Fifteen

The Hurtful Past

{ Truth Revealed }

 

[ 9:45p.m. That day, In Naeun's Home ]

 

"Omma, what is this about?!" Naeun pestered her mom, as she continuously shook her arms profusely while placing the torn pieces of paper of an letter in front of her face. 

Naeun's mom stare at it with a terrified look on her face as her legs were trembling in fear. Her hands were shivering as well, as she slowly took the pieces of paper. Her heart became heavy as she read the word, "", on the torn piece of paper. Feeling ashamed and terrified by the letter, she threw the pieces of torn paper away as she turned her head around, avoiding Naeun's glaze.

"OMMA!" Naeun shouted as her eyes became teary.

"Naeun-ah, I'm fine." Naeun's mother calmly said. Tears were rolling down her cheeks as she hurriedly took a piece of tissue paper and wiped the tears off her eyes in a panic.

"OMMA!" Naeun shouted again.

"Naeun-ah, don't ask me anymore. I need to get some rest." Naeun's mom said, shrugging Naeun's hands off her as she stood up and rushed back into her room, locking her room shut upon entering.

Naeun was left on the living room, sobbing on the sofa as she picked up the pieces of torn paper that laid scattered across the ground. Crushing them into tiny balls, she continued to cry harder, wondering of the ill fate her mother has met into recently.

 

 

[ 9:30a.m.  Next day, In Myungsoo's Home ]

 

Another day has begun, and the sun rays shone through the glass windows and hit the floors, illuminating and brighting the dim-lit room up. Jiyeon was out on the living room. She had her makeup done, she was dressed in the work attire and she was busy packing her bag for work. Having the TV , she was slowly mumbling to the melody of the music video being played on the television.

Hard, loud steps soon echoed through the living room as Jiyeon immediately stood up upon hearing them. She rushed as she hugged Myungsoo who came out of the hallway as she buried her head on his chest. "Myung Myung, good morning~" She sang melodiously.

Her beautiful voice rang into his ears as Myungsoo blushed upon her sudden embrace. "What's wrong with your sudden embrace today? It gave me a shock, but I guess it was all worth it to be in your embrace." Myungsoo whispered into her ears, giving her butterflies in her stomach, once again, as usual.

"Let's go for work.~" Jiyeon said as she skipped to get her bag as she opened the door, awaiting for Myungsoo.

However, Myungsoo just stood there and smirk at her. He inched forward and slammed the door shut instead. Caught back by his sudden actions, Jiyeon's eyes widened as her jaws were left hanging in shock. 

"Aren't... Arr..Arent' we going for work?" Jiyeon said, stuttering.

"I am going for work. But not you." Myungsoo said. 

Feeling puzzled, Jiyeon grabbed onto his arm and shook it repeatedly. "You are going for an interview instead today." Myungsoo said, removing her grip on his arm. "I have this friend who works in Dior. She is a human resource officer. I asked her yesterday night whether they are currently hiring any models or some trainee models and such, and she said that they recently is having a recruitment drive for models. They will be hiring models that would assist them in cover pages of their collection line magazine and their collection line fashion show." Myungsoo said, smiling foolishly at her. 

He then pointed to her, "Then I recommended you. Anyway, this friend of mine really will respect my idea. After all, I've helped her through thick and thin, and she'll surely help you get the application form." Myungsoo added on. He then continued, saying, "But I told her specifically not to use any personal feelings to judge your performance, so... this will be a truly fair and upright judgement and audition. So... you need not worry about joining the model job just based on personal accquaintance."

Jiyeon's eyes sparkled like diamonds as she could not help but to grin and giggle in surprise. She squealed in excitement as she excitedly hopped around the spot, tugging onto his wrist as she continued screaming in joy. Feeling elated by her happiness, Myungsoo chuckled at her cute actions as he pulled her down and pinched her cheeks playfully.

"Go on. Dress more prettily for your interview later. I'll wish you all the best, arraso?" Myungsoo said, before he left for work. 

Jiyeon skipped joyfully back into the room as she opened her wardrobe, revealing the wide array of dresses and blouses that was hung on the rack, neatly and proudly. Her heart was at estacy, she is finally able to work towards her goal. Myungsoo's support for her was truly overwhelming. Jiyeon's heart was filled with much excitement and joy. She picked a pink blouse top, and picked a plain white short skirt. Picking a few accessories, she brought the clothes to the toilet. 

She stare at her reflection as she scanned through her outfit. She bit her lips, feeling nervous of the outcome of her appearance to the judges during the interview. Mustering her courage and taking a few deep breaths, she went out of the bathroom and dolled herself up with thicker and more natural make-up. She wore a pink, glossy lipstick as she brushed her face with a slight pink blush. 

Suddenly her phone received a message. Jiyeon's smile brightened upon seeing Myungsoo's message, that read:

From Myung-Myung,       - 45 seconds ago

Hey, Jiyeonnie-ah~ Your interview is gonna start in 1.5 hours time! You better go now or else you will be late! Don't be nervous for the interview, alright?

I'll always be by your side. Jiyeon fighting, Jiyeon fighting!!

<3 You a lot as always!

- Myung Myung

 

Jiyeon giggled as she closed her phone. She packed her bag, which was a beautiful white leather bag. With her wavy hair, she proceed outside and was at the bus stop. She took a seat on the bench as the bus stop was already empty. It figures, since it was already 11, way past the peak hours. Her eyes travelled left to right, awaiting for the bus to arrive.

It was 10 minutes ever since she arrived to the bus stop, and her bus was yet to come. Panicking and staring at her watch repeatedly, made her heart more anxious. It was already 11:12a.m. now, the interview begins at 12:20. The dior headquarters was located quite a distance away from her current location, it would probably take 40 minutes of bus ride. 

The bus took ages for it to come. As it was already 11:30a.m. now. Feeling never as anxious as before, she quickly took out her phone and messaged Myungsoo, hoping for an advice from him.

From Jiyeonnie Baby,

Myung Myung, the bus is not arriving after 30 minutes, its already 11;30, theres only 50 minutes left before it starts, what should I do? Is this bus always like that?!

 

From Myung Myung,

Jiyeonnie, the bus should have came 10 minutes at the most. I am clueless as to why the bus came so late today, maybe there's a congestion? Don't worry - I'll figure something out for you.

 

Jiyeon bit her lips as she clutched onto the skirt as her eyes was targetted at the incoming traffic. A taxi soon stopped over before the bus stop, as it caught Jiyeon's attention.

There was nobody in the taxi at all, and the taxi driver was looking at her with a curious expression. At first, Jiyeon did not bother about it, but what made it more weird was that the taxi driver stood out from the car and walked towards the bus stop. 

Jiyeon was getting nervous, is he going to do something to her?

"Hi, are you Miss Park Jiyeon-sshi?" The taxi driver said politely.

Jiyeon stare at him curiously and slowly nodded her head. "n..Ne. I am Park Jiyeon." She replied, nervously.

"Aha, Hi, I am here to fetch you to Dior Headquarters as requested." The taxi driver said, bringing her to the taxi.

In the taxi, she remained silent. Questions popped up in her mind, "Why did a taxi even came and fetch her?" "Why do I need not to pay for it? Is this ride paid by someone?" "Who told him to come?" 

Her mind suddenly remembered Myungsoo's text. Don't worry - I'll figure something out for you..

Jiyeon smiled in delight as she suddenly asked the taxi driver, "Could this be, someone requested for you to come and pick me up and drive me to the headquarters?" 

"Maybe, I just got orders from my headquarters that they need someone to pick you up there and send you to Dior Headquarters. They even said that this duty is extremely urgent and that the person who requested had already paid us before hand." The taxi driver said. "Ah, you're really a lucky girl. Someone treated you so well, your boyfriend maybe?" The taxi driver said, smiling widely.

"Ah, ne." She said, shyly.

 

 

[ 12:00p.m., In Naeun's Home ] 

 

Naeun stretched her body as she wiggled the toes, while sitting on her bed. She had slept for quite a while, as she looked around the house. The house was strangely quiet and neat, as usual. She went to the mother's room, but the room was empty. She went through the hallway, the rooms were all vacant. Not a single soul spotted. 

Suddenly, a commotion was heard in the kitchen. Keeping herself unseen, Naeun hid herself behind the wall of the kitchen, to see her mom on the phone, with a chopping board on the kitchen counter, and an uncut cucumber on the board, the knife was on the board and the ingredients seemed to be untouched.

"Yah, don't do it, please." Naeun's mom said, wearing a worried expression.

*Who is she talking to? What is she asking the person not to do? Is this something I should know?* Naeun thought as she bit her lips and eagerly watched her mom secretly.

"Jonguk, please, treat this as I'm begging you, don't ever look up for Myungsoo, and don't even tell this to our Naeun." Naeun's mom said, with a stern look on her face. After a while of hostile silence, she suddenly slammed the counter and yelled loudly, "JINJA! I know I am a bad woman. But I did this because... because... I love that man a lot." She said, with tears rolling down.

"Omma." Naeun said weakly, gaining her utmost attention.

Her mom dropped the phone down onto the ground. The phone crashed onto the ground, and the battery and component parts splattered across the ground. Her voice was trembling in fear as she slowly ran and hugged Naeun tightly. "Omma mianhe, I'm sorry..." She said, while crying on Naeun's shoulders.

Naeun pushed her away, with the anger in her, she yelled at the top of her voice at her, "WHAT HAPPENED OMMA?!? WHOS MYUNGSOO?!!?!?!??!!?!?! IS HE... perhaps my brother?" Naeun said, her voice was shaking in fear as she hurriedly gripped onto the edge of the wall. 

Her tears was streaming down her face as she shoved her mom aside again. "TELL ME AND STOP LYING AND KEEPING ME IN THE DARK!" Naeun demanded, stomping her feet hardly on the ground. "Who's Jonguk?!" Naeun asked her further.

"It's... It's Myungsoo's dad. My... My ex-husband." Naeun's mother said weakly.

Naeun's eyes widened in shock as she felt her heart sank deeply. "Then... that... that Myungsoo is he.." Naeun said, stuttering.

"He... He is your half-brother." She replied back, sobbing.

Naeun bit her lips as her eyes wandered elsewhere aimlessly. Her heart was throbbing in pain as she clenched onto her dress tightly. She inched around aimlessly as she lean her body against the hard white wall, as she squat down onto the ground. Her breaths was abnormally fast as she was sniffing and sniffing profusely.

"Naeun-ah..." Naeun's mom said as she crawled to her and tugged onto her shoulders. "Mianhe, Omma mianhae. I shouldn't have lied to you all this while. I just don't want to let you know about my past. I don't want to be a poor example for you to follow. I... I just... can't tell you this." Naeun's mom added on, while crying her heart out.

Naeun's mom was pouring her heart out to her as Naeun obediently listened to her. As the story sank deeper, Naeun's sniffing got louder and louder. It was until she heard that she remarried a rich guy and dumped Myungsoo in the orphanage and gave birth to her which made Naeun's heart infuriated and filled with fury. She smacked her mom's face swiftly.

"OMMA! HOW COULD YOU BE SUCH A PERSON?! THAT MYUNGSOO WAS IN YOUR CUSTODY BASED ON THE COURT DECISION AND YOU JUST BASICALLY DUMP HIM INTO THE ORPHANAGE JUST BECAUSE APPA HATED HIM? OMMA... EVEN SO YOU COULD JUST LET UNCLE TAKE CARE OF HIM INSTEAD!" Naeun screamed.

"THESE 19 YEARS OF BEING KEPT IN THE DARK. YOU ONLY TELL ME THIS NOW. I DON'T KNOW WHETHER I SHOULD BELIEVE IN YOU ANYMORE. I CANT DIFFERENTIATE FROM THE TRUTH AND THE REALITY AND THE FALSE INFORMATION. I .... I JUST CAN'T SEE YOU AGAIN IN THAT LIGHT ANYMORE... OMMA... WHY ARE YOU BEING LIKE THIS?!?!" Naeun raised her voice as she angrily stomp her feet on the ground, running back into her room in tears.

"na...naeun-ah." Her mom said weakly, as she was groaning in pain, clutching onto her heart.

 

 

 

[ 3:00p.m. In Dela Rosa Cafe ] 

 

Myungsoo was busy cleaning and wiping the table as he soon was done with it. Being paranoid by Jiyeon's interview results, he took his phone out from his pocket as he read the unread message.

 

From Jiyeon,

Oppa, the judges are so friendly to me! They even nodded upon seeing my outfit today and during the interview, though they wore stern looks but at the end of it, they gave me a welcoming smile!~ The results will be announced within 4 working days. 

I think... I might get it?~ I'll tell you something when I come home!~~ Gomawo oppa, I aint late today, I know its you! thankssss <3

 

Myungsoo cheered in joy as he hissed to himself "YESSSS!"

"Yah, Myungsoo-ah! Don't get distracted by Jiyeon baby during your work." Sungyeol said, smirking at him. "You remember you took leave? You must repay by working extra hard arraso?!" Sungyeol said.

"Yes, okay, but just saying, you're the second boss here." Myungsoo hissed at him, rolling his eyes at him.

"Hey, but that doesn't mean I can't correct you when you're wrong, smart ." Sungyeol said, sticking his tongue out at him.

Myungsoo cursed under his breath as IU soon came in. 

"Yah, Myungsoo-sshi, where's Jiyeon? Isn't she working today too?" IU said. "She even ask me to come at 3. Where's she?" IU added on, her eyes wandering about aimlessly.

"Ah.... she went for an interview to be a model." Myungsoo explained to her.

"OMO, JINJA?! Wah, that lucky girl finally gets to do what she always wanted to do... So proud of her." IU said, smiling and chuckling foolishly. 

"Wah, can she even be a model? Well, she got the looks, but I think she cant even walk on the runway. The runway's too gorgeous for her~" Sungyeol teased, laughing like a hyena. 

"YAH, You say about my bestie one more time and I'll shave all your hair and shave your leg hair for you, you get me?!" IU said, pulling his ear as Sungyeol groan in pain loudly.

"Yah, stop playing you two." Myungsoo lectured them. His eyes soon caught attention of the lost customer at the entrance. He wore his polite smile and went to serve him.

"Hi, May I help you sir?" He said with a tinge of respect in his tone.

The man rolled his eyes at the name tag Myungsoo was wearing and nodded his head, "Myungsoo?" He said.

Myungsoo bit his lips and nodded. "Ne, may I help you?" He asked again.

"I'm your... appa." The man said, sighing and lowering his head in embarrassment.

 


 

Here's today update!

Anyway, I'm so pissed after watching Myungsoo saying Suzy is his ideal type. URGH. Myungsoo! Why do you lie in a variety show?! Did the manager ask you to say her?! *wishful thinking*. Whatever, anyway ideal type not neccessarily equates to crush, am I right... guys?

Share your opinion on this mind-breaking, brain-wrecking and pissing statement of his. :(

I HOPE ITS NOT TRUE *WISHFUL THINKING* + *rolls eyes to the ceiling and prays and pray pray pray*

MAY MYUNGSOO AND JIYEON HAVE INTERACTION FFS, IM GONNA TRAP THEM UP IN A ROOM, *ties them to a chair* hahah jk!

- Authornim