One

The Hurtful Past

{ Hello, Stranger }

 

[ 9:15p.m. : In the Streets of Gangnam ]

 

Cold and dark. The night sky in Gangnam was bright as usual, there were stars scattered across the sky. The bright moon illuminate the sky as it shines brightly in the sky. The alleyway was as usual, dark and moist. There were puddles of water beside the building, after the cold rain earlier on.The air was cold and dry. Gusts of wind blew across the alley, blewing away pieces of paper that were scattered on the ground.

Jiyeon spreaded her legs as she looked around her. She lifted herself up as she looked around the alleyway. It was quiet as usual. Days like this was always like this. The only people that frequent this alleyway are only drunkards, smokers and dishwashers. No one even walked past Jiyeon in times like this. Jiyeon was all covered in dirt. 

Her face was so disfigured that her face looked very terrible. She bit her lips as she slowly dragged her feet out to the streets. The big street. The big street was so much different.

There was lights, no pitch darkness surrounds her anymore. The sounds and cries of people can be heard as Jiyeon slowly stepped onto the different terrain. Concrete. She have always hidden herself in the alleyway during the day. Jiyeon looked around, she turned to the left, a crowd people's back and people's faces and front. She turned to the right, there were the same view as to the left. 

She sighed as she looked up into the sky. White pieces of soft snow fell onto her nose. It was snowing. Jiyeon place her hands in the air as another snow landed on her hand. 

Jiyeon's lips curved up as she took a huge breath. A fresh breath of air. The alleyway always stinked a lot, given all the leftovers being dumped on the alleyway, and with all the drunkards vomitting in the drain of the alleyway. 

It just felt too good to be on the main street.

However, Jiyeon eyes started to sense insecurity as she caught attention of the disgusted looks on the pedestrians. She bit her lips as she played with her fingers as she moved along the streets.

 

"Psssst... whos this girl, she stink so badly..." One girl said as she had her nose covered with her fingers as she quicken her pace.

"Aiiish, whats wrong with today? Fancy me bumping onto this ." A guy cursed as he went to the other side of the road, moving himself away from Jiyeon.

"Eeeeew, omma~ I'm feeling uneasy, that girl smells so badly!" One kid wailed as she pulled onto her mother's dress. The mother turned and gave a death glare at Jiyeon as she replied to the child, "Don't worry, they are just beggers, omma will protect you from them, so don't be afraid, arraso?" The mother rolled her eyes as she dragged the child away and fasten their pace.

 

Jiyeon sighed as she look around and she slowly pushed herself to the side of the street as she leaned her body against the shop window. The shop window contains mannequins, wearing fancy bright dresses, blouses and skirts. 

"Aaaaah, get out of here you smelly piece of crap!" The shopowner said as she grabbed onto a roll of paper and started hitting Jiyeon hard on her arms. Jiyeon flinched a bit as she quickly ran away. 

She stumbled across a bench on the street, as she took a seat on the bench. She had her eyes roaming around the street, admiring the passerbys, their friendship and romance. 

Jiyeon sighed. Flashbacks of the past came back to her mind.

 

Flashback

"I'm sorry, my omma forced you to marry me at this young age. I didn't expect you to agree with it." The man said.

Jiyeon turned around to face him and smiled, "Nevermind its ok. I need someone to take care of me when I grow up too right?" Jiyeon replied as she grabbed onto his hands as they strolled down the streets of Yeouido.

The man stopped his pace as he turned around and gripped tightly onto her hands. "I'm really thankful for you accepting this forced marriage. I would never expect you to accept, but thank you... You somehow made my life with my mom much more easier. At least she won't be able to nag to me about finding girlfriend and stuff." He said.

He cleared his throat as he her hair gently, he then continued on, "I'm really sorry though, you're still studying in the university but we had to stop you from studying in the university and marry me... I feel so bad to you, I feel like I'm stealing and broking your future." 

Jiyeon smiled and shook his head. "It's okay, as long as you promise me to take care and love me forever." 

"I will." The man said as he grinned.

End of Flashback

 

A tear rolled down her cheek as she slowly mumbled to herself, "All those is a lie... I shouldn't even have marry him. If I didn't, I would not even land myself in such a state. I'd probably be working in some prestigious company if I did not marry him."

"Hey, are you okay?" A man cried out from the back as he tapped onto my shoulders. 

Jiyeon stopped sniffing as she turned around to see a tall, beautiful figure in front of him. Her eyes sparkled as she study his features carefully. 

Big round eyes, pointed and sharp nose, full lips that was so puffy and kissable. A V-shape face and a neat hairstyle. He had this special, beautiful smile, with his bright dimple showing, his smile was truely angelic and unforgettable.

Jiyeon looked down as she pushed him aside and started running away from him. "All men are bad... They just treat me like a piece of rubbish, dumping me around." Jiyeon mumbled to herself.

The man look at the disappearing Jiyeon as he scratched his head. "What's wrong with her?" He whispered to himself as he let off a heavy, dreadful sigh and walked off.

 

It seemed like hours of running as Jiyeon landed herself at the end of the main street. She sat onto the ground, leaning her body against the shutter of a closed-down shop as she tried to catch her breath. A gust of cold wind blew past her, blowing her hair and letting her hair loose. She sighed as another tear roll down her cheeks. "That guy... he's so handsome.. but he'd treat me as bad as him." Jiyeon whispered to herself as she heard her tummy rumble in hunger. She started caressing her tummy as she sighed.

It's been a lot of hours since she last ate. She probably taken no meals today as she stare down onto the ground in dissapointment. "How am I going to live my life again." Jiyeon mumbled to herself. She then continued on, "It's been a month. A month of horror for me." Jiyeon said as a coin fell onto her legs. She looked up to see a girl tossing several coins at her and walked away with her ears plugged into the earpiece that was connected to her music player. She sighed as she picked up the few coins.

1000 won. That girl gave her 1000 won. "Am I going to live my life as a begger forever?" Jiyeon said softly as she stood up and started walking again. 

She walked and walked. It seemed hours to her again, but it was only 5 minutes of walk. She then stopped upon a huge sigh that stated, "Pretty, hot y girls available" 

Jiyeon stare at the sign in disgust. She knew she had returned back to the death trap. The street she walked to was notorious in ion, brothels, hotels and bars. Jiyeon bit her lips as her legs started trembling in fear. Her fingers started figeting vigorously as she turned her head and started running back. She ran for a few metres until she was stopped by a huge-sized man who had a big belly. He smirked evily at her as he started caressing her cheeks and her hair.

"Hey, girl... How much is it for a night with you?" The man said, smirking again.

Jiyeon's eyes widened in shock as her hand automatically sweep across his face, giving him a tight slap across the cheeks. "You... go and die. I am not going to be one forever and ever!" She screamed at him as she shoved him aside, causing him to fall onto the ground and moan in pain. 

She started sprinting. She dashed across the streets of Gangnam, running past several bright neon boards and signs as tears rolled down her cheeks uncontrollably. 

It was a few minutes of running when she started to feel her body getting weaker and weaker. She stopped on the spot as she was wobbly all over. Her feets felt light and she was slowly losing touch of herself. Her head was spinning as her vision is getting weaker and weaker. Her vision started wobbling as well as the vision became to turn blurrer and blurrer.

She grabed onto the edge of the building as she slowly and slowly dragged her feet as she lean herself on the wall. Her vision was so weak now that it turned pitch dark automatically. Her last vision was a bag of garbage, getting bigger and bigger.

She fainted onto the ground at then in the alleyway, the same alleyway as before.

 

[ 11:45p.m. In the alleyway of Gangnam ]

 

Jiyeon found herself in a bright blue room as she rubbed her eyes dreamily as she look a closer look at her hands. Her hands are all wiped, sparkling, soft and clean. Jiyeon's eyes widened in amaze as she stood up from the bed and stare at her reflection on the mirror near the bed. Her face was also clean. Those dark patches of dirt earlier on all amazingly disappeared. Jiyeon bit her lips as she looked around the room aimlessly. 

The room was clean and neat. There was a study table at the corner of the small cosy room. The bed was filled with blue pillows and white pillows. The bed linen itself was white, and the blanket itself was also blue. 

Jiyeon's mind was at loss as she started walking around the room, admiring the beautiful pieces of furniture in that blue, cozy small room. She had her hands on the table as she studied it deeply.

The table was black however, as it had a huge iMac computer on one end of the black table, there was a pencil holder and there was several stacks of paper and books arranged and stacked neatly on the black table. Jiyeon took a sit on the chair as she started turning around, she saw a blue wardrobe that struck her curiosity. 

She walked towards it and opened it, there was so many clothes stored inside. All the clothes were mainly black and blue. There was several pairs of trousers and jeans, a huge loads of t-shirts and shirts, plaid shirts, jackets, cardigans. 

"He's surely a fashionista..." Jiyeon mumbled softly to himself as suddenly the door opened.

 

That same beautiful tall figure stood in front of her. 

"Oh, you have awaken already?" He said as he walked towards her. 

Jiyeon moved back away from him as she ducked her head away from him. 

"Errr... are you okay?" The man said as he stopped his steps. 

Jiyeon nodded her head as she had her face away from him. "Are you sure?" He asked again. She nodded her head again in response.

"Anyway, my name is Myungsoo. Yours?" Myungsoo said as he smiled widely at her.

"Park... p...Park Jiyeon." Jiyeon stuttered. 

"I've prepared some food for you, lets go down?~" Myungsoo said as he walked towards her again. 

Jiyeon stepped back from him but she hit onto the wall. There was no more space for her to move back already. She was stuck and Myungsoo continued to inch forward to her. He grabbed her hands and pulled her to the kitchen.

His hands felt warm and soft as Jiyeon accepted his hands and gripped onto his hands tightly as they approach to the kitchen. There was a fresh fragrance coming from the kitchen as she had her eyes stuck onto the food that was prepared and laid neatly onto the dining counter. 

There was a huge array and variety of food on the table. There was plates of dukkbooki, and two bowls of ramyun standing on the dining counter. Jiyeon's eyes sparkled in sight as she her lips in hunger. 

"Let's eat~" Myungsoo said as he pulled the chair for Jiyeon. 

Jiyeon nodded her head as she sat on the chair, while Myungsoo went to sit beside her. They started eating their food. Jiyeon, despite having an empty stomach,  ate her ramyun slowly and gently. 

Myungsoo stare at her in amaze as he asked, "Aren't you hungry? You should be - cos the doctor said you fainted due to hunger." 

Jiyeon replied with a nod as she continued eating her ramyun slowly.

"You're... you don't talk much... don't you?" Myungso said as he smirked.

 


Here's the first update! ENJOY~~~

Author-nim