Part 9

We Were Meant To Me

 

Junhong's strange feeling grew over the next couple of weeks. He didn't know why. He didn't know why, he and Jongup had been doing exactly what they always have, but every touch from the older, ignited sparks within him. He had even started to have dreams about the boy that made him wake in the middle of the night muttering for Jongup to not leave him all alone. 
 
So he decided to ask his Umma.
 
"Umma?" he asked, wandering in to the lounge where Himchan was sat on the floor watching a drama and sorting clean underwear into piles: hubby, wifey, baby-lo and baby-min.
 
"Yes, baby?" Himchan asked not looking up from the socks.
 
"Can I ask you something?" Junhong said quietly, sitting down next to the man and picking up some blue socks and putting them on his pile.
 
Himchan stopped and looked at Junhong. "What's wrong, Jelly?"
 
Junhong didn't know how to phrase his question, so he just went for it. "How did you know you loved Appa?"
 
Himchan smiled. "Well, we were always together, so I started having feelings for him, but I didn't see it. And then this girl came along, her name was Jieun and she was very flirty round your Appa, so I got jealous, cornered him and took his first kiss before she could." Himchan laughed remembering Yongguk's face. "Appa was very surprised, of course, but then he kissed back and Banghim was born!"
 
"'Banghim'?" Junhong asked, hearing only the ual reference.
 
"Our couple name!" Himchan laughed, seeing his son blush. "'Bang' from Bang Yongguk, and the 'Him' from my name!"
 
"So you found out from your jealousy?" Junhong asked, a little confused.
 
"Sort of. But I was also really nervous round him and always trying to look my best. It was then I started taking an interest in clothes and make up, too. Why, you found someone you love, baby?" Himchan said curiously.
 
"I don't know, Umma," Junhong sighed. "I have these feelings, like I can't live without him, but..." He trailed off.
 
"You don't know if you love him," Himchan finished. "It's Jongup, isn't it?"
 
"How did you know?" Junhong asked, amazed at his Umma.
 
"Umma knows everything, darling. I've seen the way you look at him, even Appa noticed it, and he doesn't even notice what colour underwear he puts on each morning. Don't worry, baby. Everything will fall into place, eventually."
 
Himchan pulled Junhong into his embrace and kissed his forehead. He just hoped his precious little boy wouldn't get hurt. He knew Jongup wouldn't hurt him on purpose, but sometimes the older teen was just blind to what was around him. Maybe he needed a little push.
 
"Umma's got an idea, baby. Trust Umma."
 
  ---
 
"Umma?" Jongup asked that same night while Youngjae was cooking and Daehyun was watching him.
 
"Yeah?" Daehyun replied, not taking his eyes off the food his husband was making. Jongup sat there, not knowing how to ask. Daehyun looked at him, worried by his silence. "What's wrong, sweetie? Is everything OK? Nothing bothering you at school?" Daehyun asked, suddenly panicking from all the things that could possibly be wrong.
 
"No, no!" Jongup said shaking his head. "Everything's fine at school... It's just... how did you know you loved Appa?"
 
Silence.
 
Daehyun grabbed his hand. "Guppie? You're in love?" he squealed. "Tell me! Who is it?"
 
"I don't know. I just feel... weird round... ermmm... them." Jongup shuffled uncomfortably.
 
Youngjae sighed. "Gup, it's OK if you don't want to tell us yet, we completely understand. Don't we, Dae?" Youngjae looked at his husband who pouted, but still nodded. "And, we were friends ever since your Umma moved to Seoul, so I guess the feelings came from there."
 
"Not to mention that it was Himchan who helped us. He was a really teenager who kept on trying to make us 'a thing'," Daehyun finished. Jongup nodded, the information not really helping him.
 
"But how did you know?" he asked again.
 
"It just feels right, being with them," Daehyun said. "Everything they do makes you happy, unless it's something bad, and they make you smile. And  you start wanting to be perfect for them. I know I certainly felt many times that I wasn't good enough."Daehyun paused. "Does that help?"
 
"Yeah it does," Jongup replied, smiling. "Thanks Umma." He turned and ran out of the kitchen.
 
"Where are you going? Food's ready!" Daehyun shouted after him. He sighed. "Jae, our baby's growing up," he whispered.
 
Youngjae hugged him. "I know, Dae. But he'll always be our baby."
 
---
Update! Finally!
You didn't forget about it, did you???
I hope you enjoy this!
 
So for the next update: I've a week off since it's half term, but I've still got exams after, so I'll update on Tuesday!
Thank you for reading/commenting/subscribing/upvoting! <3<3<3