Part 14

We Were Meant To Me

 

Himchan had just received a call from Yongguk saying that he had found both Jongup and Junhong and to meet him at the hospital. He wandered into his lounge, phone gripped in his hand, to see his daughter comforting the sobbing mother in his husband's embrace.
 
"Guys," Himchan said, making everyone look at him. "Yongguk found them. He's at the hospital, so we should get going."
 
"Hospital?" Daehyun asked, no longer sobbing but looking terribly worried. "Oh god." Youngjae just held him tighter.
 
"Umma," Sumin said. "Can I come?"
 
"Sorry, baby," Himchan said as he grabbed his coat. "I want you to stay here. I'm going to tell Appa to bring Jelly home, so I want you here to calm him down and get him to eat something."
 
"OK, Umma," she said, sad that she couldn't see Jongup.
 
Himchan grabbed an umbrella and went out to the car and got it started. Daehyun climbed in the back and Youngjae sat next to Himchan. All the way to the hospital, the car was filled with Daehyun's sniffles. He couldn't get his son's words out of his head. He didn't blame Jongup at all it was just that the words were mostly true. Jongup had almost lost his Appa a second time since Daehyun was so stupid and didn't let the younger explain. So yes. Daehyun agreed with Jongup that it was all his fault. But now, all he could do was worry about Jongup. He was in hospital. Daehyun knew from experience that hospitals never meant anything good.
 
When they entered the hospital they ran to the room Yongguk had said that they were in. Youngjae burst in first, the sight of his son lying immobile on the bed hooked up to various machines and drips brought back memories of Daehyun being in the same position. The father rushed to the bedside and dropped onto his knees, a tear escaping. Daehyun was soon next to him.
 
Jongup looked peaceful and beautiful just like always but it was hard not to notice his pale, burning skin.
 
"Guppie," Jae whispered, clearing his son's hair out of his face, letting his hand rest on his cheek. "I'm so sorry."
 
Himchan looked on from his place at the door before walking out to find his son. Junhong was curled up in a waiting room chair, his eyes red and puffy.
 
"Baby," Himchan said, sitting down next to Junhong. "Appa's going to take you home. I know you want to stay but you need rest. You can come back tomorrow morning." Junhong nodded. Himchan pulled him into his embrace. "I'm sorry baby. It's my fault, I should have known. But I promise to help it get better."
 
"It's not your fault, Umma," Junhong replied, a sad smile on his face. "If anything, you've helped me to see that I would do anything for him, and that he probably does have some feelings underneath it all. So I'm not going to give up. I'll stay with Jongup for as long as it takes. So, thank you, Umma." Himchan smiled and hugged Junhong tighter before sending him to find Yongguk.
 
After Junhong was on his way home, Himchan returned to Jongup's hospital room. The parents were now sat on chairs on either side of the bed, each holding one of Jongup's hands, worry written on both their faces. The doctor had already told them both that the boy should wake up soon, so all they could do was to wait.
 
It was getting close to midnight when Youngjae felt the hand in his move. Apparently Daehyun had felt it too. They watched as Jongup slowly woke,pulling him into a hug when he had.
 
"Umma?" Jongup said quietly.
 
"Oh, Guppie," Daehyun cried. "Don't you ever run off like that again, you hear me? We were so worried!"
 
"Umma! I'm so sorry!" Jongup said, starting to cry. Youngjae patted the boy's back soothingly.  "I didn't mean it!"
 
"I know you didn't, Guppie. It's fine. Umma forgives you."
 
"And maybe you can forgive Appa?" Youngjae asked.
 
Jongup tightened his hold on his parents. "Yes, Appa."
 
The family three stayed like that, in each other's embraces, happy that almost everything was sorted now. Except one thing.
 
"Guppie?" Youngjae asked. Jongup hummed. "You never did tell us why you were upset in the first place."
 
Jongup looked down. "Junnie said was stupid. I was sad that he was with someone else so I ran, but then after school I tried to tell him that I was OK with it and he got angry saying that I was stupid."
 
Daehyun and Youngjae looked at each other, but before either of them could speak, Jongup carried on. "I guess Junnie got angry because he didn't want me to be OK with him being with someone else. Maybe he wanted me to act like those drama people and get jealous and steal him away. But it doesn't matter because I guess it's like what Umma told me. He makes me smile, he makes me happy and he makes me want to be perfect."
 
---
Waaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! I'm so sorry!!!!!!
My exams made me so stressed and then I panicked....
....
....
Anyway~ I hoped you enjoyed this!
... Even though it wasn't that good... *sigh*
Thank you!<3<3<3