Four

The Hurtful Past

{ My Life Returns }

 

[ 9:00p.m. next day, in Myungsoo's House ]

 

The strong sun rays penetrated through the glass windows as it struck Jiyeon's eyes. The discomfort of the sunlight woken Jiyeon up from her deep sleep as she rubbed her eyes dreamily. She turned her head around to be greeted by a sleeping figure beside her. It was Myungsoo. Jiyeon suddenly recalled what happened yesterday night.

They were having a heart-to-heart talk until Jiyeon broke into tears and Myungsoo pulled her in for a hug. Both of them remained in the embrace the entire night until Jiyeon fell asleep on his shoulder. 

Jiyeon shook her head and ruffled her hair in distress as she bit her lips and glanced at the clock. It was already 10 minutes past 9 in the morning. *I need to go work...* Jiyeon thought as she began nudging Myungsoo's shoulders panickly.

Myungsoo groaned and groaned as he pulled his body away from the back of the sofa as he yawned loudly and gave a puzzled look at Jiyeon. "Mmm... Wae?" He asked in a low tone.

"Ummm, Myungsoo-sshi. Its around 9:10a.m.. Do we need to go work? I think we better prepare now." Jiyeon said shyly. 

Myungsoo gave her a warm smile in reply and nodded his head. "You go use the bathroom first... Let me rest for a while." Myungsoo said. 

Jiyeon looked at him and nodded her head as she hurriedly went into the toilet. She slammed the toilet door shut as she lean on the door and bit her lips nervously. *Ahhh... what did I do yesterday? I should have pulled away from the hug and just sleep in my room!* Jiyeon thought as she hit her head in distress. *Argh, now I feel as if we're dating or what...* Jiyeon thought again as she groaned in regret.

 

"Are you ready?" Myungsoo shouted in the living room. Jiyeon hurriedly went out, with her hair all tied up, her face dolled up with some simple cosmetics.

Her face looked pure and fresh. Her eyes did not have any extreme make-up or eyeliner. Her eyes was all bright and beautiful, her eyelashes was naturally curled up, naturally long. Her face was smooth and clean, her lips was perky and pink in colour. Her face was all natural and fresh. Myungsoo was admiring her face until Jiyeon snapped him out of his confusion as she waved her hands at him.

"Myungsoo-sshi... are you alright?" Jiyeon asked. 

Myungsoo nodded his head as he went to bring Jiyeon downstairs to the cafe.

 

Myungsoo brought her to the various places in the cafe. The first place he brought was the coffee bar. The coffee bar was filled with various sophiscated machinery and coffee machines. Myungsoo opened the various drawers which consists of jars of different types of coffee beans, round ones, oval ones or some funky-shaped ones. On the other side of the bar were all the iced drinks, there are mixers, milks, various seasonings and flavourings contained in bottles and glasses. 

Myungsoo taught her the recipes and the various methods in preparing the drinks for two consecutive hours. Jiyeon was eagerly learning and listening to his lesson with much attention as she jot some notes down on pieces of paper.

"You get it?" Myungsoo asked Jiyeon.

Jiyeon nodded her head and smiled. "Ne, I guess so." She replied as Myungsoo handled her the coffee beans. 

"Now you'll try it." Myungsoo said. 

Jiyeon bit her lips as her hands were shaking in nervousness. She poured the beans into the grinder, grinding it and pouring it into the coffee maker and punch in several buttons, which made the coffee maker set on brewing the coffee. Jiyeon screamed in excitement as she saw coffee coming out from the machine, however Myungsoo gasped and hurriedly placed a cup at the receiver.

"Yah, you must put a cup there, or else you're wasting the coffee!" Myungsoo yelled as he took a huge deep breath.

Jiyeon's mouth were hanging wide after Myungsoo's act as she big her lips and bowed at Myungsoo repeatedly in apology. "Mianhe... I'll try my best to remember it." She said as she place the cup of coffee on the bar. 

Myungsoo took a sip on the coffee and stare at Jiyeon with an expressionless face.

Jiyeon bit her lips and asked, "Is it... too horrible?" 

Myungsoo coughed a little and replied, "Umm.. the coffee isn't grinded properly... As barista, you have to make sure the coffee beans are fully grinded. If not, it would result in the un-uniformity of the coffee. Meaning the coffee wouldn't be as smooth as what an ideal coffee would be." 

Jiyeon nodded her head obediently and began grinding coffee beans again. This time, she grinded the coffee beans with much caution and care. She examined the coffee grains carefully before she put them into the coffee maker. The coffee was then brewed and after numerous of attempts, the method Jiyeon used to brew coffee was much more clearer and much more smoother.

She placed the 4th cup of coffee on the table as she looked at Myungsoo with much eager and excitement. "Please try it, Myungsoo-sshi." She pleaded with those worried eyes.

Myungsoo smirked and took a sip on the coffee.

His face was lit up with a bright smile as he nodded his head profusely. "This... is great! Jiyeon, you've improved a lot from your first time. I'm glad you made some decent coffee!" Myungsoo commented as he raised the cup up and cheered for Jiyeon.

Jiyeon broke into laughter as she was wearing a bright wide smile on her. Myungsoo glanced deep into her eyes. Her eyes meant excitement. She was really happy at that moment as Myungsoo continue staring her quietly.

Jiyeon's eyes met with Myungsoo as she suddenly felt a tinge of nervousness in her. She bit her lips and slowly said, "My-Myungsoo-sshi... wae?" 

Myungsoo smiled at her and replied, "Jiyeon-sshi... I think your smile is very beautiful. It got be bewildered. You should smile more often. It looks so great on you."

Jiyeon could feel her cheeks burning up in embarrassment as she nodded her head and thanked him continuously. Knowing she was already blushing terribly, she excused herself to the bathroom. 

"This.. girl... she's really beautiful like this." Myungsoo muttered to himself as he chuckled upon reminiscing her smile.

 

 

[ 10:12p.m. In the Dela Rosa Cafe ]

 

Jiyeon was busy cleaning the cups and glasses on the sink, as she and Myungsoo were the only ones remaining in the cafe. The cafe already had the lights turned partially off. The whole cafe was dim, and Myungsoo and Jiyeon was busy preparing the cafe for closing. Myungsoo had his eyes stuck on the computer screen, while he was busy counting the cash notes in the cash drawer.

"Myungsoo-sshi. I'm done with the cups and glasses." Jiyeon said as she placed them neatly on the shelves. 

Myungsoo nodded his head as he closed the cash drawer and place the cash notes in a safety bag as he deposited them into the cafe's safe box. "Okay, I'm done too. Let's go." Myungsoo said.

Both of them went out of the cafe and Myungsoo locked the cafe doors shut. Jiyeon was about to go upstairs, back to the home but Myungsoo grabbed her hand, "You sure you are going back home? Aren't you hungry?" Myungsoo said as he raised his brows in curiosity.

Jiyeon faked a smile and nodded her head, "O..-O-Okay... Let's go eat then" Jiyeon said as Myungsoo held her hands tightly and crossed the road. 

Jiyeon had her eyes stuck onto Myungsoo's hands who was interlocked with hers. She looked at Myungsoo again. He seemed relaxed, and fine with it. Jiyeon bit her lips as she felt the same feeling again. She tighten the grip as they cross the road and landed infront of a barbecue bar. 

"Wanna eat some meat?" Myungsoo said as he gave her a warm smile.

Jiyeon, feeling heartened by the smile, slightly nodded her head as both of them entered the barbecue bar. 

"Annyeonghaseyo.." Myungsoo greeted. "Table for two please" Myungsoo said as the waitress brought them to a table beside the window. Myungsoo pulled the chair out for Jiyeon and Jiyeon smiled and accepted the chair.

Both of them were seated and Myungsoo gave his orders to the waitress.

 

"Have you ever eaten barbecued meat?" Myungsoo asked curiously as the waitress came with plates and plates of side dishes. 

After laying the table with the various slidedishes, she placed two big plates of meat. One plate consisted of pork, while the other plate consisted of beef. Jiyeon's eyes widened in awe upon the two plates as she her lips in anticipation. 

Myungsoo chuckled upon seeing Jiyeon's face as he placed the pieces of pork onto the grill. "I'll help you grill the meat. You just concentrate on eating, arraso?" Myungsoo said as Jiyeon nodded her head. 

Myungsoo grilled the pork as he was smiling throughout the grilling process. He then picked up a piece of pork with his chopsticks and place it infront of Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon stare at it in curiousity while Myungsoo said, "Come on, eat it, open your mouth~" 

Jiyeon bit her lips again and nodded her head silently. She slightly let open and lean towards the chopsticks and accepted the pork. 

"Does it taste good?" Myungsoo said, smiling widely.

"Ne..." Jiyeon uttered in reply as she forced a small smile.

They ate their dinner, just like that. Myungsoo feeding her with pieces of pork, as she ate her rice with the various side dishes. 

 

"Ahhh~ What a nice dinner. A Nice dinner should always be accompanied by a short walk along the street, just like that~" Myungsoo sang melodiously as he walked closely beside Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon looked at him shyly and nodded her head in agreement. 

"Jiyeon-ah... you don't really talk much, do you?" Myungsoo suddenly asked. Jiyeon looked at him and smiled in reply. 

"Or maybe... you're still nervous with me?" Myungsoo said as he pouted. He let off a sigh and added on, "It's been 2 days... 2 days, you're still being shy and not used to me? Am I really that ugly or hard-to-be-with?" 

Jiyeon looked at him with wide, shocked eyes as she shook her head repeatedly, "Ani.-Ani. It's just that I suffered so much... and I am just too shy to you. Because, I somehow lost myself when I was suffering in that alleyway." Jiyeon blurted it all out.

Myungsoo looked at her again, deep into her eyes and ruffled her hair. "It's alright. I understand you." He said.

 

Suddenly, it began pouring as Myungsoo hurriedly wrapped his arms around Jiyeon's shoulders as he pulled Jiyeon into a shelter, infront of a music store. The music store was closed though. Raindrops fell down and hit the pavement hardly as it repeatedly fell, producing loud noises. The rain was pouring heavily at then as both of them stare at the sudden rain in amaze.

"Wah~ It just rained like this." Myungsoo commented as he still had his arms wrapped around her shoulders.

Jiyeon remained silent as her eyes slowly shifted to his arms, who was still resting on her shoulders comfortably. Her legs started shivering in nervousness as she slowly turned around and glared at Myungsoo.

Myungsoo lowered his head as his eyes met with hers. He then figured it all out and removed his arms. Both of them soon went back to that awkward atmosphere again.

Both of them remained silent. It remained silent throughout the rain with both Myungsoo and Jiyeon making secret glances to each other.

 


 

Here's the update of the day!~
Enjoy and don't forget to share your opinions on this with me!~

And please continue to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE !

Authornim