chapter 14

i'm falling and i like it

 

Charlotte POV

            After 30 minutes of sleep, I was awaked by my brother’s annoying voice. When we arrived, I saw many reporters and many important people there. I didn’t really want to go inside since the reporters will attack my brother and me… and I don’t like the flashes from the cameras… they make my eyes watery…

            ‘ are you ready?’ Jin Woon asked.

            ‘ no.’ I simple replied.

He chuckled and carefully opened the car door. Our driver helped him with the door and opened it widely. When we both were out of the car, I quickly put my professional face on.

            ‘ look! The Dae siblings!’ a reporter shouted.

With that being said, every reporter was trying to ask us questions and cameras were flashing a little too much. I felt that my eyes were starting to get watery, so I held oppa’s hand and squeezed it. He looked at me and nodded. The reporters kept asking questions about dad’s whereabouts… we just kept quiet. Then, he called the bodyguards to help us. After 10 minutes, we finally reached the inside of the building and head towards the sign-in table.

            ‘ ah, good evening Mr. and Ms. Dae… you both look stunning tonight.’ The lady said.

            ‘ oh thank you very much.’ We both said and bowed.

            ‘ your table number 14 and you’ll be sharing it with 6 other people.’ She said.

We kindly nodded and head to our table. Our table was at the front.

            ‘ oppa, who are we gonna share our table with?’ I asked as we sat down.

            ‘ I don’t know… hope they’re good people.’ He said and smiled.

People were starting to sit down and the event was slowly started, but the 6 people that we shared our tables here weren’t at the event yet… I guess they’re late.

 

Nichkhun POV

            ‘ yah hyung!! We’re late!!’ Wooyoung shouted to Taec.

            ‘ I know, I know…’ tace said as he ran out to the car.

I looked at my watch and saw that we were 10 minutes late.. aish… I hope our table’s at the back.

When we were all inside the limo, the driver knew that we were late, so he droved really fast. Since the building where the event will take place was close to our villa, we arrived in 15 minutes. We all quickly ran into the building and towards the sign-in table. The reporters weren’t outside anymore, so it was easy to enter the building.

            ‘ ah, good evening sirs… I believe you are 20 minutes late.’ The lady chuckled.

            ‘ yeah.. we had some minor dillemas..’ Minjun hyung said as he eyed Taec.

            ‘ hey, it’s not my fault a random cat went inside our villa and peed on my tux.’ Taec said.

the lady chuckled again and told us that our table number is 14… a front table. Aish… this is so going to be embarrassing.  Since we were late, we ran full speed towards the room and opened the door forcefully.

            ‘ kyaaa’ someone screamed.

Everyone’s eyes went to the back and saw a waitress being knocked down by the door. Then, their eyes escalated to us… we all looked down and helped the waitress.

            ‘ mianhae..’ we said to the waitress. She just nodded and went to our seats.

            ‘ sorry, excuse me, coming through, sorry, excuse me, sorry, sorry, excuse me, thank you.’ We said as we walked towards our table. Wooyoung tripped on someone’s feet and fell twice. Taec knocked 3 glasses. Minjun hyung was slapped by a woman because he accidently touched her . Chansung knocked over 2 waitresses. Junho’s watch was caught in someone’s hair. And finally, I stepped on over 3 people’s foot. When we sat down, almost everyone was annoyed by our entrance. Oops. The MC looked at us for a second and went back to speaking.

            ‘ hyung, that was so embarrassing… our parents are gonn kill us if they find out.’ Chansung whispered to all of us.

As we listened to the MC talking about money, our eyes directed to 2 people who was whispering and laughing quietly. It was kind of annoying… they were playing with their tabs and laughing… so impolite and childish.

‘ okay, now we are going to invite the man who made this all happen, Mr. Dae Ji Wook.’ The MC said.

we all clapped and waited for the man to come up, but no one came. Suddenly, a man whispered to the MC’s ear and the MC spoke again.

‘ our dear Mr. Ji Wook could not attend this event for business reasons, so we ask his son, Dae Jin Woon to come up.’

when we heard his name, we were both happy and shocked. Suddenly, the 2 people who sat with us stopped laughing. The girl elbowed the guy and told him to go up on the stage. When they lifted their faces, I could see they were shocked to see us because we were shocked to see them too.

Charlotte POV

When I looked up, I saw 2pm sitting around us … I was a little bit surprised, and somehow happy. I can see that they were shocked too. My brother then went on stage and said a few words. I kept looking at my brother and avoided their gazes. I was a little surprised when I saw that Nichkhun sat beside me, but I was also happy too. After the talking ended, it was time to chat and mingle with each other. Most of the people here were old people and were talking about businesses. We decided to stay seated and keep eating. I guess the 2pm members did the same thing.

‘ hey guys…’ my brother said.

‘ sup hyung.’ They said back.

After the sort greeting, I felt like they were staring at me. I looked back and fought there stare. Some of them backed down, except my brother and Nichkhun. My brother kindly gestured me to say hello. I was lazy to talk so I just bowed.

            ‘ aww… Charlotte-ah.. why so mean??’ Taecyon said.

I just shrugged at kept eating.

            ‘ well maybe because food is all she thinks about… did you know that you can ask her to do anything if you just giver her food?’ Nichkhun suddenly said.

as I he said that, I remembered the time he offered me free lunch for 2 weeks and I couldn’t resist his offer. Well, what he said was kind of true…

            as we continued to chat, I saw 3 people walking towards us… I kind of knew who they were and wanted to excuse myself from the table and avoid them. When I was about to stand up, Nichkhun blocked my way.

            ‘ Ya, where are you going? Don’t blow us off here..’ he whsipered and looked at me.

            ‘ I just have to go to the.. urmm… r-restroom.’ I said and was about to stand up, but he grabbed my hand and pulled me back down.

            ‘ don’t make excuses…’ he said.

I wanted to tell him to let go, but I was too late. I felt a hand on my shoulder and arm. I shivered from how cold the hand was. As I looked up, I saw them.  Mr. and Ms. Kim with their son, Kim Kyung Soo.

            ‘ Well, hello there Chae Rim and Jin Woon.’ Ms. Kim said.

Oppa saw who it was and his face became sour.

            ‘ Anyeong Haseo.’ We both stood up and bowed.

The 2pm guys also bowed.

            ‘ you look beautiful tonight Chae Rim-shi. oh and Jin Woon-shi, you look very handsome.’ Mr. Kim said.

I gave them a fake smile.

Suddenly, I felt an someone’s arm around my waist… since I was very ticklish, I freaked a little bit. I looked to my side and saw Kyung Soo smiling while his arm was around my waist. My face became slightly red and I was annoyed. I could see that my brother was growling inside and that the 2pm guys were mad, especially khun.

            ‘ anyeong Chae Rim-ah… long time no see.’ Kyung Soo said and gave a peck on my cheeks.

… did that guy just kiss me? if his so called parents weren’t here, I would’ve ripped him into pieces already.

            ‘ uh.. hehe.’ I faked laugh.

I could see Jin Woon oppa’s fist tightened and saw the 2pm guys eyeing Kyung Soo. Nichkhun was holding the chair to restrain him from killing Kyung Soo. Mr. and Ms. Kim just kept smiling. With my free hand, I pulled Kyung Soo’s arm from my waist and harshly threw it away.

            ‘ Chae Rim-ah… why so mean?’ he pouted.

I gave him a smile and looked away.

            ‘ so what do you guys need?’ Jin Woon oppa asked harshly.

            ‘ um, nothing actually.. we just came by to say hi.’ Mr. Kim said.

            ‘ well you said hi.. so bye!’ I said and pushed Kyung Soo away.

            ‘ Well we also wan-

            ‘ Mr. Kim! Hello!’ another guy said.

            ‘ oh we better get going now… it was nice seeing you two.. and say hi to your dad for us.’ Mr. Kim said and went towards the guy. Ms. Kim hugged both Jin Woon and I and went away. Kyung Soo was going to kiss me again, but Nichkhun stopped him.

            ‘ go before we kill you.’ He said.

Kyung Soo scoffed and went away. I sighed.

            ‘ Are you okay?’ Jin Woon asked.

            I simply nodded.

            ‘ Charlotte-ah! You okay??’ the 2pm guys asked me.

            ‘ I’m fine.. jeez.’ I said in english.

They laughed along with Jin Woon oppa.

            ‘ Wow… you look beautiful Charlotte-ah..’ Wooyoung said.

            ‘ thanks..’ I smiled. I remembered the first time we met… he called me hot and pretty. Hehehe.

            ‘ and hyung, you look so… old.’ Wooyoung Joked.

            ‘ YA! Wanna die?’ Jin Woon oppa said.

we chuckled. While Minjun and Chansung was talking to oppa, the others kept complaining about Kyung soo.

            ‘ how dare he?!?’ Taecyon said and wiped my cheeks with tissue.

            ‘ hehehe.. dude stop it! You’re erasing the make-up!’ I said.

            ‘ sorry..’ he said back.

When everyone was talking, Nichkhun grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the dessert area. He then grabbed a tissue and kept wiping my cheeks.

            ‘ Ya!! My makeup!! My face!!’ I yelled at him.

            ‘ I don’t’ care.. you look better without it anyways.’ He said, I blushed. What’s wrong with me?!? BLUSH?!?

When he was done ho looked at me.

            ‘ what?’ I asked.

            ‘ don’t you ever let someone do that to you again…’ he said in a shy voice.

            ‘ I know… it was annoying and very uncomfortable!! I was surprised he did that too.’ I said.

            ‘ well next time, the 2pm guys, including myself, will protect you.’ Nichkhun said.

I nodded.

            ‘ oh and by the way… I know Wooyoung said this but, you look very b-beautiful tonight.’ He said.

I blushed a little and smiled.

           ' well, you look very handsome tonight... oppa.' i shyly said. 

           ' and not everyday?' he teased.

           ' sadly no.' i smirked. 

            ‘ we should go back to our table… the guys might be looking for us.’ I said.

he nodded and lead the way. 

 

nyehehehe... update!!