Seven

The Hurtful Past

{ A New Side of Him }

 

[ In Myungsoo's Home ]

 

The sun was shining brightly onto the glass window and the heat trapped inside became increasingly intolerable for the sleeping Jiyeon. Jiyeon, who got awoke by the tremendous heat, woke up with sweat lying on her neck as she yawned dreamily and rubbed her eyes. She wiggled her toes and kicked her legs in the air as she stretched her back. 

She then stood up from the bed and dragged her feet to the window as she pushed the curtains apart, allowing the sun rays to strike through the glass window and lit up the dim-lit room. Jiyeon yawned again as she saw the beautiful bright sun hanging up in the sky, the clear blue sky. There was hardly any cloud in the sky. It's gonna be slightly less cold today.

Jiyeon moved to the wardrobe and opened it, revealing the range of brightly-coloured clothes. Those were the clothes bought from Myungsoo, which costs him a fortune. Jiyeon sighed as she rummaged through the wardrobe and picked several pieces of clothes as she slung it across her shoulders and walked into the bathroom.

She had her teeth brushed, bathed herself, and she dolled herself up with her cosmetics on the dressing table. Her eyes are all dolled up with the black eyeliner, the faint pink shade of eyebrow, a pink blush on her rosy cheeks, bright pink lipstick, with a fine touch added by the lip gloss. Her eyelashes was also curled.

It's been a while since Jiyeon could doll herself up like that. Ever since, the trauma begins. Ever since those days, she had been traumatized by the sudden skinship of Myungsoo and even IU. It just made her more afraid to make new friends, or even talk to anyone close. 

Jiyeon sighed as she slowly mumbled to herself, "Another day of socializing..."

Jiyeon knew herself that she should not procrastinate. But her mind says otherwise. She had been having doubts about her current job. Thinking about talking and having a short conversation with the customers seemed too much of a nightmare for Jiyeon. She was in fact afraid of seeing people around her. It would all remind her of the traumatizing experience in the alleyway in Gangnam.

Jiyeon pushed her doors open to be greeted by the closed door of Myungsoo's room. That's unusual for Myungsoo as he always had his doors wide open in times like this. 

Jiyeon bit her lips as she hurriedly ran towards the living room but to see the living room empty and quiet. Eerie silence started to build up in the room as the morning birds stop chirping and the clacking sounds of the wind chime stopped due to the sudden stop in the breeze of wind. The air was still and the atmosphere was tense.

Everything seems strange out of the sudden. She then went to Myungsoo's door step. She took a huge breath and knocked onto the door. There was no response.

Jiyeon knocked again, and then again there was no response. Jiyeon sighed and knocked it profusely. Being infuriated by his lack of response, Jiyeon grew more and more impatient and she knocked onto the door harder, "Myungsoo~" She cried. 

However, her knocks and cries are to no avail. There was still no response. Jiyeon pushed the door open to be amazed that the door was not locked all along. 

 

It really did made her look stupid.

Jiyeon then gasped upon seeing Myungsoo sleeping on his bed, with his terrible bed hair on. Jiyeon bit his lips as she glanced at the clock impatiently. It was already 9:30p.m.. The cafe opens at 10, and they need to be there at this time. Jiyeon ran beside his bed and checked his clock. There was no alarm set at all.

Jiyeon gasped and shook his shoulders, but he remained in his deep sleep.

Jiyeon started calling his name repeatedly while shaking his shoulders with much more force to earn groans and grumbles from the sleepy Myungsoo. Jiyeon sighed in relief as Myungsoo stood up from the bed.

"Jiyeon... I'm sleepy, let me sleep for a while. You'll open the cafe for me.. mmm urrrgggh. The keys on my table, go get it... immm mmm go sleemmsfsleemp sleep." Myungsoo said as he slammed his body back to the bed as he turned about on the bed, sleeping soundly within seconds.

Jiyeon sighed as she went over and grab the keys on his table. She took another glance at him and went off downstairs to open the cafe.

 

Jiyeon was feeling a little insecure of going to open the cafe all on her own. Myungsoo would always open the shop with her, and having to do it alone does make her feel somewhat different and insecure. It seemed as if Myungsoo had this sense of security whenever she was around with him. Jiyeon was about to put the keys into the glass door until whistles could be heard.

*Is that Myungsoo?* Jiyeon thought as she turned around at the stairs. However, no one was coming down. Jiyeon sighed as she turned to the right to see Sungyeol beside her.

"Yah, hurry up and open the door." Sungyeol said as he stared at her sternly.

Jiyeon nodded her head and instered the key. She pushed the door open but Sungyeol dashed right into the cafe before she did, causing her too lose her balance and fall onto the ground.

"Yah, mianhe. You alright?" Sungyeol said as Jiyeon nodded her head.

"Okay, you go wash the cups and start the machines, make sure they are operating well. Then I'll do the cashier and clean the tables and stuff. Oh and you go replenish the straws and tissues, with those other cutleries over at the condiments desk." Sungyeol ordered as he pointed to the coffee machines, cups and the desk.

Jiyeon nodded her head obediently and went to wash the cups and glasses in the sink. 

After a long moment, the cafe already had some customers. Jiyeon was busy serving the customer's orders, but her heart was obviously not there. She occasionally made glances at the door, waiting for Myungsoo to come down.

2 hours past and Myungsoo was not in the cafe.

 

 

Jiyeon was staring at the coffee machine blankly, as she rolled her eyes and stare at the falling coffee landing on the coffee mug. She continued to stood there, speechless and motionless, staring at the fully-filled coffee. The coffee started to overflow the mug, and collected in the sink below. 

"YAH JIYEON!" Sungyeol shouted as he pointed to the overflowing coffee mug. 

Jiyeon screamed in shock as she hurriedly turned the machine off. "Omo.." She uttered.

"Aish, stop dreaming, dumb." Sungyeol cursed under his breath as he rolled his eyes at her.

Jiyeon bowed in apology at him as she took another glance at the door.

It's been countless of times Jiyeon had her eyes on the door. She have been waiting for Myungsoo, but he still did not come down. Curiosity was killing her as she tapped onto Sungyeol's shoulders and asked, "Umm Sungyeol-sshi, where's Myungsoo? Isn't he supposed to work today? And why are you working today?" 

Sungyeol sighed and smirked. "Are you really dumb or are you just pretending to be dumb? I'm taking over his shift today 'cos he's sick. He called me in to work for him today. He'll work tomorrow in compensation." Sungyeol explained.

Jiyeon's eyes widened. "He's sick? No wonder his lips are so dry and white just now. I should have known..." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

"Pfft, stop dreaming and get working! Yah, Nora-ah! Go serve table number 5" Sungyeol shouted.

Jiyeon snapped out of her thoughts as she shook on Sungyeol's shoulders repeatedly, "Mianhe Sungyeol-sshi, can I take off from now? I... I " Jiyeon said, as she was hesitating to continue speaking further.

"You want to go take care of him is it? Go on, go on. pfft." Sungyeol said. He then added on, "You better take good care of him, after all he showered so much concern over you and even let you in his house to stay. He did so much for you and he's your saviour... So you really should take GOOOD care of him." Sungyeol rolled his eyes again as he sighed and continued to serve the long line of customers infront of him.

 

 

[ 2:00p.m. In Myungsoo's House ]

 

Jiyeon removed her shoes as she hurriedly ran towards Myungsoo's room to be greeted by Myungsoo, still sleeping. She gasped. She glanced at her clock. It's been 4 hours since she left and he's still sleeping. Jiyeon bit her lips nervously as she hurriedly ran towards him.

She gripped onto his arms to be given a shock. His arms was hot. Jiyeon bit her lips again and again as she went to touch his forehead. It was even hotter. Jiyeon literally screamed as she hurriedly went to grab a towel and soaked it with cold water as she placed it around his forehead. 

Jiyeon sat beside him and glared at him worriedly. She soon fell asleep and had her head on his bed.

 

It was after a while when Myungsoo's eyes slowly opened and Myungsoo gripped onto the dried cloth on his forehead. He removed it and threw it to another side as he stood up from the bed, sitting on the bed as he turned his head to see Jiyeon sleeping beside him. 

He sighed as he tapped onto her shoulders. "Why are you here?" He said as he rubbed the back of his head.

Jiyeon woke up upon his tap as she stood up and touch his forehead. "Your fever have not retreated, you lay down and I'll help you.." Jiyeon said but Myungsoo shove her hands away.

"I don't need your help, Jiyeon. I am a man, a grown man and I can cure the fever myself. I don't need anyone's help." Myungsoo said as he got off from the bed and went to the toilet, shutting the doors tight.

Jiyeon was caught back by his words as was left hanging open in shock.

*I just wanted to take care of you now...* Jiyeon thought.

 


PLS TELL ME YOUR COMMENTS BELOW~~~ x