Part 1

We Were Meant To Me

 

"Guppie, come on wake up," Daehyun said, shaking his sleeping son slightly. "It's time for breakfast."
 
"Urgg... I don't want to," Jongup groaned, rolling over into his stomach. Daehyun sat down on the edge of his bed and rolled him back over and kissed his forehead. "Umma!" Jongup whined. "Don't do that!"
 
Daehyun pouted. "I'm not allowed to kiss my son anymore?" he said, faking sadness, but knowing Jongup was just shy.
 
"Not before I'm properly awake, no," Jongup replied, smiling his usual beautiful smile.
 
"Alright," Daehyun said. "Wake up and have a shower, then come down and eat. Appa made breakfast."
 
"Alright, Umma," Jongup said, sitting up and giving his Umma a kiss on the cheek.
 
"That's my boy," Daehyun said proudly before leaving Jongup's room.
 
Jongup pulled himself out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom across the landing. He stripped off his pajamas and threw them into the washing hamper before climbing into the shower. Once he had washed, he got out, wrapping a towel round his waist and left the bathroom for his bedroom to get changed into his school uniform. He then ran downstairs and into the kitchen to be greeted with a familiar sight.
 
Youngjae was stood at the hob making omelettes with Daehyun stood behind him, arms wrapped round the younger's waist, his head on Youngjae's shoulder. Every now and again, Daehyun would turn his head to kiss his husband's neck and then settle back onto his shoulder.
 
"Morning," Jongup said, taking his normal seat at the table.
 
Youngjae tipped the omelet he was making out of the pan and into a plate before setting it in front of his son.
 
"Morning, Guppie," Youngjae replied, sitting down at the table. Daehyun grabbed two mugs of freshly brewed coffee and gave one to Youngjae before sitting down. "Did you sleep well?"
 
"Yep!" Jongup said happily, shoving another fork-full of food into his mouth.
 
"Good," Youngjae replied, lacing his left hand with Daehyun's, their rings showing.
 
After the wedding, a few things had changed. Daehyun had started to take the meds again as they did actually work, with classes on the side to help him with his y mood while he was on them. This, as well as everything Youngjae did, managed to cure him, since it was depression and stress that had been causing all of his heart problems. He had also regained all of his memories, much to Youngjae's -and Yongguk's- excitement.
 
Youngjae had left his home in Seoul to move in with Daehyun and Jongup in the village. When Jongup was ten, they had decided to move to a bigger house which was only around the corner from their old one. Youngjae carried on working for the Yoo Corp, sometimes going to Seoul for business trips, but mostly Mr Yoo went to them, having the opportunity to visit his cute grandson and son-in-law.
 
A year after the couple had got married, Youngjae had succeeded in getting Daehyun pregnant again, much to Jongup's excitement. The pregnancy had gone smoothly, until the eighth month when Daehyun had collapsed from pain and their baby girl, Jaehwa, was lost. The couple was heartbroken and Daehyun kept on blaming himself. Every year on that day, they pray for their little girl, and a day never goes by when she creeps into their thoughts. It had been 11 years, and they still have the last ultrasound picture of her in their room next to pictures of Jongup. 
 
Jongup had been incredibly upset. He had always been his Umma's stomach and talking to his little sister,  and had even saved up all his money to buy her a toy panda, that was still sat next to his pillow next to Pikachu, and he still couldn't sleep without either of them. He would have been the best big brother a girl could ask for, although he probably would have turned into the type that would have beaten up any boy that dared to hurt her. 
 
Not that he couldn't do it if he wanted to. The boy had the best body on him his parents had ever seen, even making his Appa work out more to try to get rid if his 'baby fat' as his Umma called it -while laughing. Jongup found it hilarious.
 
Jongup looked up, just in time to see his Appa place a passionate kiss on his Umma's lips. Jongup smiled and got up to put his plate in the dish washer.
 
"I'm going to finish getting ready," Jongup said, before leaving the room.
 
"OK, Guppie," his Umma replied. "We'll be leaving in ten minutes."
 
---
Yay!! 
First chapter's up! 
Enjoy~~~