Ten

The Hurtful Past

{ Kinship }

 

[ 10:45p.m. In the Seoul National Hospital ]

 

Jiyeon stepped into the hospital ward as she pushed the curtains apart, brightening the room up with the striking sun rays. She squealed in excitement upon the release of the sun rays as she went over to the bed. Myungsoo was sitting on the bed as he slowly placed several stacks of clothes into a medium-sized black bag. 

"You're lucky to stay here for only 4 days. I once stayed in this hospital for two weeks. It was killer." Jiyeon commented as she let off a heavy sigh as she went and glazed at the contents in the bag.

Myungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, as he was caressing his neck, he asked, "Why so? What happened to you?" 

"Let's just say I studied too hard during college." Jiyeon said, while grinning. 

Myungsoo lips curved and smirked at her as he ruffled her hair out of playfulness. He placed a bottle of water and the packages of medicine into the bag as it slung it across his shoulders. He wrapped his arms around her as he wore his shoes. Not letting the hands leave her shoulders, Myungsoo pecked onto her cheeks as he smiled delightfully at her.

Jiyeon smiled back at him as she poked the tip of his nose playfully. "Myungsoo. You're so cute." Jiyeon said shyly.

"Are you still being shy with me?" Myungsoo said. Jiyeon smiled in reply and did not utter anything in reply. Myungsoo pursed his lips as he stare at Jiyeon as his eyes squinted and stare at her suspiciously.

He pointed at her as he gritted his teeth, "You. It's been 3 weeks. How could you be like this? We're even dating already. Are you really still scared of me? Am I that terrifying to you?!" Myungsoo raised his voice.

Jiyeon shook her head as she frowned. "A-Ani... I'm just not used to it. After all, I just escaped from my husband's wrath like 2 months ago." She commented as she sunk her head low, looking onto the ground in guilt.

Myungsoo sighed in relief. "Glad to know that. Don't worry. I'll make sure you leave your burden and your sad memories in this hospital. When we get back home, no more thinking of the past arraso? Your hurtful past needs to be erased. And I'll be the only one to help you." Myungsoo said demandingly as he stared at Jiyeon with his stern, big round eyes.

Jiyeon sticked out her tongue and refuted him, "Jieun's my friend too. She'll help me, so you're wrong." 

Myungsoo widened his eyes as he raised his cheeks as he shot death glances at her. "Yah, I'm in control of you. I control your body and everything because I am your man. I'm the only one to help you, you get it?" Myungsoo reprimanded her, well literally.

Jiyeon smiled and replied, "Ya ya ya my boy." 

 

"Annyeonghaseyo~ Mr Kim, you're fine, are you?" Naeun, his nurse said as she pursed her pink puffy lips at him. She wore a big smile as her eyes curved along with the smile, giving him a pleasurable eye smile. 

Myungsoo nodded his head as he returned her with a soft smile. Naeun began typing onto the computer as she placed another bag of medicine onto the counter top as she disembled them. She laid the various sheets of capsules onto the desk, explaining to him the medicine and its functions. 

All that explanation and lecturing drowned into Myungsoo's ears as his eyes was on the brink of closing as he nodded his head profusely, under the mask of his boredom. He continued to wear a smile, although in his heart, he is getting bored out of all those self-explanatory explanation Naeun was providing him on the medicine.

His eyes rolled back down onto the medicine, staring blankly at the sheets of capsules in which Naeun's pretty pink nails were pointing onto. Her words rang into his ears as he was about to drown his soul into boredom. He stare at her blankly as he let off a sigh unconditionally.

Naeun was held back by his sigh as she bowed at him and smiled sheepishly. "Ah, mianhae Mr Kim. I didn't know you were so bored of my explanatory. I guess I shall proceed with the discharge procedures.." Naeun said as she hurriedly packed the capsules into the bag and had her eyes stuck back at the computer screen as she punched several letters on the keyboard.

Myungsoo forced a smile at her as he placed the bag into the huge black bag on his shoulder. 

Naeun handled him the receipt as Myungsoo returned her with his credit card.

Naeun bowed at him as she went to do the payment. As she did the payment she could feel the heart tingling with happiness. She placed her hand on the position of her heart as she stare at him. Myungsoo's face was vaguely familiar to her. She could feel the closeness in him. His eyes, his mouth, his sharp nose and his mesmerising hair cut lured her attention to him.

With the cut still slotted into the machine and the machine beeping in response. She had her eyes stuck on him as Myungsoo repeatedly snapped his fingers at her. "Miss Naeun...~~" He whistled her name.

Naeun snapped from her thoughts as she pulled the card out and handled him the card with the receipt. "Thank you Mr Kim. It's a pleasure umm umm serving you." Naeun said as her voice was trembling.

Myungsoo smirked and nodded his head and went to interlock his hands with Jiyeon. "Yeobo, lets go~" He said delightfully, gaining several soft punches from Jiyeon.

"I'm not your yeobo." Jiyeon remarked casually.

"You are~" Myungsoo said as he removed his hands and wrapped it around her arms as he pulled her closer to him. Jiyeon smirked as both of them went off cheerfully.

 

Naeun sighed as she stare at Myungsoo's disappearing silhouette. She let off another dreadful sigh as she rest her head on her arms. She was staring at the computer screen blankly as she began reminiscing about Myungsoo. Those delicate features, those beautiful eyes of him. He seemed like someone she should know. Naeun paused and stood there, deep in thoughts as she paid no attention to the person infront of her.

Still in deep thoughts, Naeun sat on the chair as she raised her brows and stare at the computer screen blankly.

"Naeun-ah~" The person said. 

However, Naeun was still in her thoughts. The person called her again, but she did not respond. The person grew impatient as she tapped onto the counter top. Naeun snapped out of the confusion as she took a glance at the person. 

"Ne?" Naeun said until she squealed in excitement, "Omma~" 

"What's wrong with you sweetie? Is there something troubling you?" Her mother said as she placed a bowl of soup container. She twirled the cap and removed it as she place a white bowl on the counter top.

Naeun gasped upon seeing the container of soup as she hurriedly tapped onto her mother's hands as she placed a disgusted look on the container. "Omma. I'm working, I can't possibly drink this now." Naeun commented.

"Just drink it. Isn't it your lunch? It's 1 right? Didn't I asked you about it today? Now drink it." Her mother urged her. 

Naeun took a quick glance at the clock as she took the container and capped it as she pulled her mother to the pantry. 

"Omma, even so. You can't just ask me to drink there, it's the counter! I can't eat anything in the nurse counter or whatever. That counter is solely for services only." Naeun explained as she poured the soup into the white bowl as she started sipping cautiously on the hot, mouth-watering bowl of home-made soup.

She her lips in delight as she drank the bowl of soup within several gulps. Her mother watched after her tenderly as she began Naeun's hair gently as she gently whistle her favourite tune.

"Omma. Gomawo for this soup. It tastes really good." Naeun said.

"Of course it does. I made it with love. But I'm glad you like it." Her mother said. "Omo, my daughter is really doing so well~ Got a nurse job in this hospital and got promoted to senior nurse within a year. I'm really grateful for god for giving such a intelligent and obedient daughter. Aigoooo~" Her mother commented as she gently caressed her shoulder.

Upon hearing the compliment, Naeun blushed as she nodded her head as she placed the cap onto the container as she went to wash the bowl. She came back with her dripping hands as she stuffed the container and the clean bowl into her bag as she patted on her mother's back and pulled her in for a hug. Both of them remained at that position for a second.

As they remained silent, a drop of tear fell out of Naeun's eyes as she slowly mumbled, "Omma... Gomawo for everything. I feel blessed to have such a mom." 

"Aigoooo, stop flattering me. I feel so embarrassed now~" The mother chuckled.

Naeun pulled away from the hug as her mother wiped the tears off her. "No worries Naeun-ah. Your life is gonna be a smooth one. Let mom shower her care for you~" She said as she her hair again.

"Gomawo omma. Then.. oppa...." Naeun suddenly pointed out.

The mother's face frowned upon hearing as she rolled her eyes elsewhere. She let off a fake cough as she stood up and went to pour herself a cup of water. Naeun bit her lips as she stare deep onto the ground again. She said it again. She made her mother speechless again. 

Whenever she wanted to ask about her brother, her mother would always put on a expressionless look. Something tells her that she is unwilling to share information on her brother. She had never seen him before and her mother said the brother had died as he left with her father to somewhere far away. Naeun sighed as she slowly turned her vision to her mother.

Her mother silhouette joined to her beautiful tender legs as her mother was staring at the window outside, as she slowly sipped onto her cup of water. Naeun clenched her fists as she gripped onto the end of her skirt as she stood up from the seat. 

Her mother was doing the same thing again. Avoiding the question. 

"Omma..." Naeun said weakly.

"He's dead already. I tried to look for him as promised, but people told me he's dead." Her mother said as she grabbed her bag. She turned her back at Naeun as she waved at her.

"I remembered I have something to attend you, I'll go first. Take care, my daughter." She said coldly as she hurriedly paced out of the pantry, leaving Naeun catching her words.

"Om.." She said but the rest of the sentence were not finished. She hesitated to chase after her, it would be pointless after all. 

"Oppa.. Are you really dead? I still can't believe that you're dead." Naeun said as she let off a dreadful sigh.

 

 

[ 1:20p.m. In Myungsoo's House ]

 

"Wow, feels really good to be lying on this sofa again~" Myungsoo cheered as he wiggled his toes who was resting on the other end of the sofa as he stare at the ceiling mesmerisingly. "And to say I really miss this ceiling of mine." He chuckled.

"Yeah, and I miss your talking." Jiyeon said as she came back with a cup of water. "Here, drink it." She said as she place several capsule sheets on the coffee table. She scanned through the sheets of pills carefully as she plugged out several pills as she stare at Myungsoo.

"Eat your medicine time, Myungsoo~" Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo sighed as he stood up and opened his mouth widely. Waiting for his pill to land into his mouth, Jiyeon continued stare at him curiously as she asked him to eat it. Myungsoo sighed as he grabbed Jiyeon's hands and forcefully place her hand into the mouth, causing her to drop the pills into the mouth. 

Myungsoo swallowed the pills as he drank a gulp of water. "That's what I want you to do! Gosh." Myungsoo whined.

Jiyeon's lips curled up as she nodded her head slowly. She then gently fed him the medicine and Myungsoo abided by her and ate all of them obediently. Jiyeon patted on his head, as she smiled uncontrollably at him. 

She started his soft hair as she gently complimented him, "Good boy~" 

Myungsoo smirked at her as his hands gripped onto hers with his might. "I gotcha." He whimpered as he brought her closer to him.

"Hmmm... you're really pretty." Myungsoo said as he touched her fringe and pushed it up. "I've never seen a close-up of you before..." Myungsoo added on as he started her cheeks.

"Myungsoo." Jiyeon hesitated as her body tried to struggle out of his sudden skinship.

"Stop. You're beautiful, let me admire your beauty." Myungsoo said as he stare deeply into her eyes.

Jiyeon tried to restrain her eyes from staring back at Myungsoo but Myungsoo surprised her by cupping her face. Now, their eyes met as Myungsoo gently closed his eyes as his head inch forward to her as his lips crashed onto hers. 

Being caught back by his kiss, Jiyeon had her eyes wide open as Myungsoo slapped her shoulders, causing her to flinch and open widely. Myungsoo's tongue began roaming into and within seconds, Jiyeon followed his pace as she wrapped her hand around him.

It was until several minutes as Myungsoo pulled away from the kiss.

"What a great kiss." Myungsoo commented, gaining Jiyeon's wide grin. 

"Myungsoo..." Jiyeon said as she lowered her head.

"3 weeks and I can't believe you fall in love with me... But what to do, I'm longing for you already... Hmm, looks like I'm falling for you too." Myungsoo said. "But it's alright 'cos you're so damn irresistable. Guess I did something right in helping you. Helping you made me fall in love with someone, and thats you." Myungsoo said.

"I'll go to the kitchen!" Jiyeon squealed as she pulled her hands away and hurriedly ran away from Myungsoo.

"This girl... though we're lovers, shes still so shy." Myungsoo said as he smirked at Jiyeon's cuteness.

*DING DONG* The door bell sounded. Myungsoo scratched the back of her head as he went and see on the monitor. IU. IU was staring at the monitor in awe as her enlarged head was all over the monitoring, moving about, playing and testing the monitor out.

"Jiyeon-ah, your bestie is here." Myungsoo called out.

Jiyeon nodded her head, "Let her in~" She said.

"Arraso." Myungsoo said as he opened the door. 

"Annyeonghaseyo, IU-sshi." Myungsoo said as he swung the doors open for her. 

IU took a suspicious glance at him and smirked. She punched his shoulders softly as she casually greeted him, "Yo Myungs!" 

"Yah, is this how you call your bestie's boyfriend?" Myungsoo said, gaining IU's attention.

"OMO, you two.. you two?!~" IU said as she pointed her fingers at Myungsoo and Jiyeon. She began shooking her head repeatedly in denial as she ran towards Jiyeon and grabbed her by her arms.

"Is this really true? Are you guys dating for real?!?!?!" IU asked worriedly.

"ne..." Jiyeon replied shyly.

"WAHHHHHH DAEBAK~! You guys, hahah fall in love?! WOWOOWOWOWOOWW daebak~ Congrats JIYEONNIE~" IU said as she smacked her shoulders playfully.

Jiyeon smiled at her and replied, "Gomawo Jieunnie." 

"Wah, 3 weeks. Is this so easy to fall in love with?" IU said, still living under denial.

"Jieunnie, we meet each other and talk to each other every day in the 3 weeks." Jiyeon said.

"Yeah, you're right. 3 weeks, 21 days of interaction. It's so easy for love to spark. Okay, so lets say the first 3 days is deducted since you'll be all suspicious and cold towards him. After the 4th day, then you guys started to open your hearts. So, when you worked on the 4th day, you start to talk and hang out with him. After a few days of work, you are closer to him, both of you know your secrets and stuff. You know each other's background. Wah, then the rest of the 2 weeks, you all hang out, go shopping and stuff. Bam, got closer and closer and then start to have skinship and stuff. Feelings ignited. Wow. This is so true~~" IU started blabbling.

"Jieunnie... You can really go be a fortune teller, being all accurate and stuff." Jiyeon said.

Myungsoo smirked at the two besties talking to each other as he went ot get a shower.

"Ahhh... Jiyeonnie. You're really daebak, but im sure you started to have those feelings for him, right?!" IU said as she smacked her shoulders again.

"Ne.." She replied, blushing real hard.

 

"Aaaaawww, Jiyeonnie is blushing. Then does he also have feelings for you?~" She asked.

Jiyeon shook her head. "Not exactly, but hes saying he's starting having feelings for me." Jiyeon said.

"Hope he really mean it.. But im sure he does now, from what I see him staring at you. And... I bet you guys kissed just now." IU said.

"WHAT? HOW DID YOU KNOW?!" Jiyeon suddenly screamed, softly.

"You got a men's perfume on you, you know." IU pointed out.

Jiyeon's eyes widened as she grinned foolishly. "aha." She uttered.

 


 

Here's the upate! Enjoy! WOOHOO~ YOOHOO~
Please give me comments on this update, it'd be appreciated... like so much! :) Enjoy reading!

Don't forget to COMMENT and SUBSCRIBE!

SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBECOMMENT, COMMENT COMMENT.

- Authornim