chapter 12

i'm falling and i like it

 

 Charlotte POV

‘ oh btw, guys,  this is my sister, Dae Chae Rim.’ Oppa said while smiling.

I froze. I couldn’t move my feet and I believe I’m sweating right now. All 6 guys were looking at me in disbelief. I could see that my brother’s confused.

            ‘ dongsaeng, come and sit down. We don’t want to keep the guests waiting.’ Oppa said.

I tried to act cool and stop my heart from beating too fast. I took some deep breaths in and out.

            ‘ I’m not hungry.’ I said and tried to speed walk away. My brother caught my hand and dragged me to an empty seat.

            ‘ How can YOU not want food? Aren’t you like married to food?’ my brother teased me. some of the guys chuckled, but the others kept staring.

My brother then gave me a plate of pasta and told me too eat well. I just nodded and ate while looking down on my lap. I couldn’t look at them.

            ‘ so guys, this girl is my sister. Isn’t she prettyyy??’ my brother cutely asked.

I kicked him and he shrieked in pain.

            ‘ Ya! What the hell’s your problem??!’ he screamed at me.

            ‘ you and your worth puking aegyo.’ I said. The other guys just nodded.

            ‘ anyways, do you guys know my sister?’ oppa asked.

Okay, so just pretend I don’t them and say that they’ve mistaken me for someone else. Okay then. THAT’S THE PLAN!

            ‘ what are you talking about oppa? I’ve never seen them in my life before.’ I lied.

            ‘ oh, so you’re not the infamous Charlotte Dae who held hands with our friend over there?’ Minjun pointed at Nichkhun.

            I turned red as a tomato remembering that. ‘ nope.’ I lied.

            ‘ liar.’ Nichkhun scoffed. His face also red.

            ‘ Ya! Watch your mouth.’ I barked at him.

            ‘ so not polite Ms. Dae.’ Nichkhun said.

            ‘ so what? Is it a problem face?’ I blurted. Nichkhun looked quite pleased.

I realized what I said and covered my mouth… CRAP!!!

            ‘ Yah! Don’t call a person you just met that! Who taught you that?!’ my brother yelled at me.

            ‘ you, pabo.’ I said to him.

            ‘ Jin Woon hyung, we’re not strangers to her… we’re her friends.’ Chansung said.

            ‘ woa… my sister have more friends? What happened to you sis??’ my oppa teased me.

            ‘ What do you mean hyung? What’s wrong with her having friends?’ Taecyon asked.

            ‘ oh, it’s just that in her pre- ouch!’

I elbowed him on the stomach. This guy is just revealing my secrets one by one! GOSH…

            ‘ It’s nothing. Stop being curious and eat.’ I coldly say.

They all started eating and I finally felt relaxed. Suddenly, Hana unnie came into the room.

            ‘ Young master, your father is on the phone and wants to speak with you.’ She said.

            ‘ oh, guys gotta take the call. I’ll be back.’ Oppa said and went to the office room.

After he went, silence filled the air. Awkwardness was filling the room. I kept eating the food and played with my fingers. I can feel the guys staring at me. I got annoyed with them staring.

            ‘ ya, don’t stare at someone who’s eating. So impolite.’ I said coldly.

When they finally stopped staring, I looked up. I guessed they felt me staring at them and looked up too.  They all wanted to say something but couldn’t. I was just waiting for them to make fun of me or get angry with me. I’m just waiting…

            ‘ Charlotte-ah…you have so many secrets.’ Wooyoung chuckled. The rest of them nodded except Nichkhun… who still seemed confused.

Aren’t they angry at me for lying? Or at least teasing me about it…or even say some mean words.

            ‘ aren’t you guys like angry at me? or want to make fun of me?’ I asked them curiously. When they said that, I felt something I’ve never felt before.

            ‘ why should we be mad? We’re actually quite happy that we learned something new about you…’ Junho said with his eye-smile. The others smiled at me too. Minjun oppa took my hand and squeezed it. I’ve never felt this before… what is it called??... Acceptance. This is maybe the first time I feel, accepted.

            ‘ what’s wrong with you? You look really lost right now.’ Minjun asked.

            ‘ um it’s nothing... it’s just that I don’t know how to react to your comments…’ I said honestly.

            ‘ what do you mean?’ Nichkhun asked. Finally he said something that won’t piss me off.

            ‘ I’ve never really felt… accepted. You know like how you guys would just accept me as your friend even though I lied about my status.’ I said to them.

They all looked at me with sad eyes. Minjun squeezed my hand tighter. I gave them a nice smile. A sincere one. They replied it with a smile.

            ‘oh, btw… please don’t tell anyone about my so called rich life… I don’t want anyone to know.’ I shyly said to them.

They agreed and we did a pinky promise to seal the deal.

            ‘ so about the scholarship thing, did you lie?’ Junho asked. Everyone was curious.

            ‘ of course not. I did get that scholarship. I’m smart you know!’ I defended myself.

They all smiled and some even laughed.

            ‘ okay, now let’s stop smiling and go back to eating.’ I said as I remembered about my pasta.

The guys just laughed. I felt really happy. For some reason…

 

Nichkhun POV

            When I saw Charlotte, I couldn’t believe it. And when she lied about not knowing us, I felt hurt. I think the other guys did too. Her life sure is a mystery.  I kept staring at her confused because I still don’t understand the situation. When she asked us about why we weren’t angry with her, I couldn’t think one reason why we should be. I can’t believe that she’s never felt accepted before…  but what does she mean? And finally, when she smiled, I thought I was looking at a broken angel. So fragile but beautiful. When we finished eating, one of the maids told us that Jin Woon hyung had to go to the office.

            ‘ what kind of friend is he? Leaving HIS guest in his sister’s hands.’ Minjun said.

            ‘ he is my brother…’ Charlotte sighed. We chuckled a bit.

            ‘ oh and btw, he said something’s about you…’ Chansung said.

            ‘ well, I’ll get him later’ Charlotte simply responded.

            ‘ oh, guys it’s getting late. Let’s go home.’ Wooyoung said.

I looked at the clock and it was nearly 10pm. I didn’t want to go home. I still want to ask Charlotte some things.

            ‘ yeah, let’s go… I’m getting sleepy.’ Chansung said.

Charlotte showed us the way to the door.

            ‘ well I hope you guys had a great time.’ She said in monotone.            

             ‘we sure did!!’ Taecyon hyung excitedly said.

            ‘ Well then, we should get going… goodnight Charlotte.’ Minjun said and walked to the car.

The others said goodnight and started walking towards the car.

            ‘ what are you waiting for? Go!’ Charlotte said in english and slapped my arm.

            ‘ dude, that hurt…’ I whined. I still needed to ask her some things.

            ‘ don’t turn into aegyo man like Wooyoung. Now hurry up… mosquitoes are gonna come in if you don’t hurry your out.’ She said.

            ‘ fine, but I wanna ask you some questions first.’

She nodded, signaling me to go on.

            ‘ okay, so w-

HONK!

            ‘ wait a minute!’ I yelled at the impatient hyung.

            ‘ okay, so as I was saying. Who did you call oppa yesterday on the phone?’ I asked a dumb question.

            ‘ why should I tell you? It’s none of your business.’ She said to me.

            ‘ oh come on…if you’re not going to answer me, then I’ll tell the guys it’s your boyfriend.’ I said to her.

            ‘ how bout if it is?’ she teased. The thought of that made my quite angry. I could see that she saw my anger.

            ‘ Nichkhun-shi, the guy that I called yesterday was my brother pabo!’ she said while smiling. She’s so pretty when she smiles…

            ‘ oh really? Well okay then.’ I smiled back at her.

            ‘ well I could see Minjun’s getting impatient there… you should probably go.’ she said.

            ‘ yeah, I should.’ I said back.

            ‘ urm, so goodnight!!’ she said and pushed me outside.

            ‘ byeeee’ I said and waved at her.

            ‘ bye, oppaaa.’ She said as she closed the door.

I felt happy that she called me oppa again… hehehe.

When I entered the car, the guys gave me a dirt look.

            ‘ what were you doing?’ Taecyon asked.

            ‘ getting candy.’ I lied and showed them a piece of chocolate in my pocket.

They saw the candy, but didn’t really believe my story. They decided to let that one go. wkwkwk.

            ‘ oh, btw… hyung, tomorrow we have a charity event to go to. It’s the UNICEF one. My mom just text me about it and said that our tuxes are at the dorm.’ Wooyoung said.

I nodded. I wonder is Charlotte will be there too… her dad is the most important person in Korea…

 

 

 

 

Charlotte POV

I felt happy teasing him. I think that if I did that for my life career, I would earn a lot of money! ^^ after they left, I went to the living room to watch some TV. I watched an old re-run of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. as I was watching, I hear some footsteps entering the room.

            ‘ Yo sis!’ my brother yelled and hugged me.

            ‘ oh, hi. Your friends went home.’ I said to him.

            ‘ I know.. so did you have fun with them?’ he asked.

            ‘ sure?’ I answered.

            ‘ so… I didn’t know you had A LOT of friends…’ he said.

            ‘ not a lot… only them.’ I said to him.

            ‘ how bout the one’s you walked with yesterday?’ he asked.

            ‘ they’re them, pabo!!’ I said and threw him a pillow.

            ‘ ouch, gosh… you don’t need to use violence..’ he whined.

I rolled my eyes.

            ‘ oh an sis, the dress for tomorrow’s in your room. Hana just put it inside.’ He said.

I simply nodded. As we watch the show, I keep wondering if 2pm will be in the charity event too…

 

new update!! ^^This chapter was not quite satisfying... but maybe that's just me?