Part 11

We Were Meant To Me

 

Jongup ran. All he could think about was running away. He didn't want to see his Junhong hugging someone who wasn't him. He didn't even know why he had these feelings, he couldn't explain it, and he didn't want to. All he could think of doing, was running. He ran down the corridor, out the school, over the playground and field, through the garden and tennis courts until he found himself back where he started, only to run round the school again. Once he had seen the school doors for the nth time, he stopped. His heart was pounding and sweat was dripping from his body. His lungs were fighting for the oxygen he could barely breathe in and his muscles were burning and his feet throbbing. The small part of his brain that wasn't screaming at him for running so much told him to go to class. 
 
So he did. He pulled tighter on the strap of his bag and reentered the school. He walked slowly to his class, which had started over 15 before, his breath still heavy and carefully slid open the door. He bowed to the teacher, who let his lateness slide due to the fact that she loved Jongup, and took his place, which was luckily at the back of the classroom next to the window. Junhong wasn't in this class, or any of his others, so if he rushed to lunch he could buy it without meeting the younger, and then sit under the cherry blossom tree in the garden and eat it, and then return to class just after the bell rung.
 
Throughout the morning lessons, Jongup sat staring out the window, not taking notes or listening to what the teachers were rambling on about. The only thing in his mind was the mystery boy Junhong was hugging that morning. Jongup didn't know who it was, he was too occupied seeing Junhong hugging someone else to look who this 'someone else' was.
 
What if he was an admirer and he had confessed and Junhong had said yes? What if Junhong didn't actually know him, and he just wanted to hug him? What if the boy wanted to steal his Junhong? What if this boy wanted to do indecent things to the adorable boy? What if this 'someone else' wasn't a human at all, but a horrible alien from outer space who wanted to do experiments on his Junhong and out his brains and take his skin as a disguise so he could trick others into his trap?
 
Jongup felt sick at the last thought. After all, his Donghae hyung who worked in the café near the lake had told him that aliens had taken his Eunhyuk for testing, but that his brave boyfriend had fought them off, and now Donghae was scared that everyone was really an alien and he had told Jongup that aliens could take a persons skin and wear it to look human. 
 
Eunhyuk just laughed at his adorable boyfriend and then explained that what had actually happened was that he had had to go on a one day business trip suddenly and couldn't tell Donghae since his phone was dead. But Jongup still believed Donghae.
 
Jongup looked round the classroom and glared at everyone, hoping it will keep the aliens away.
 
But it didn't calm the boy. Junhong had been caught hugging a boy, and Jongup suddenly decided that it wasn't any business of his what Junhong wanted to do and who he wanted to be with. Jongup figured that that the 'special person' Junhong had recently been talking about was this boy and Jongup couldn't do anything about it.
 
It still didn't answer what he was feeling though. He couldn't describe what he was feeling or what was wrong with his heart. Maybe it was love, but it couldn't be now, could it? Junhong was hugging someone else, and so could have feelings for this other person, and, as a friend, Jongup would have to accept this and support his best friend. No matter how much it hurt.
 
Jongup managed to avoid Junhong all day, until they ended up face to face on the playground after school had ended.
 
"Hyung," Junhong started. "I'm so sor-"
 
"I get it, Junhong," Jongup interrupted, pretending not to see the younger wince at his full name. "If you want to be with him, I'll support you. That's what friends are supposed to do, right?"
 
"That's not it, hyung!" Junhong protested.
 
"You didn't have to hide it from me though," Jongup said, ignoring what the younger had just said. "I'll always support-"
 
"Shut up hyung!" Junhong shouted, drawing the attention of students near them. He couldn't help it though, he was annoyed and hurt that Jongup would even think like that for one second. "You're so thick sometimes! How the hell am I even friends with someone who is so stupid?" Junhong was about to plead for Jongup to just listen to what really happened, but the watery eyes of his hyung stopped him. 
 
He couldn't believe what he had just said. He knew how much his hyung hated being called stupid, it was what his old bullies used to call him, and now he, Jongup's best friend, had said it without thought.
 
And now, Jongup was running away from him again.
 
---
*cries*
I'm so sorry!!!!!!!
...
Wow... That's long
Haha~ 
Thank you!<3
Next update: Sunday! <3<3<3