Eight

The Hurtful Past

{ What doesn't kill you makes you Stronger }

 

[ 3:00p.m. In Myungsoo's House ]

 

Jiyeon sighed as she stood there, sitting on the floor, looking at the toilet door. She was hoping for Myungsoo to come out and at least accept her help. Myungsoo had helped her a lot, isn't it right for her to help him back? Jiyeon could not understand why Myungsoo was being so grumpy when he's sick. Jiyeon let off a dreadful sigh as she started playing with her fingers.

Myungsoo soon came out of the room with his face wet, dripping with water, as he took a towel and wiped his face. H did not call him, neither did he said anything to her. 

Jiyeon stare at him worriedly as she ran towards him as she gripped onto his arms. "Myungsoo, you're sick. Let me help you." Jiyeon said pleasantly but Myungsoo shove her hands off his arm.

"Go away please. Leave me alone, I can take care of myself. Didn't I say it just now?!" Myungsoo said, as he stomped towards the door as he grabbed on the door knob. "Please give me some private space for now, please." He said impatiently.

Jiyeon bit her lips and nodded her head in defeat. Jiyeon slowly dragged her feet outside as Myungsoo slammed the door shut and locked the doors tightly. Jiyeon sniffed as she stare at the door in worry. "I hope you will be alright." Jiyeon slowly mumbled to herself. She then walked to the living room and she stare at the emptiness blankly. 

The living room was quite and dim. The windows were shut, covered in the thick opaque curtains as the wind chimes were all still. The air was also still and it was eerie silent out here. Jiyeon took a seat on the sofa as she stare at the blank tv screen. She let off a sigh. Her mind was at a dilemma. Should she go back to work? Or should she wait for Myungsoo? Maybe he might not be as grumpy as before? However, she could not decide between them. Going to work might make her insecure given that Myungsoo is sick and might met with any unforseen incident. Waiting for Myungsoo would do her no good but make her mood worser.

Silence crept upon Jiyeon as she stood up from the sofa as she went to Myungsoo's door and knocked onto it gently, "Myungsoo. I'm going out to take a walk. I'll buy some food back for you, alright? You.. You just take care of yourself." She shouted softly. She cleared , and leaving an awkward silence before continuing, "I'm doing this for myself and yourself, I want to repay your kindness, so don't decline my help, alright?" 

She sighed as she walked out of the house.

 

Myungsoo heard her. He was leaning against the door as tears came stumbling on his cheeks, rolling down smoothly into the end of his head as he duck his head down and sobbed at a louder tone. His tears came down unconditionally, upon hearing Jiyeon's last words. Jiyeon must have felt a sense of disappointment when Myungsoo harshly rejected her help.

Myungsoo slammed his fist on the door as his tears were overflowing his eyes. He was crying really badly. Feeling regretful of his rash acts, Myungsoo opened the door and went out to the living room. There was no one at all. 

Fear came and overtook his mind as his legs was trembling in fear. Could Jiyeon have been badly affected by his harsh words? Myungsoo cursed under his breath as he anxiously went out of the house to look for her.

He went to the main street as the cold winter wind blew across him, sending him chills down his spine as he repeatedly cursed under his breath as he ran and ran, in search for Jiyeon. He ran for another 10 minutes, the passer bys gave him curious expressions, some frown in sight as they hurriedly walked past him.

Myungsoo stopped on the spot as he was catching his breath. His breath was getting much heavier as he looked around the street with his blur vision. He was getting tired. He was unstable. His legs felt weak and numb. He could no longer feel the sense of touch on the hard cold ground as he walked towards the edge of the short building and was panting heavily.

His vision started to shake, and become less clear, he felt like the sky was turning orange. Myungsoo's body hovered and hovered, as his head crashed onto the ground and fainted onto the hard cold ground.

A crowd began to gather around him as they was muttering amongst themselves as they was pointing at the unconscious Myungsoo, while wearing disgusted expressions on their faces. 

Jiyeon, who happened to walk by, got curious of the crowd. She pushed and shoved aside the crowd to be shocked by Myungsoo lying on the ground, unconsciously while beads of sweat was lying on his face.

"MYUNGSOO!" Jiyeon screamed as she went and shook his body in panic. She then screamed at the crowd, "Somebody call the freaking ambulance!" 

The crowd was caught aback by her sudden scream as they started insulting her and some abided by her instructions and dialled for an ambulance. The crowd began mumbling amongst themselves again as she panickly touched Myungsoo's forehead.

It was burning hot. In fact, he was hotter than before. Jiyeon gasped in worry as she could feel her heart beating abnormally fast. She felt her body much more weaker as she continously shook his body, while screaming out for his name. Myungsoo stood there, motionlessly, as he was in his unconscious state.

 

The ambulance arrived in a hefty few minutes and the paramedics came with a stretcher as they lifted Myungsoo up and hastily placed into the stroller and pushed it into the ambulance in the nick of time. Jiyeon wanted to accompany him, as she slowly made her way up but the paramedics haulted her and asked, "Sorry miss, on what condition are you to visit the patient? What's your relationship?" 

Jiyeon slipped on her mind as she blurted it out accidentally, "I'm his girl!" She covered immediately as her eyes widened in shock. She knew she was not supposed to say that. She wasn't even his girlfriend at all. Jiyeon could a tinge of regret in her as her heart started to hurt. Telling lies was not fun but the paramedics gave in to her words and let her in.

Jiyeon sat on the bench that stood beside the bed, with Myungsoo lying on the bed, unconsciously with several tubes attached to his hands and fingers, and him wearing the oxygen mask. His breath rates was abnormal and heavy. Jiyeon's heart was pounding tremendously fast as she gripped onto his hands. 

His hands was sweaty as she could feel the sweat overflowing their interlocked hands. Jiyeon bit her lips as she was praying for his well-being in her heart. "Myungsoo, please be okay. You must must must be okay. I... can't... can't see you in this. You must get well." She mumbled to herself as the paramedics sitting beside her was busy attending to his injuries.

"Myungsoo, will be okay... will he?" Jiyeon asked worriedly.

"Miss, we'll try our best to help him. He also suffered several minor wounds on his leg and forehead due to his collapse. The doctor in the hospital will treat him, so you don't worry. Our medical technology is top-notch, and state-of-the-art. So Miss, don't worry." One of the paramedic convinced her as she gently patted on Jiyeon's shoulder.

Jiyeon nodded as she looked at Myungsoo worriedly as a tear escaped out of her eyes.

 

[ 7:00p.m. In Seoul National Hospital ]

 

Jiyeon sat on the bench outside the checkup room as she intertwin her fingers together nervously. Her legs was trembling in fear as a drop of cold sweat fell on her shoulder. She stare at the checkup room which was still locked. She sighed as she bit her lips and started shaking her legs repeatedly in distress.

The doctor soon came out of the room with a clipboard as he looked around and caught his eye on Jiyeon, who was sitting on the bench, waiting nervously. "Are you Kim Myungsoo's girlfriend?" The doctor asked.

Jiyeon nodded her head and rushed to him as she grabbed him by his arms and shook it profusely. "How is he? Is he alright? Is he in any danger or something?!" Jiyeon asked worriedly.

The doctor smirked and shook his head. "He is perfectly fine. It's just that he got a high fever, and he fainted due to overworking his muscles. He should not run or do any vigorous exercise when he's sick. So do pay attention to him." The doctor explained as Jiyeon nodded her head and bowed at the doctor in gratitude.

"Thank you, doctor, thank you so much~" She said as she shed a tear of relief. 

The doctor flashed a warming smile at her and patted on her back, "It's my duty. Anyway, I'm happy for Mr Kim Myungsoo to have such loving young girlfriend." he said.

Jiyeon smiled and bowed again. 

Just then, Sungyeol came and grabbed Jiyeon by her collar, Jiyeon screamed in shock as Sungyeol stare at her with his death glare and yelled at her, "Yah, what did you do to Myungsoo? How is he now?"

Jiyeon shut her eyes tightly in pain as she groaned in pain. Sungyeol removed his grip as he looked at the checkup room. "Is he alright?" He said while pointing to the room.

Jiyeon nodded and replied, "he just fainted due to exhaustion and fatique. He's also having some high fever." 

Sungyeol nodded his head. "Mianhe.. for just now. I guess I'm too rash and scared of him. He's like my best friend since young, so I can't let anything happen to him." Sungyeol explained as he ducked his head down in embarrassment. 

Jiyeon smiled and nodded her head, "It's alright." She replied.

 

It was late at night and Jiyeon was still in the hospital. She was sitting on the fold-up chair beside Myungsoo as she gripped onto Myungsoo's hand, a tear escaped from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks as she continued to sniff on a piece of tissue paper. "Myungsoo... Wake up please." Jiyeon hummed as she started caressing his hand.

"Mmm..." A voice echoed into her ears.

Jiyeon gasped as she touched Myungsoo's shoulders and shook it. "Myungsoo, are you awoke?" She asked.

"Urgggh... where am I?" Myungsoo said weakly as he tried to pull himself up.

Jiyeon gripped onto his hand and slowly assisted him to sit up on the bed. "Are you feeling much better now?" Jiyeon asked worriedly.

Myungsoo looked at her as he pulled his hands away from her. "Why are you here?!" Myungsoo hissed at her.

Jiyeon looked down in guilt and replied, "I'm sorry for making you pass out. Have you been looking for me?" 

Myungsoo rolled his eyes and turned his body away from him. "Get lost. I shouldn't even have looked for you. Didn't I tell you not to wander around on your own? Especially when the sun's gonna set! You're really defying my orders aren't you?!" Myungsoo growled at her. 

Jiyeon remained silent and receive his scolding. "I know I shouldn't just wander around. But I just wanted to take a stroll on the street, reminiscing about my past and clear my feelings in my heart. Can't I do that?" Jiyeon explained to him.

However, feeling infuriated, Myungsoo retorted, "Then don't you know a man like me would be worried for your well-being?! God, I don't know why am I so kind and caring to you. I guess you just take it for granted." 

Jiyeon bit her lips and sniffed on her tissue paper. "I know I'm in wrong. I shouldn't just leave you with just some words and just wander off." Jiyeon apologised.

"Where did you go anyway?" Myungsoo asked in his annoyed tone.

"I went sin-gil.." Jiyeon mumbled in her low voice.

"YAH, you wanna get killed or sold to the ion house again?! Why did you go so far?! You are really getting on my nerves, arrrrgh!" Myungsoo shouted.

Jiyeon bit her lips and gripped onto his arm gently. "Myungsoo, mianhe. I won't do it again." Jiyeon said weakly. 

Myungsoo looked at her and let off a sigh. "Let me sleep, you go home. I'll get Sungyeol to drive you home." Myungsoo said as he took his phone and dialled Sungyeol.

 

 

Jiyeon was in Sungyeol's car as Sungyeol was busy driving her home. With his eyes focused on the road infront of him, Jiyeon took several glances at him as she shyly buried her head in her chest.

"Are you a shy person?" Sungyeol suddenly asked.

"Ahhh ani." Jiyeon denied.

"Well, the way you act and the way you speak tells me that you dont like to talk to anybody." Sungyeol refuted.

Jiyeon smiled and replied, "It's because of the past. That hurtful past. " Jiyeon replied which gained Sungyeol's attention. Sungyeol's eyes widened in shock and asked her about the past. Jiyeon smirked as she glanced at the passing scenery of the trees outside the car. "Those trees are so beautiful... unlike me." Jiyeon mumbled.

"My past. How I wish I could erase them from my memory.. Too bad it'd forever be a scar, a thorn in my heart." Jiyeon said as Sungyeol kept glaring at her curiously.

"Tell me." Sungyeol said.

"Do you believe I married someone before?" Jiyeon said.

Sungyeol's eyes widened.

"I was forced into a marriage. Then the guy abused me after some time. He sold me to a ion, I escaped from the ion house, landed in Gangnam. Myungsoo found me and helped me. Done. My lifes like that bad. I live my life in fear, in agony and in pain, everyday." Jiyeon spilled out as she let off a heavy sigh. 

"People tell me to enjoy my life to the fullest. How could I do that with such a hurtful past?" Jiyeon said.

"Jiyeon. Your past is past. Don't let that affect your bright future. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. You can only learn from your hurtful past and start working on your future. You've wasted time, but nows not the time to dwell in the past. Do some pride to your future." Sungyeol said, bringing some sense into her.

"Thank you.. Sungyeol-sshi. That was unexpected from you." Jiyeon said shyly.

"Yah, I am not always that cruel!" Sungyeol yelled.

 


Here's your update for today! :))) Enjoy and continue supporting this fic!

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT !

- Authornim