It Hurts

It Hurts

Taeyeon's POV

I felt someone shaking my body, I woke up and saw Tiffany giggling at me. I groaned and cuddled into the pillow further.

"You're late for school." Tiffany said.

I ignored her and tried to fall back to sleep. She poked me in the ribs. I sat up and glared at her. She giggled, "You need to go to school."

As soon as she said that, my father walked in with my school bag, "I knew I shouldn't have let you stay here, you're late for school." he mumbled.

I looked over at the clock, wow. I was really late. School usually starts at 7:45 and ends at 2:30, it's 12 right now. I sighed, "There's only two hours left of school, do I need to go?"

My dad looked at me with furrowed eyebrows, probably thinking if he should let me skip or not. I gave him my puppy face, "Please?"

"Alright, fine, you can skip." he said immediately. I smiled, I knew the puppy dog face would work. 

Tiffany scoffed and laid back down.

My dad looked at me, "You have to stay here, I'm not going home until my shift ends."

I looked down at Tiffany who was already sleeping. I nodded, "I'll stay."

He walked out, closing the door behind him. I laid next to Tiffany, still tired. Yesterday I got almost no hours of sleep. Especially because I was sleeping with a certain someone next to me. Why did being near her make it harder for me to fall asleep?

I suddenly felt Tiffany's arm around my waist, pulling my body to hers. I breathed in a sharp breath before letting it out, relaxing into her hold.

I breathed in and out slowly, trying to calm my beating heart. What was going on with me? Tiffany's grip on me tightened making me slightly uncomfortable. I gently pried her arms loose around me, trying to breath, but Tiffany didn't let go. Instead, she buried her head into my back. I felt something wet, that's when I noticed she was crying. 

I turned around, surprised by how close we actually were, our faces only inches away. Tiffany was sleeping, but she had tears falling down. I tried to move away to make it less awkward for me, but I couldn't, her grip was too tight. I sighed. I poked Tiffany in the stomach, trying to wake her up from the nightmare she was probably having.

She opened her eyes, immediately letting go of me once she saw our position. I smiled slightly at how she was blushing. I noticed the tears on her cheeks, I brought my hand up and wiped them away. "Why were you crying? Nightmare?"

Tiffany cringed, "Sort of."

"I could tell, you were gripping me like I was a teddy bear." I joked, trying to ease the situation.

She smiled sheepishly at me, "Hehe.. sorry."

I smiled back, "It's alright, I didn't really mind."

Mental face palm. I saw Tiffany smirk, I looked anywhere but her. "You don't mind?"

I bit my lip, "No, not at all." I said, trying to keep my voice steady.

Tiffany hugged me around the waist tightly, "Okay, now go to sleep. I can tell you haven't had enough sleep, and I haven't either."

"How do you tell?" I asked her, wrapping an arm around her shoulder.

"Your eyes are baggy. You look tired." she mumbled into my shirt.

I nodded, "Alright, let's sleep."