Twelve

The Hurtful Past

{ Bottled-Up Feelings }

 

[ 7:00p.m. In Myungsoo's Home ]

 

With her crumpled blouse, Jiyeon dragged her feet back into the house as she placed the plastic bag of cans of bottles and drinks onto the kitchen counter. She uttered no word upon her return as she obediently placed the drinks and bottles and cans into the refrigerator as she had her eyes stuck down. Her head was slanted downwards as the house begin to stumble into a deep awkward silence.

IU and Sungyeol exchanged glances as they worriedly made some secret glances at Jiyeon, which was busy storing the cans and bottles into the refrigerator. 

Mustering all the courage, Myungsoo broke the silence and asked, "Are you okay, Jiyeon? You seemed to be troubled.." 

Jiyeon did not reply him. Myungsoo asked again as he nudged her shoulders. Jiyeon stood up as she widened her eyes at Myungsoo. She stare at him blankly and asked, "Ah... ne?" 

"You aren't feeling well, aren't you?" Myungsoo guessed as he squinted his eyes and stare at her suspiciously.

"Ani. I'm feeling alright. The dinner's ready right, Jieunnie?" Jiyeon said as she turned her head away from him and walked towards Jieun, as both of them prepared the dishes together.

Myungsoo stare at her as it struck his mind. *She's not feeling well and she's wearing that fake mask of hers.* Myungsoo thought as he smirked at himself. 

 

Dinner was then served and the meal went by in a breeze. The dinner was silent as IU tried to struck a conversation between them, but the efforts were fruitless as the conversation ended within a split second. There were several circumstances were there was totally no chattering between them, just the sounds of their mumbling and the clacking sounds of the chopsticks and spoons on the edge of the bowls. 

Throughout the dinner, silence had stumbled across the dining table as Myungsoo was deep in his thoughts. Jiyeon, too had her mind out of the dinner. She was thinking about her ex-husband. The accidental meeting with the man behind her hurtful past. A tear befalled her eyes as she hurriedly wiped it with her hands away. She buried her head in her chest as she hurriedly picked up the grains of rice and stuff it into .

After the dinner, Jiyeon cooped herself in her room. She took a seat on the bed as she wiggled her toes. Flashbacks of the accidental meeting struck her mind again. His hands, his facial features, his death glances, his fierce looking eyebrows bewitched her as she screamed quietly. Tears came rumbling down her eyes as she covered herself under the blanket.

Not knowing about her, Myungsoo was in the living room sitting on the couch with Sungyeol and IU as both of them were muttering amongst themselves. 

"Myungsoo-sshi." IU called.

"Something's amiss about Jiyeon. She's never like that. She was bubbly before she even went out to buy drinks right?" IU said as she furrowed her eyebrows and let off a sigh. "Shall I talk to her about it, well since I'm her chingu." IU added on.

Myungsoo nodded his head as IU stood up. Sungyeol followed suit but to be returned with stern glares. "Why are you getting up, you aren't even close to her you pscyopath." IU yelled as she pushed him down and went into Jiyeon's room.

 

"Jiyeon-ah." IU said as she gently push the door open to see Jiyeon in the state of depress. She was all curled up on the bed as she was sobbing quietly between the bed sheets and the blanket. She clenched her fists tightly as it gripped onto the bed sheets tightly as her head was buried in between her legs.

Silence landed between them as IU gently tip-toed towards her and sat beside her. She wrapped her arms around Jiyeon's shoulders as she slowly pushed Jiyeon towards her. Jiyeon, followed by her actions, wrapping her arms around her waist. She was crying really badly, her eyes were shut tightly as tears came tumbling down her eyes.

IU frowned upon seeing her. Her cries itched her heart, as she patted on her back calmly. She remained quiet, and let Jiyeon cry her soul out. It was until 5 minutes after when the crying became to subside. Jiyeon gripped harder on IU's blouse as she was sniffing repeatedly. Feeling comforted by IU's warm embrace, she tightened the hug.

"Jiyeonnie... Gwenchana? You aren't feeling well aren't you? Is something troubling you?" IU slowly muttered into her ears.

"He's back..." Jiyeon replied back weakly.

Her tone was fading as her voice was clearly unstable. She was sniffing so hardly that she could barely talk to her in a calm state of mind. "He's back, he's gonna torture me again. My hurtful past will be back. I will be hurt again. He'll.. He'll kill me this time!!" Jiyeon said, her voice slightly became louder and louder with each word.

"Who? Your... could it be, Kris?" IU said as she gasped in shock.

"Ne... I saw him just now after I made my exit out of the convenience store. He wants money. He wants some money. He probably will look up for me again. He knows I live around this district now!" Jiyeon said. 

"But, how could he even be here? Argh, why is god playing tricks on you? Why does he want you to meet him accidentally?!" IU said as she grumbled furiously. She gritted her teeth infuriously as she patted onto Jiyeon's back hardly.

"Jiyeon. Don't worry, I'll help you overcome this. All you have to do is to share your burden with you. I'll help you defeat this monster of yours. So don't get afraid of him, stand up against him." IU said.

Jiyeon hesitated as she bit her lips nervously. She furrowed her eyebrows as her eyes rolled down and she let off a dreadful sigh. IU looked at her but felt a tinge of sadness in her heart. She pulled her in for another hug and patted her back gently again. She gently caressed her friend's hair as she was playing in between the strands of her hair.

"Jiyeonnie... Don't worry. He'll not hurt you. I'm here to protect you, remember? I'm your friend, so if he dare to lay a finger on any inch of your body, he'll really get it from me." IU said. 

"And me, too." A voice echoed into the room.

Pulling away from the embrace, both of them turned around to see Myungsoo standing at the door, smirking at them. "How could you not tell me about this, Jiyeon." Myungsoo said.

"But now you know it." Jiyeon mumbled softly.

Myungsoo smirked as he inched forward and ruffled her hair playfully. He let off his warmest and sweetest smile as he bent down and stare Jiyeon deep into her eyes. "Don't cry, you look ugly like this. Where's your beautiful eyes that have fluttered my heart? You know, you should always let me know anything. I will always stand beside you, won't I? I'm your namja, isn't it?" Myungsoo said.

 

 

[ Next day, 12:25p.m. in Dela Rosa Cafe ]

 

It was one week ever since Jiyeon met his ex-husband. Everything has been going well, Jiyeon's mind at ease and she was much more relaxed and less troubled about his ex-husband. Her life was going well, she got along with Myungsoo very well. Their relationship has improved, no doubt, but though there were several instances of awkwardness between them. 

To sum up, its been a month of meeting him and life have given her the greatest gift one could ever preach, a great partner. Myungsoo treated her well, and she enjoyed the moments spent with him. It was sweet, though it might get bittersweet occassionally. Lady luck had been following her through this month, she found a great man, someone that cared for her, she found a job, she got a stable income each month, she is finally able to live her life to the fullest.

Jiyeon was busy cleaning the cups with the ragged cloth as she was diligently scrubbing each end of corner of the cup. Having her eyes fixed onto the cup, she cleaned it diligently, not aware of the customer entering in the cafe.

"Annyeonghaseyo, would you like a seat sir?" Myungsoo greeted with a bow. 

The customer smirked as his eyes rolled to Jiyeon. He nodded his head as Myungsoo guided him to a table, a table that was several metres away from the coffee bar. "Please take a look at the menu and our staff will come and serve you real soon. Have a nice day." Myungsoo said as he gave him another respectful bow and walked away.

The customer, instead of paying attention on the menu, had his eyes on Jiyeon. He stare at her figure. Slim, tall, beautiful. Those features were memorable in his mind as he continue to have his eyes on her.

Jiyeon placed the final cup onto the tray as she placed it on the shelves. Finishing her job, she washed her hairs thoroughly.

That sight brought back memories in the man as he smirked. "Hmm, you're still so thoughtful in everything you do..." The man whispered to himself, as he smirked.

He snapped his fingers, gaining Jiyeon's attention. Jiyeon turned around, her eyes widened in shock of the man infront of her. Kris. Kris was sitting on the table as he made a hand gesture, getting Jiyeon to come here.

Jiyeon bit her lips as her legs began to tremble in fear. Her legs hesitated to move forward, but the stern glare on Kris face forced her to do so. She inched slowly towards him as her heart was throbbing in pain. She was feeling really nervous, she clenched her fists as within seconds, she stood infront of him, the devil of her life.

 

"Why are... you you here?" Jiyeon stuttered.

"Money?" He said.

"You know I need money right. Once a gambler, always a gambler." 

"I don't have any money left. You got all the money I've got that time. Aren't you even contended with it?" Jiyeon said. 

"Take a sit first, yeobo." Kris said, smirking.

Jiyeon sighed as she took a sit across him. The sight of her sitting with a stranger struck Myungsoo's mind as he was busy looking at them. Wild thoughts came into his mind. Could it be this is the ex-husband of Jiyeon? Why is he here? What does he want from her? 

Not wanting to be rash with his actions, he stood still, standing at the coffee bar as he secretly made some glances at them.

 

"You know, my family was declared bankrupt because of you right. You and your stupid values. Who needs to have integrity in their life? Good people are too mainstream. And anyway, its not like my dad is doing anything that will kill anyone. He's just manipulating the market, what's wrong with it? You pushed me to it. So you're the cause of your misfortune." Kris explained, while smirking evily at her.

His smirk infuriated Myungsoo as he gritted his teeth and clenched his fists. *What the does he want with her?* Myungsoo thought as he stood there motionlessly.

"I.. I can't help myself from doing it. I can't let myself lie all this while, I cant even live in a family that does black market business etc. I can't just sit there and do nothing." Jiyeon said.

"You know, if you didn't do that, we can still live happily, like before..." Kris muttered.

"I..I.." Jiyeon stuttered but was interrupted by Kris.

"You can feel relieved that my dad's in prison, my mom's at home, depressed and stuff. But, you cannot be relieved as I, will get revenge for my dad. You destroyed my family, you will feel the feeling of having your family destroyed. Oops, I forgot you're just a pathetic orphan." Kris said, letting out a slight laughter. He then cleared his throat as he shot death glares at her, "Don't forget I'm still legally your husband, YEOBO." Kris added on as he stood up and stomped out of the cafe.

Jiyeon gripped onto the edge of the table as she bent down slightly, trying to catch her breath. Anger filled her heart as she bit her lips nervously. She was having mixed feelings, she was angry at Kris, for all the insults and torture he did to her mentally and physically, yet on the other hand she was worried on how he is going to take on her. 

After leaving the household, she did feel a little relaxed, she won't at least be tortured at home again. But now, as the clock ticks away, she began to feel more anxious. Her inner emotions were overflowing. She was overwhelmed with anxiety as she buried her head in her chest. 

"Jiyeon-ah... Gwenchana?" Myungsoo said, standing beside her.

Jiyeon looked up at him as she wrapped her arms around his waist and ducked her head into his tummy as Myungsoo stood there, speechless. 

After a second of confusion, Myungsoo shook her arm slowly. "Jiyeon, umm... customers are seeing, we'll go somewhere else first." Myungsoo said as he brought Jiyeon up to the house.

"Are you alright?" Myungsoo said as he locked the doors and Jiyeon went to grab a seat on the couch. "I'm alright." Jiyeon replied.

"Liar." Myungsoo said as he dialled a number on his phone.

(Yobosaeyo?)

"Ah, Nora-ah, I need to go somewhere, you'll handle the cafe for the rest of the day, arraso, when the time comes I'll go and lock the doors. Arraso? Ne. Gomawoyo" 

 

 

"Why did you push your duties today to her? You need to go work. I can just rest here myself." Jiyeon said.

"No. I can't let you be troubled. Tell me about Kris." Myungsoo said. "What did he tell you?" Myungsoo said, as he got on the floor and grabbed onto her hands gently. 

"He... he wants money to gamble from me. He says he need money." Jiyeon said. She then continued, "He also said he also wanted revenge on me." Jiyeon muttered.

"Why?" Myungsoo asked, shocked by her words.

Jiyeon then explained to him the story - the story of her revealing Kris' Father's black market business, causing the police to arrest his father and put him in the prison. How much suffering did Kris and his mom had and how much Kris had hated her. She then told him about how Kris vent his anger on her, and as a result of the nab, they need to pay compensation, household went bankrupt and had to gamble to gain back the money. However, his addiction in gambling grew and eventually he began to gamble more and more, torturing her more and more, day by day.

"Why didn't you tell me about this earlier? I could have helped you." Myungsoo said.

"I... I just wanted to forget them." Jiyeon explained as Myungsoo caressed her hair and bent towards her and pecked her lips.

"Don't worry, I'll help you with this, didn't I say that too?" Myungsoo said as he stare at her eyes deeply. "Hmm, you're so beautiful." Myungsoo said as he inched forward for another peck on the lips again. 

"Opppa, stop it.." Jiyeon said, blushing.

"Now, didn't I make you happier already? Hm, I shall do more right?" Myungsoo said as he began kissing her passionately. 

Jiyeon tried to struggle but she hesitated in the end. She returned the kiss as both of them kissed passionately. 

"I don't know why, but I'm starting to fall in love with you already. I think I love you~" Myungsoo said, as their forehead touched and their noses met each other.

"I love you too oppa." Jiyeon slowly mumbled to him, feeling his warm breath landing on her lips.


 

OMG SO MUCH FEELS. SO FLUUFFFFFY~ haha here's the long awaited update!~ Sorry guys. 

Continue SUBSCRIBE and COMMENTING!

- Authornim

 

Teaser for next chapter:

"You know you're committing adultery right?"

"I know, but I did it for upright purposes."