chapter 7

i'm falling and i like it

 

Charlotte POV

            On my way home from school, I felt very happy inside.

            ‘ Hey! You okay?’ my brother asked me.

I simply nodded. I felt my brother’s gaze piercing at me.

            ‘ focus on the road crazy oppa. Do you want us to die?’ I scolded him.

Jinwoon was surprised by my sudden attack and focused on the road. I did a little victory dance in my seat.  When we arrived, I quickly got off the car and ran straight to my room, not forgetting to grab a piece of bagel on the dinner table. I had loads of homework to do tonight and had to study for an upcoming history test… urghh history, my worst subject that I would love to get a passing grade on no matter how low it is. After studying for 2 hours straight, I went to bed and had no dreams. Its been a long time since I dreamt nothing. This means that my head is now at peace and my stress is gone. How I missed nothing.

           

            The next day, I was so lazy to go to school. I decided to go later around lunchtime since the first 5 periods were all boring and easy. I overslept till around 10 and started to take a quick shower.  Then, I went down and ate my breakfast. The chef prepared some eggs and bacon for me. yummy!  Since I’m not hurrying to go to school, I ate calmly while watching some news. When it was around 12, my driver was waiting outside for me to go to school. I said a small ‘ good morning’ and went inside the car. On the way to school, I slept a little bit since the school was half an hour from my house.

            ‘ miss, wake up. we’ve arrived.’ The driver said.

            ‘ oh thank you ahjusshi.’ I said while getting out of the car. I bowed to him before walking into school. I took a deep breath and walked into school. The classrooms were empty because everyone was in the canteen. I walked happily to my locker to get some books for music class and science. After a short trip to the locker area, I decided to grab a light snack and sit outside near the trees. After buying the snack and sitting down, back facing a large tree, I felt a rush of icy cold water all over my body. I wasn’t expecting that, so I jumped a bit.

            ‘ oh look. Miss wannabe is scared of water. Pfft.. stop acting strong cause you’re not. you’re just a lame selfish arrogant that wants popularity and attention.’ Kyungri said looking down at me.

I felt a slight of anger but heaps of annoyance.

            ‘ piss off.’ I said while eating my melon bread and reading my science notes. My voice was filled with anger and confidence, but I was actually feeling really cold inside. I’m surprised she doesn’t notice me shivering. I don’t really like cold things on my body and my uniform was pressing on me. I felt really uncomfortable.

            ‘ why should we?’ she said with a smirk.

            ‘ well because you people are annoying and because I said so.’ I saw uninterested.

            ‘ we will leave you if you’ll stay away from 2pm. Didn’t we warn you last time? And didn’t we say that they’re just playing with you? Such a foolish girl.’ Kyungri said while flipping her hair. The other girls just played with their nails and paid no attention.

            ‘ didn’t I tell you that they’re the ones bothering me? and stop giving telling me crap cause i ain’t gonna believe it.’ I said.

Since we’re quite far away from the canteen, no one could see nor hear us.

            ‘ they are not bothering you, you just want them to! Because of you , the 2pm guys stopped talking with me and leaving us alone for you! And don’t tell me you hate them because my girls saw the “fun” game you and Nichkhun-oppa had. There’s no way in hell we’re going to let you have peace in this school again if you keep hanging around with them.’ Kyungri said.

Oh, so she was the game? Well, then she could see how I beat her so called oppa in a bball game.

            ‘ Well too bad this isn’t hell. And it’s not my fault they’re staying away from you. Maybe they realized what a waste of time people like you are.’ I said paying no interest in what else she’s going to say. Suddenly, I felt hands pulling my hair with lots of power.

            ‘ OUCH!!!’ I winced. It hurt like HELL. Kyungri just stood there smiling while her girls were holding both of my arms and pulling my hair. It started from pain to annoyance to anger. I fiercely pushed the girls off me. Then, I felt colder water spilled on to me. oh God, why did you pick today for a cold weather. My skirt was a little wet, but my blouse was drenched. I grabbed kyungri and hugged her super tight, then pushed her against the tree and said,

            ‘ thanks for being my towel and stay away from me. I just wasted 1/3 of my lunch time talking to you people. Thanks a lot.’ While pushing her against the tree and letting her go. The air became colder and I started shivering. When I was going to walk towards the clinic, I bumped into someone’s chest. I looked up and so no other than Nichkhun and people.

            ‘ sup’ I said and tried to walk away. They grabbed my arm and looked at me.

            ‘ OMG! You’re here!! … omo! What happened charlotte? You’re soaked!’ Taecyon said with a high pitched voice. It was funny seeing his motherly side.

            ‘ oh nothing… I urm… fel--ll in the lake… yeah’ I said a little bit stuttering. It was so cold and  I couldn’t stop shivering.

            ‘ are you okay? you look cold.’ Minjun said.

            ‘ I’m fine… I’ll just buy a new uniform.’ I said trying to get out of their grasps.

            ‘ Ya, how can u fall in the lake without getting your skirt wet?’ Nichkhun asked.

O shoot. Forgot about that. I started mentally slapping myself.

            ‘… no comment’ I said.

When they were about to say something, someone yelled behind me.

            ‘OPPA! She’s a devil! Look what she did!?!’ kyungri said. Ahhh.. her again.

When I looked around, she was quite soaked from my hug earlier and her girls had bruises on their arm. I chuckled a bit.

            ‘ see! She’s laughing at us!’ she said pointing at me.

            ‘ ahahaha… just funny. I would’ve done something worse if it isn’t for this cold weather.’ I said smiling. The guys started to look at me then at her, then back at me.

            ‘ you did that?’ Wooyoung asked holding his laughter. Some of the guyes were pretending to be serious, but I knew they wanted to laugh, except Nichkhun and Minjun who had solid expressions.

            ‘ she did this.’ I pointed at my soaked shirt and hair. I was surprised that I said that and looked down. I don’t want them to know… they’ll be angrier and she’ll bully me more! the 2 guys expressions changed from serious to anger. Nichkhun was glaring at kyungri while Minjun was squeezing the water from my hair. The other guys seemed shocked too and started glaring at kyungri.

            ‘ stop bothering her.’ Nichkhun said very coldly.

            ‘ why? She keeps bothering me.’ kyungri replied.

            ‘ when?’ Nichkhun asked back making sure his glare isn’t too powerful to kill.

            ‘ since she was born.’ Kyungri said while smirking.

Ouch, that hit me pretty hard. Tears were starting to form in my eyes, but I held it back. That was so rude. The pain hurt more than her slaps, which gained no pain. The guys started fuming with anger and wanted to kick kyungri on her plastic face.

            ‘ oh come on. she’s poor, ugly, worthless. What do you guys even see in her?’ kyungri asked while chuckling.

            ‘ unlike you I have a brain.’ I said blankly.

The guys chuckled. Kyungri seemed really mad. The bell ringed reminding students that lunch time was over. Kungri and her girls walked away. I started walking towards the clinic without telling them. Suddenly, a warm hand stopped me.

            ‘ where are you going? Isn’t music class the other way?’ nichkhun asked.

            ‘ I need to get a new blouse cause as you can see, I’m soaked.’ I answered simply.

            ‘ well ,I’ll go with you.’ He paused

Nichkhun's hands were super warm. I don't want him to let go of my arm cuz of how warm it is. if his hands are this warm, imagine how much warmer i can feel if he hugged me... i need warmness!

‘ guys! I’m gonna go with her to get some dry clothes. see ya.’ He yelled to the other guys.

            ‘ ok. Bye charloootte.’ They said and waved.

Nichkhun POV

            I can’t believe Kyungri said that to her. I really wanted to push her to the ground and end her life. That was so rude. She shouldn’t have said that to Charlotte. When I looked at her, I saw that she was constantly shivering from the coldness and something wet on her eyes. I bet she wanted to cry. Any person girl or boy would’ve been said if someone said something like that to them. Charlotte’s shivering won’t stop and her chest kept moving up and down very fast. I wonder what’s wrong. When she said she was going to get a new blouse, I wanted to go with her to keep her safe, so I did. I need to protect her from Kyungri and other people. 

 

Charlotte POV

I waved them back and started walking towards the clinic. When we were there, I asked if they have a clean inhaler for me to use. I have asthma and needed the inhaler. The coldness was shortening my breathes and making it hard for me to breathe. Nichkhun heard what I asked for.

            ‘ charlotte, you have asthma?’ he asked.

I simply nod and used the inhaler quickly. I bowed a thank you and went towards the book store. When we were walking, the air started to get colder and I sneezed. His hands still holding mines. 

            ‘ hey, you wanna go back to the clinic? you’re gonna get sick if nothing is keeping you warm. It’s warm there and I can fetch a new blouse for you.’ He said.

I shake my head kept walking. Nichkhun stopped me and wrapped his jacket on me. I was a bit shocked but let it be since the jacket was so warm. I didn’t feel comfortable wearing his jacket because I knew it’d get wet. I pulled my hand of his and tried taking the jacket off but he stopped me.

            ‘ your jacket will get wet you know.’ I told him.

            ‘ I don’t care. I can dry it later. You’ve been shivering from earlier and I know it’s really cold. I don’t want you to get sick.’ He said shyly.

            ‘ pffft. Why are you so worried about me? I won’t get sick.’ I told him. I couldn’t believe he’s so kind.

He just shrugged. When we arrived in the book store, I bought a new blouse and secretly paid it with my card. Nichkhun offered to pay, but I kept saying no. He probably think I’m poor and blah blah blah so he wanted to pay for me. I changed my blouse and pulled khun out the door.

            ‘ kaja’ I said to him as we walked to music class. 

 

YAY!! UPDATEE!!  hehe... i had some free time and really wanted to update ^^