Eleven

The Hurtful Past

{ Flashbacks of The Past, Again }

 

[ Same day, 2:15p.m., In Myungsoo's Home ]

 

The door bell sounded again and this time, IU went to get it. "Ne?" She called to see Sungyeol's face at the monitor. "Ah, Jiyeon. Is this guy close to you all? Shall I open it?" She asked.

Jiyeon furrowed her brows and walked towards IU. She glance at the monitor and pressed the accept button. "He's Sungyeol. He's Myungsoo's best friend." Jiyeon explained.

IU opened the doors as her eyes targetted at Sungyeol who was grinning widely as he came into the house, carrying huge paper bags on his hand. "ah, I just went to the supermarket. Thought that you guys might need some grocery, so I bought you guys some. Where's Myungsoo anyway?" Sungyeol said as he looked around the house in awe.

IU gave a disgusted glance at him as she slammed the door shut and snatched the paper bags as she dig into the bags, rummaging through its contents. She smirked as she walked off to the kitchen counter as she unpacked the paper bags. 

Sungyeol pursed his lips as he gritted his teeth angrily. "Argh, this girl." Sungyeol cursed under his breath.

IU looked at him and rolled her eyes, "The Psycho can't greet people, eh? I didn't know that." IU remarked as she placed the packs of frozen food into the refrigerator.

"Well, whatever, then. Annyeong Jiyeon-sshi and Jieun-sshi." Sungyeol said.

"I think you should call me by my nickname IU. Don't call me Jieun 'cos I don't agree with it. It's not legit for you to call me that." IU complained as she flattened the paper bags and threw it into the rubbish bin.

Jiyeon forced a smile as she hurriedly pushed IU into the kitchen. "I'll get you some water Sungyeol-sshi, meanwhile make yourself at home." Jiyeon cried out as she pushed IU to the stove.

"You just help me brew the stew. I already did all the stuff, just make sure its brewed perfectly, arraso?" Jiyeon instructed her. 

IU nodded her head as she started stirring the stew cautiously as she stare at the red, boiling stew in awe, as she her lips deliciously. The mouth was tempting and mouth-watering, after all Jiyeon and IU were really good in preparing food. They are like born to cook. They have awesome cooking skills and they work really well together.

"Wah, this will be delicious..." IU commented, as she carefully took a sip on the stew to taste the food. 

 

Jiyeon came to Sungyeol as she bent her body down as she placed the cup of water on the coffee table. She talked with him for a while but Sungyeol was obviously distracted. His eye was glazing at somewhere. Jiyeon tried to initiate several conversation but he always seemed to hesitate to reply her, neither did he try his best to pay attention to the conversation.

"Are you looking for IU?" Jiyeon guessed.

Sungyeol snapped himself out of his thoughts as he gave her an abrupt and sounding reply. He stood up from the seat with his eyes widened. His big round eyes stared at Jiyeon in shock as he repeatedly shook his head and grabbed onto her shoulders. He continue shooking his head as he denied looking for IU.

Jiyeon saw through him. He was surely weak in pretending. His true feelings could be felt as Jiyeon smirked evily at him. She patted on his back, trying to get him to remove his firm grip on her shoulders. 

"Yah, Sungyeol don't cross the line!" Myungsoo yelled as he came out, wearing a bright blue plain t-shirt, with a pair of jeans. His hair was combed neatly, with his fringe slightly curled as he was so fresh in his new outfit. He pulled Sungyeol away from Jiyeon as he pushed him down onto the sofa as he sat beside him, and beside Jiyeon.

"She's my yeoja. So don't touch her so easily arraso? And Why are you doing in my house?" Myungsoo said, annoyed by his actions.

Being amazed by the sudden confession, Sungyeol widened his eyes as he gasped in shock. He held him by the shoulders, with his amazed expression, he asked him, "Jinja? You guys are dating already?! WOOW!" 

Myungsoo shook his head. "Yes, so you get it now?" Myungsoo said sternly.

Sungyeol nodded his head obediently as he suspiciously glanced at Jiyeon and Myungsoo as his lips form an evil grin.

"You guys... did it right?" He guessed.

Jiyeon and Myungsoo gasped in harmony as they strongly denied it. Sungyeol chuckled upon their expressions as he patted on Myungsoo's shoulders in understanding. "It's still early, I get it." Sungyeol again.

"Argh, you this friend." Myungsoo hissed.

"Ah. Myungsoo-ah~ I need to go grab something in the convenience store across the street. I'll be back soon. We have no more drinks I realized." Jiyeon said as she removed the apron from her as she grabbed her purse and phone as she changed into a pair of skinny jeans and a plain white tee as she excused herself out.

"Take care Jiyeonnie~" Myungsoo sang melodiously as he waved at her goodbye. 

"Jiyeonnie, take care arraso?" IU said worriedly as she looka  peek from the edge of the kitchen wall.

"Ne, bye~" Jiyeon said as she waved her hands up high and left the house.

 

[ 4:00p.m. On the way to the Convenience Store ]

 

The cold spring wind blew across her hair, causing her hair to loosen up and leave from the head and fly around freely. The hair was moving about her face as Jiyeon combed her hair behind her ears as she stare at the both sides of the road. 

It has rained earlier on and the streets and road was clogged with rainwater. The road was entirely wet and slippery. Jiyeon inched and inched forward slowly with her feet tip-toeing across the street as she cautiously had her eyes stuck on the shiny, glossy wet ground. The passing vehicles zoomed across puddles and puddles of water, producing loud hiss sounds as they zoomed past her, spraying some water to the walkway, giving the pedestrians a risk of getting wet as some pedestrians continue to stroll with their umbrellas protecting them from splashing waters. 

The sky was gloomy and dark. There were dark clouds hanging on every corner of the cloud. The sky was visibly grey. There was no reach of Sunlight at all. The roads were all dim-lit as the road lamps were all shut off. The only light sources are the bright neon lights of the various billboards on the top of the buildings and the neon signs along the line of shops. 

The road was clear within several minutes of waiting as the road was glossy with all the dirty water scattered across the ground. Jiyeon took brief fast steps across the road as she made pass through the wide road. She was catching for her breath as she slowly pushed the glass doors open and walked into the convenience store.

The salesperson greeted her welcomingly as Jiyeon returned a smile as she dragged her feet to the refrigerated drinks section. She swung the doors of the refrigerator open as her eyes scanned from the top to the bottom. Her eyes glimmered upon the sight of her favourite banana milk as she grabbed bottles of it and tossed it into the shopping basket. She tossed in several rice wines and sodas, accompanied with some soft drinks can as she proceeded to the counter and handled a perfect cash note to the saleslady.

She flagged her hand as she said, "Keep the change please. Enjoy your day~" 

She was walking out until her face slammed onto a hard chest. Jiyeon was groaning and whimping in pain as she squinted her eyes. She turned her head up as her heart started throbbing nervously.

She grabbed the chest tightly as her fists clenched tightly onto the flesh of her chest. Her eyes widened in shock as her eyes remained at that position , staring at the huge figure infront of her.

He was strong built. His hair was shaved on both sides of his head. His eyebrows was pointing down and his eye glaze was really serious and stern. His lips were thin and small. His nose was sharp and clean. His face was all clean, smooth and neat. His hair was stylish, yet his hair was standing still. His breath were heavy as he inched towards Jiyeon.

Jiyeon stood there motionlessly as his heavy breaths landed on Jiyeon's s as she ducked her head down. 

Soon, his hands were around her waist as he pulled her out. He pulled her to a park nearby as he pushed her down forcefully onto the bench. "I'd never thought of seeing you again." He said with his coarse, husky voice.

The voice. That voice ringed into Jiyeon's ears, bringing her flashbacks of the past.

 

Flashback:

"You , give me money. Don't you want to live luxurously? Live in luxury, wear branded clothes, have prada shoes, miu miu bag, chanel dress??!?!" The man said as he grabbed Jiyeon's chin and lifted it up forcefully.

Cracking sounds of her bone could be heard as Jiyeon whimpered in pain. Her tears were streaming down from her eyes, rolling down her cheeks as the man had her by her chin.

"GIVE ME YOU !" The man yelled at the top of his lungs.

Obeying him, Jiyeon weakly forked out several cash notes of 100,000 won as she pushed them onto his chest as he removed his grip, causing Jiyeon to fall onto the ground in tears. 

"Get lost and let me win money" The man ordered as he slammed the door shut, leaving Jiyeon crying her heart out.

End of flashback

 

"What do you want from me now?" Jiyeon said softly, her eyes away from him.

"Hey, I'm still your husband legally. We have not even divorced yet. Don't you remember?" He said. "And can't you at least greet me, by my name? Unless you still want to call me 'honey'?" The man said as he let off a chuckle.

Jiyeon gulped as her heart was beating abnormally fast. She felt her legs wobbly and weak out of nervousness as she stare at him timidly. Being shocked of his sudden appearance, "Kris. I don't want to talk anymore. Just leave me alone and let me leave, is this so hard to ask for? Kris. Please." Jiyeon pleaded.

"Finally you called me. Kris. Hmm, I really sound really nice don't I? But hows life in the ion house? Is life good for you? Giving , doing jobs for man of all ages." Kris said as he add on with an evil manly laughter.

"I left that place already. So stop bothering me please!" Jiyeon shrieked in pain as she scoot away from him.

Kris held her hand tightly as he forcefully spun her body to face him. "You can't escape from my wrath, Jiyeon. You know that. I'm your husband by the way." He said.

"Let's divorce. Please. Don't give me any more hell. I already had enough." Jiyeon said as she shrugged her hands off him. "I need to go back already." Jiyeon said as she ran away.

"So... Park Jiyeon, you are now living here? Good to see you alright. You didn't know I'm still the same right? Or maybe you do. I'm glad to see you again. My atm machine." Kris mumbled to himself as he viciously grinned at himself.

 


Here's my update, please enjoy!
I'm really sorry for not updating so regularly, I am kinda busy these few weeks, so pardon me! :(

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT!

COMMENT PLEASE.

Authornim