Fourteen

The Hurtful Past

{ One Family, One Heart }

 

[ In Naeun's House ]

 

"Omma, I'm back from work." Naeun cried out as she placed her handbag on the sofa as she slammed her body against the sofa. 

Letting out a sleepy yawn, she stretched her hands and legs as she turned around to see the house empty. Filled with overwhelming curiosity, she cried her mother's name again. However, there was still no response. Grewing more and more curious, she stood up and went to the kitchen. The kitchen was neat and tidy, and her mom was no where to be found.

She walked through the dim-lit corridor as she scanned through the rooms. She stumbled infront of her mom's room, where the door was closed. She mustered her courage as she knocked on the door. "Omma, are you inside?" Naeun asked.

No response. No sound was heard from the room. She knocked on the door again, yet no sound was produced in the room. Her hands trailed to the door knob as she turned to realize the door was not even locked. She pushed the door open to be greeted by an empty neat room. Her eyes wandered around, the bed was neatly tucked in, arranged, the table was empty, and clean. 

Furrowing her eyebrows, she clutched onto the bedsheets as she sat on the bed and looked around the floor. Her eyes caught attention of the torn paper on the ground which struck her curosity. She went over, kneeling on the ground, she picked up the torn pieces of paper, she looked at the pieces of paper. The paper was torn and the words were barely visible.

But what surprised her was the words, "Son" and "Found", "", "Shameless". She gasped upon sighe as she tossed it aside and went out to grab her bag. She took her phone out and dialled her mom's number.

(Yo..Yobosaeyo?)

"Omma, where are you now? Are you coming home?" 

(Ah, ani. I'm outside, I'm... going to buy some groceries before I co....com...come home.)

"Omma, wae? Why are you stuttering your words? Did something happen to you?"

(A-Ani. I'm just slipped my tongue, thats why. Ah, Naeun-ah, I need to go now, I'll talk to you when I come home, annyeong~)

The dial-tone was sounded again. She bit her lips and sigh as she toss the phone into the bag. 

 

Meanwhile, Naeun's mother was sitting on a chair, in a cafe, waiting for somebody. "You're surprisingly early today. I thought you will always make me wait for ages?~" A voice sounded from the back.

She turned her head around, the undesirable smirk was on his face as he took the seat across the table. "I'm sure you have received my letter." The man sternly said.

"What do you want exactly. I did it because I found another man, and the man.... he won't like to find me to have a child with another man. That man was good and I can't let him out of my life, unlike... unlike you." Naeun's mom said, stuttering her last words. 

"You ... Even so, you cant even send him to an orphanage when he's only 2 right?!" The man yelled. 

"I can't... He treated me so well, can't you understand it, Jonguk-sshi." Naeun's mom said.

"You surely call out my name really well. That charming voice of yours never fade away, doesn't it? I'm sure thats how you use that to hook up with that jackass." Jonguk said, removing the shades of his eyes. 

"You won't even enter my shoes and feel how I felt back then. It's pointless to even talk to you about it." Naeun's mom said, rolling her eyes to the opposite building outside the cafe. Jonguk smirked as he took a sip on the cup of Americano on the table. "Didn't I treat you well? Why did you even cheat on me the first place? Hm... ah... it's because of money right." He added on, smirking evily at her.

Naeun's mom was caught back by his sudden guess as she bit her lips. Her legs was trembling in fear as she clenched her fists with all her might as she buried her head in the chest. Jonguk saw through her nervousness as he let off a heavy sigh. Smirking continuously at her, he pulled his body and leaned on the table, looking at Naeun's mom deeply into her eyes.

"You really still look pretty. But too bad is that you're such a cheap woman." Jonguk said. "I worked day and night, everyday of my life just to earn a living and to support you and Myungsoo. You just abandoned me just because I am neither a tycoon businessman nor a millionaire. And to think you win Myungsoo's custody, you would take good care of him and raise him up, you just simply ditch him and put him in an orphanage. If it weren't for the newspapers I read yesterday, I would have never knew about you sending him to an orphanage." Jonguk added on, raising his brows as he stared angrily and ferociously at her.

"I..I.." Naeun's mom tried to refute him, but hesitated to speak any further.

"Speechless, eh? You're just one useless piece of . Money-digger ." Jonguk cursed under his breath as he stood up and stomped out of the cafe angrily, leaving Naeun's mom tearing up.

Chasing after him, Naeun's mom gathered her pace and sped up, grabbing him by his waist and spun him around. "Jonguk... don't tell this to Myungsoo... don't even go meet him, please... for god sake I don't want Naeun to even know about this too. I don't want her to know. Jonguk, ah, please for the sake of our relationship years ago, please don't tell this or inform Naeun about this. Don't even go and look for Myungsoo, please. I'm BEGGING YOU!" Naeun's mom said as she went down on her knees and was crying uncontrollably.

Jonguk shrugged her hands off him as he yelled back at her, "You said it, it was years ago. Me and you are no longer in any relationship. I'll do whatever I want, and you don't even bother persuading me over it!" Jonguk continued to walk away but Naeun's mom caught up on him, she grabbed onto the collar of his shirt.

"Jonguk-sshi, please IM BEGGING YOU FOR GOD SAKE DONT TELL NAEUN!" Naeun's mom continue pleading but Jonguk pushed her aside abruptly. 

"I'll see about it first. But I can't guarantee I won't look for my son." Jonguk replied and left out in a huff. 

Pushing her out caused bruises on her arm. Groaning in pain, she slightly caressed the wound on her arm while she was sitting on the ground. She tried to pull herself up but her body and her weak legs failed her, causing her to collapse on the ground, groaning in pain. She touched her ankle which hurt her badly.

She had twisted her ankle. She was now limping as she slowly took a sit on a bench on the street.

 

 

[ 10:00a.m. Meanwhile, in Myungsoo's Home ] 

 

"Myungsoo-ah~ Can we go to this open-event for Valentino Spring Fashion Week Show?~" Jiyeon cried, running to the sofa, with a piece of pamphlet on her hands.

"Jiyeonnie~, wae? You like their clothes? I'll try to buy them for you." Myungsoo said, cuddling her by his side.

"Ah, ani. I just wanted to take a look at their spring collection line. I took a sneak peak at their dresses this season and it's really really gorgeous~ I just wanna go take a look, can I Myungsoo-ah~" Jiyeon said, tugging on his shoulders.

"Ahh... why do you call me Myungsoo-ah~. There's no sign of affection at all. Well, maybe slightly, but I'm not contended with it." Myungsoo said as he crossed his arms and threw a playful fit.

Jiyeon smiled at him sheepishly as she shook his shoulders and said, "Ok Myung-Myung then." Myungsoo's face brightened up as he smiled unconsciously at her. He then pulled Jiyeon into his warm embrace, cuddling and caressing her tummy. "That's so much better than Myungsoo-ah. I like it ALOT.~" Myungsoo said, pinching her nose.

Jiyeon scruntinised her nose as she giggled at him. "Arraso Myung Myung." Jiyeon called out sweetly. "But Myung Myung, can we go for the fashion week show please?" Jiyeon pleaded him.

"You... You like fashion?" Myungsoo asked curiously.

"Ah, I just want to take a look, I'm interested that's.. that's all." Jiyeon said, forcing a smile.

"Arraso, we'll go then." Myungsoo decided which gained Jiyeon's bright smile as she hugged him tightly. "Gomawoyo, Myung Myung~" She sang melodiously.

Her beautiful voice rang Myungsoo's ears as he could not help but to hug her more tightly. "I love you, Jiyeonnie." He whispered to his ears which gave Jiyeon a tingling sensation in her tummy.

 

The flashing lights of the camera filled the ballroom as the lights were illuminating the dark-lit room. Jiyeon and Myungsoo sat down a chair out of the crowd of people whom sat way infront of them. This was an open event and the ballroom was packed with many people. The people dressed gorgeously as the girls wore huge long dresses, while some wore glittery and shiny dresses that shine brightly in this dark lit room. The man wore beautiful coloured suits, red, blue, black, green. They also wore fashionably print pants, some wore plain beige chinos while some wore beautiful striped pants. 

"Wah, Myung Myung, that dress is so fabulous!~" Jiyeon squealed in excitement as she eagerly clapped her hands upon seeing a tall model strutting down the runway with a beautiful bejeweled dress. The dress was sparkling and the studded chromes on the dress were shining brightly in the limelight. 

The dress was stunningly beautiful. The model wore it proudly as it spun off and work her way out of the runway in style. Jiyeon's eyes was sparkling in delight as another dress appeared on the runway, this time, the dress was filled with pearls, with a beautiful bow on the middle, at the section of the s. 

Jiyeon clapped her hands eagerly as she took her phone out and snapped several shots of the dresses that soon came in the runway like the river, with the water gushing through the river banks.

"Jiyeon-ah. Do you really want to be a fashion model?" Myungsoo guessed.

Jiyeon's eyes froze on the spot as she hurriedly forced a smile and shook her head, "Ah-Ani. I need to work at your cafe right, but anyway I don't really wanna walk on runways like that." Jiyeon said, patting on Myungsoo's shoulders in reassurance as she smiled widely at him. Myungsoo smiled back and patted on her head, as he continued watching the fashion show with her.

 

"Jiyeon-ah." Myungsoo said, with her hands interlocked with his. "You.. You don't lie to me anymore." Myungsoo said coldly.

Jiyeon stopped on the spot as she turned her head with a puzzled expression. "Wae? Lying?" She asked, curious about his sudden words.

"You... you want to be a fashion model right? Did I guessed it correctly?" Myungsoo said, spinning her around to face him.

"Ah..." Jiyeon said. 

"Jiyeon-ah. Don't lie to me. Please."Myungsoo said. His voice was serious this time. 

Jiyeon took a glance at his face as she buried her head in the chest. "Ne.. I actually wanted to be a fashion model. It's actually my dream all along. I found much interest when I am in the University. At first, I really regretted joining a business course when I enter University. I actually wanted to join a modelling school and drop out of University, but I lose hope after I met that jerk." Jiyeon confessed.

Myungsoo grabbed onto her hands gently as he gently said to her, "Why didn't you tell me this all along? I could have helped you to realize your dreams."

"I didn't want to say it because I am working for your cafe. I don't want to create any burden for you by asking you to help me to realize and attain my dreams. I also don't want you to work too much after I left the cafe to model. I'm sure without me you guys would have a greater workload than usual." Jiyeon said, a tear falling from her eyes.

"Jiyeon, don't worry. You won't be a burden to me. Trust me. I can handle the cafe without you. Go, go and realize and work towards your goal, I will support you no matter what." Myungsoo said.

"Myung-Myung..." Jiyeon said, tugging on his arm. 

Myungsoo smiled and wiped the tear off her, and said, "Don't worry baby. I'll always be there for you, helping and showering care over you. I've helped you once in your fatal state, I won't leave you alone, helpless anymore. Besides, I'm your man right?" Myungsoo said, pecking on her juicy puffy pink lips of hers.

"Gomawo... MyungMyung." Jiyeon said, pulling him for a warm hug.

 


[ 9:30p.m.  In Naeun's House ]

 

"Omma, what happened to you?!?!" Naeun shrieked upon seeing her mom coming home with the fresh wounds on her arms and her limping as she placed her bag on the sofa. 

"Ah, ani. I just slipped onto the ground just now on the way back. There was this puddle of water which I'm not aware of." Naeun's mom made an excuse as she forced an assuring smile at Naeun. "Naeun-ah, it's alright. I'll just put some pads on my wounds later. It'd be alright, no big deal over it, Naeun-ah." She reassured her.

Naeun frowned in guilt as she nudged her mom's shoulders. "Omma, let me help you with it at least alright?" Naeun said, as she brought her to the sofa and gently placed the healing pads on her ankle and the fresh wounds on her arm.

"Omma, why are these paper on the floor on your room?" Naeun said as she picked the pieces of paper and showed it to her mom. 

Her mom's eyes widened in shock as she saw the torn letter on her hands.

"Omma?" Naeun asked her again.


 

Guys I'm really sorry for not updating for like 2 weeks. I am busy studying for my term test, so pardon me~

- Authornim