It Hurts

It Hurts

Tiffany's POV

I woke up with searing pain going through my stomach. I squeezed my stomach, letting some tears come out. I quickly pressed the red button located at the side of my bed. A couple seconds later, a nurse came in with the needles. I groaned, why did I call the nurse? Stupid needles.

I moved away from her while clutching my stomach, "Wait! I don't want the needle!"

The nurse looked at me with sad eyes, "This injection will help."

"Help my !"

"Tiffany, calm down." I heard the familiar voice, but she sounded very tired and groggy. I turned my head to the side and saw Taeyeon sitting up from the couch in the corner.

I widened my eyes, "Taeyeon?"

She smiled lazily, making my heart skip a beat, "The one and only."

I giggled slightly at her playfulness before the pain came back. I groaned and held my stomach. Taeyeon walked over and sat rather close to me, grabbing one of my hands. I tightened my grip on her, seeing the nurse come closer. She quickly injected the stupid needle into me, releasing the fluid. I felt it run through my veins, I was clutching Taeyeon's hand. After that, the nurse smiled and put the band aid on me, "There. All done." And with that, she left the room, leaving me with Taeyeon.

I remembered I saw Taeyeon on the couch. "Why were you here?" I asked.

"I---"

"Don't you have school tommorow?" I asked her, cutting her off.

She nodded, "I didn't want to leave you." she said softly, looking away.

Shocked, my jaw dropped slightly at her niceness. I pulled the shorter girl in for a hug. We've only known each other for 2 days, but it feels like I trust her completely, because I do.

She hugged me back, putting her arms around my waist. I buried my face into her neck, "Where is your dad?"

She chuckled, making her body shake against mine, "I had to beg him to let me stay. He went home."

I pulled away and frowned, looking at her. "You have school tommorow though."

"So?" she asked, raising an eyebrow.

"And basketball practice."

She shrugged, "I'll drink lots of energy drinks."

I huffed my cheek, as much as I am touched by Taeyeon, this girl really needs to sleep for tommorow! I looked at the clock, 3 AM.

"Omo! Taeyeon-ah, you should sleep, you have school in 3 hours."

Taeyeon glanced at the clock before looking at me, "What about you?"

"What about me?" I replied.

"Are you going to sleep?"

I nodded, "If I can.."

Taeyeon cuddled herself into my hospital bed, "I'll stay awake until you go to sleep."

That's it, this girl is too nice. "No, Taeyeon you need to sleep, you have school."

Taeyeon pouted, "You sleep first then."

I sighed, "I'll probably stay up all night drawing or something." 

She smiled and sat closer to me, if that was even possible, "Cool, I'll watch you."

"Taeyeon" I groaned.

This girl really doesn't stop, does she?

She looked at me with those brown eyes of hers, "What?" she asked innocently.

I sighed again, "Alright, I'll sleep."

She smiled and went back to the couch, laying in an awkward position. If she slept like that her back would hurt tommorow.

I bit my lip, "Taeyeon"

She lifted her head slightly, "Hmm?"

I moved over on my hospital bed, making space for another person, "Sleep here. If you sleep like that, your back is going to hurt."

She looked at me surprised before laying beside me. We laid stiffly next to each other. Taeyeon, who was probably annoyed by the awkwardness, turned slightly and hugged my waist, bringing me closer. I gasped softly at the sudden contact, but Taeyeon just buried her head into my neck. My back was facing Taeyeon while she hugged me. I moved back a bit, leaning into Taeyeon's embrace.

Was it bad that I was enjoying this?