to the ion will do you and me good, but she seemed to enjoy her life now. I can't let it happen." Kris said.

"Kris-ah, good to know you had that in your mind. What's your plan anyway?" The mother said, with her eyes focusing on the beautiful clothes display infront of her.

"I plan to get money off her first. We need money to strengthen ourselves right." Kris said as he walked towards her mom, standing beside her as his hands were in his pocket, smirking.

"Kris, nice idea. Stop at there and let me do the rest." The mother said as she threw the dresses to the sales assistant. "I'll try that piece please." She said as she raised her chin in ignorance.

"Arraso." Kris mumbled in reply.

 

Meanwhile, along the streets of Hongdae, Jiyeon and Myungsoo was strolling along the sidewalks as their hands were interlocked with each other. "Jiyeon-ah, don't worry about it anymore. Forget about it and enjoy our date~" Myungsoo said melodiously as he held onto her hands firmly. 

Jiyeon smiled and nodded her head sheepishly as both of them went closer to each other, as their arms touched each other. Myungsoo flashed a grin, as well as Jiyeon whose lips curled up in delight. 

"Omo, dukkbokki~" Jiyeon screamed as she pulled Myungsoo into the food cart. The stall owner greeted them welcomingly as Jiyeon ordered a serving of dukkbokki.

A plate of steaming hot red spicy rice cakes landed infront of them, on the small side table as they sat down and slowly nibbled on the mouth-watering pieces of rice cakes. 

Jiyeon was blowing at the rice cakes, trying to cool it as she placed it into the mouth slowly. She savoured the juices and the sauce of the rice cake. The spicy hotness of the rice cake intruded the mouth, and the steam hot air was let out with a huff by Jiyeon. Jiyeon squealed in excitement as she nibbled onto more of the rice cake.

"Yah, are you really that hungry?" Myungsoo said.

"Ne..." Jiyeon said. With full, she picked up another rice cake and stuff it into . She chewed and chewed as the sauce were all over her lips. 

"Ahhh, you can't eat properly." Myungsoo commented as he leaned towards her and wiped the sauce off her lips. Both of them soon froze on the spot as Jiyeon stare at Myungsoo awkwardly.

Myungsoo pulled away from her and forced a cough out. "Umm... ahjumma, one more bowl please~" Myungsoo ordered.

Jiyeon shook his arms as she stare at him questionably. "Why?" She asked.

"'Cos you eat alot." Myungsoo replied, ruffling her hair playfully, gaining a bright smile from her.

*That was an awkward feeling..* Myungsoo thought as he bit his lips. 

Soon, after their rice cake meal, both of them set out for another stroll along the bustling street. They strolled over several metres, and only silence befallen between them. 

"Oh my, Park Jiyeon." A lady cried out.

"Ah... ommo-nim." Jiyeon slowly mumbled as her eyes widened upon seeing the lady infront of her.

 

 

[ 3:00p.m. In a Posh Cafe, Hongdae ]

 

"You still look as pretty as before, om, ommo-nim." Jiyeon said as she gently took a sip on her coffee.

"You're still that shy and innocent girl, hm? I thought you'd change, I guess not." The mother said, raising her brows. She then smirked, and added on, "I guess the leopard will never change its spots, hm?" 

"Aha... Ommo-nim, you have a good sense of humour." Jiyeon said, forcing a wide smile at her.

"I guess not." The mother said, giving her a stern glare. 

Jiyeon forced another smile as her eyes travelled across the table, and wandered around the cafe aimlessly, trying to avoid her glaze. "Park Jiyeon-sshi, I'm sure you know you did something grave to our family right?" The mother said, smirking again.

"Then... you got my husband into jail. My son, is so depressed over it, our family went bankrupt, our house was mortaged by the banks and the local government. Our bank accounts were frozen, our assets are manipulated by the government. Actually, our lives were all ruined. Because of you. You, were lucky to be sold to a ion house. But it seemed your luck changed for the best after leaving our house hm?" The mother said as her eyes nailed at the piece of ring Myungsoo had bought for her.

"That ring... never seen it before. I'm sure its that pretty boy over there's gift for you? You two... hmmm dating already?" The mother guessed, raising her brows.

"ah, ommo-nim. Ne.." Jiyeon said, swallowing .

"Swallow your pride, Jiyeon-sshi. If I were you, I'd swallow my pride straight away. So, you think your luck has really changed for the good? Hm, Jiyeon-sshi, you're committing adultery now, Jiyeon-sshi. You can get divorced by my son, and pay some lefty sum of fees for us as compensation. I'm sure you are aware of that?" The mother said.

Jiyeon bit her lips, as she grabbed onto the edge of the armchair. Her heart was boiling with fury, she was sure she had not committed adultery, after all her son had treated her so badly before. It's upright for her to find someone better, isn't it? Her eyes shot daggers as she stare at her. Her breath became heavy and lengthy, as she tried to control the anger in her.

Kris' mother smirked as she pinned her down with her death glares. "Miss Jiyeon-sshi, are you alright?" She .

Jiyeon did not reply her at all, but stare at her with eyes full of spite and hate.

 

"So... you and Jiyeon, are dating?" Kris said, sitting across Myungsoo on the table.

"Mmm." Myungsoo said, nodding his head.

"You son of a , you are messing with my wife, hm?" Kris hissed at him, as he clenched his teeth ferociously.

" please, you are messing with your ex-wife, your ex-wife deserves someone better than you, its upright for me to date her and protect her from your wrath. It's justified, and I ain't committing any adultery." Myungsoo replied back rudely as he stood from the seat. 

He wanted to pull Jiyeon out from the cafe, and run away from the two ferocious related beasts. He stood up and could see Jiyeon, tugging onto the edge of the armchair, as her eyes were wide and staring at Kris' mother with full of hatred. She was clenching her teeth forcefully as Kris mother simply looked at her, smirking continuously. 

"You're comitting adultery. I can sue you in the court, I'm sure you know lawyer fees are kind.. of expensive... hm?" Kris' mother said.

"Whatever, I am willing to do anything just to prove you wrong and put you two ferocious human beings behind the bars!" Jiyeon exclaimed as she slammed onto the table hard, with her mighty fist.

"Oh really, behave yourself also Jiyeon-sshi. You wouldn't like to see how the people would gossip on you in the internet when you got onto the coverpage for the newspaper tomorrow. And... ask your boyfriend to hire a lawyer that would have the ability to defend you from committing adultery." Kris' mother instructed, smirking non-stop.

 

"You got it wrong. She's not committing any adultery or whatever. She is dating me, its morally wrong. But, logically and lawfully, its an upright thing to do." Myungsoo cried from behind.

Jiyeon turned around as her eyes turned watery. Her eyes hinted a sense of hope as Myungsoo dashed to her and grabbed onto her hands tightly. "If it weren't for your son, hurting, torturing and tormenting her every single day of her life, she wouldn't have found me. If your son didn't SEND HER TO THE ION HOUSE SO HE COULD EARN SOME MONEY OUT FROM THAT, she wouldn't have found me. I found her and we dated so that I can protect her and give her a happy life. Isn't it a logical thing to do? She date me because simply your son doesn't return love to her. Is this adultery then?!" Myungsoo yelled at her as he pulled Jiyeon out of the cafe, leaving the two speechless.

 

"Gomawo... Myungsoo.." Jiyeon said as Myungsoo soon stopped infront of a convenience store after pulling her out and travelling over several metres. 

"It's alright, I'm here to protect you anyway." Myungsoo commented, her hair and pulling her in for a warm embrace.

 


I'msotiredtoupdate. ;(

- Authornim