Part 8

We Were Meant To Me

 

"Hyunggie!" Junhong called. "Where did you go this morning?" Junhong ran across the canteen with his tray towards where Jongup was already sitting. Sumin was at her drama club.
 
"I lost you," Jongup said as Junhong sat down opposite him. "So I-"
 
"Sat down in the middle of the corridor?" Junhong asked, remembering all the times when Jongup had got lost and Daehyun panicking telling the search party that he'll be 'sat in the middle of the floor somewhere'. Junhong laughed when his hyung nodded. "At least you're OK now, hyunggie," the younger smiled.
 
Jongup smiled back. "Of course! Otherwise I wouldn't be having lunch with my favourite Junnie!"
 
"I'm the only Junnie you know, hyunggie," Junnie sighed, stuffing more food into his mouth.
 
"And don't you forget that you're mine!"
 
Junhong felt the blush on his cheeks from his hyung's words and grabbed his water to make it go away. He knew that he shouldn't feel like this towards his hyung, but sometimes he just couldn't help it. He meant what he said the other night when he was in his hyung's embrace: that he wanted his special person to be like his hyunggie, or better yet, his special person to actually be his hyunggie, as he couldn't imagine a life without him. He didn't know yet whether it was love like his Umma and Appa had, but he knew he wasn't going to let Jongup go so easily. He needed him.
 
"Jelly?" Jongup asked. Junhong frowned. Jongup would only call him 'Jelly' if something was really bothering him.
 
"What's wrong,  hyunggie?"
 
"How do we know where our special person is? What happens if we never find them? They could be across the country or on the other side of the world, in love with someone else, and we'll never know, or meet them," Jongup sighed. He knew he was thinking too deep, but he couldn't help it. It was like he had to know.
 
"But what happens if they are sat right in front of you?" Junhong suggested and watched his hyung frown at his question, thinking hard. He wanted to laugh, but knew Jongup would get sad if he heard Junhong laughing at him.
 
"But you're sat in front of me right now," said Jongup, confused.
 
Junhong sighed, annoyed at his hyung's stupid answer. "I meant, what if your special person had been right in front of you all that time, and you never knew it, and you ignored them, thinking that they were actually somewhere far away. But they weren't," Junhong said, trailing off at the end, wondering where that had come from, and why there was a weird feeling inside of him.
 
"That would be sad, Junnie. But it would make a great drama!" Jongup laughed and Junhong joined in, but not with his whole heart.
 
---
Update! (They are getting shorter again aren't they?)
Sorry!
Ermmmm next week, I have 10 exams from Monday to Thursday... Kill me now...
So the update will be on Saturday again... I'm so sorry! I'll try to make very good to make up for it!
 
Thank you so much for reading and to my subscribers and commenters!!! <3