chapter 13

i'm falling and i like it

 

Charlotte POV

            Last night, I slept well. No bad dreams or even any dreams. I liked it… so moving on, I’ll be attending the charity event for UNICEF this evening and I don’t really know what I’ll wear… oppa said Hana unnie hanged it somewhere in the room. Well, since it’s still 8:30am, I’ll just find it later.

            As I went downstairs to eat some breakfast, I saw my dad watching some news.

            ‘ hey daddy.’ I greeted and walked over to the couch he’s sitting on.

            ‘ hey princess, ready for tonight?’ he asked.

            ‘ sure… are you coming?’ I asked curiously. Well actually, I kind of know his answer to this question or any other question like this.

            ‘ I can’t.. I have to go to Japan in an hour for a business meeting.’ He said pouting… is this guy for real? Using aegyo in front of his own daughter, who hates aegyo so much?!

            ‘ ew daddy… and I suppose you’ll be coming back around tomorrow? Oh wait, it’s Japan. I meant next week?’ I sort of asked and said. I knew that it’d be like this. Dad leaving me and Jin Woon at home attending a charity event that he’s supposed to attend and not coming back until the next week.

            ‘ I’m sorry sweetie… I really wanted to attend.’ He said. I also know that he is lying. my dad is just like me, professionals at lying and we both hate classy events. Since he’s my dad and I love him, I’ll let this go.

            ‘ it’s okay daddy… I know that the business meeting is more important..’ I said.

            ‘ thanks for understanding, Chae Rim.’ He said and gave me a sweet smile.

            ‘ well, I better go now.’ He said and kissed my forehead. I waved him goodbye and he was out of the house.

I sighed and walked towards the dining room. I saw that there were some toasts and cereal being laid out. I took a bowl and poured it with milk and my favorite cereal, Honey Stars. I then made another bowl for my brother. I took both bowls and head towards my brother’s room. When I reached his door, I pushed the handle with my elbow and kicked the door open.

            ‘ WAKE UP OPPAAAA!’ I yelled as I put down the bowls of cereal on his work table.

I suddenly felt someone hugging me from the back.

            ‘ dongsaeng… it’s still early!!??’ Jin Woon yelled in my ear.

I elbowed his stomach and turned around.

            ‘ I don’t care and put a shirt on!’ I said.

He nodded and grabbed a shirt from the laundry pile.

            ‘ I brought some cereal for you!’ I cheered happily and gave a bowl to him.

            ‘ oh thanks… why are you so kind this morning?’ he asked while eating.

            ‘ well I know for a fact that the only way to wake your lazy up is to be nice to you in the morning.’ I smiled.

            ‘ well played sis, well played.’ He nodded.

After eating, he offered to bring the bowls down and told me to take a shower. How nice of him… not. I was too lazy to go back to my room and take a shower, so I used his bathroom. After a nice quick shower, I wrapped myself with a big towel and went out of the bathroom.

            ‘ woa sis.. put some clothes on!! why are you being so gross in the morning?!?!’ he yelled at me.

            ‘ shut up and why are you so shocked?? We’re siblings! Gosh, you and your weird mind.’ I scoffed and went outside his room. when I arrived inside my room, I got some fresh clothes and put them on. it was still 12 pm…  more hours till the event.

            As I was playing with my laptop, Hana unnie came in.

            ‘ Charlotte-ah, your stylists are here…’ she said. As she opened the door wider, I saw Yeong Ah unnie, Johnny oppa, and Yeni unnie coming in.

            ‘ anyeong haseo Chae Rim-shi.’ they all greeted and and bowed.

            ‘ hi.’ I said.

            ‘ okay, so what concept are you going for tonight? Elegant? Colorful?’ Yeong Ah unnie asked.

            ‘ urm… i think we should look at the dress first.’ I said and grabbed it from my closet. Hana unnie told me earlier where it was.

The dress was red and short. I liked it very much. It had a classy fell to it and looked very cute.

            ‘ wow, this dress is amazing.’ Johnny oppa said.

I smiled at him.

            ‘ so, what kind of makeup do you want?’ Yeni unnie asked.

            ‘ I would just want something simple… like some eyeliner and some eye shadow with some light peach/pinky blush on’ I said. I wasn’t sure how it would turn out, but I just want it to be simple. They all nodded and started to get working.

            ‘ oh and you can do whatever with my hair,’ I said. They nodded and continued working.

After 4 hours of non-stop make-up trials and hairdos, I’m finally done. Johnny oppa gave me a mirror and I was astonished. The make-up was simple but beautiful.

My stylists were pleased with their work. They told me to wear the dress now because it was almost time to go.

After putting on my dress, I looked in my mirror. Woah… so different. I actually look quite beautiful. When the stylists saw the final look, their eyes were glowing. Johnny oppa, being the drama queen shed some tears. I thanked them and hugged them goodbye. After they left, I sat down looking in the mirror. I smiled at my reflection, but then, my eyes caught a beautiful picture of my mother. as I looked at it, I can see myself in her picture, so beautiful… but I can’t beat her beauty. My mother’s too beautiful compared to me. Suddenly, the door opened. My brother walked in with a stunning black tuxedo.

            ‘ wow oppa, you look quite handsome..’ I teased.

            ‘ ya! I always look handsome.’ He said back. I rolled my eyes.

            ‘ oh and sis, you look …stunning!’ he said while holding my hands.

            ‘ are you serious?’ I chuckled.

He just nodded repeatedly. I smiled at him.

            ‘ um excuse me but, the car is ready to take you both to the event.’ Hana unnie said.

we both nodded and head our way downstairs. Oppa wore his black party shoe and I wore some simple heels. We both went inside the car and sat down.

            ‘ oppa, is the place far?’ I asked.

            ‘ kind of… if you’re sleepy, just sleep first okay?’ he said.

I nodded and put my head on his shoulders, drifting into dreamland. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________The clothes: 

http://www.juxtapost.com/site/permlink/dc070350-9b3b-11e1-81fd-d70739455375/post/perfect_classy_red_dress/ (Charlotte's dress)

http://jessicachoibeauty.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/2_100201125224_1.jpg (makeup)

http://thevanitychaser.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/0909f28b318d5e9a373bdc4c12a5d624.jpg (hair)

http://intheircloset.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/prada-studded-platform-slingbacks-black.jpg (heels)

http://www.smartshoppingmontreal.com/img/stores/211/CoverPage.jpg (tuxedo)

http://0.tqn.com/d/shoes/1/0/R/f/Hugo_Boss_Mens_Shoes.jpg (Jin Woon shoes)

http://www.lux-limo.co.uk/limo-articles/bot-black.jpg (limo)

this update's kind of short.. sorry for that. I've been busy with some issues lately, but i promise you guys that i'll update soon and with a looong chapter!! ^^