It Hurts

It Hurts

Tiffany's POV

My heart clenched slightly when I said those words to Taeyeon, but hey, she deserves it. I walked in and my grandma greeted me as she lay on her bed, IVs sticking out her arm and into a machine.

"Hey Miyoung!" She greeted happily, even though sounded sore. I smiled at her and walked to her bedside, where Doctor Kim also was.

I felt myself stiffen as I sat on the bed, making it dip slightly, "Hey, grandma." I greeted quietly.

She smiled at me, "You are all better now, huh?"

I nodded and stared at all the needles in her arm. It reminded me of needles, and I shivered.

"Now that you're all healthy, I'm not." she joked.

I frowned, how could she be joking at a time like this? She's freaking dying!

She sighed, "Come on, Miyoung. Loosen up, let's make the most of my time that's left."

I bit my lip, but then I smiled, for my grandma. She's right, if you're dying, why would you be sad and gloomy when you can make the most out of everything.

I heard a knock on the door and turned my head, seeing Taeyeon standing there. "Ah, Taeyeon-ah!" Grandma greeted happily, like she did to me.

Taeyeon smlied slightly before bowing her head, "Ah, Mr. Hwang wanted me to tell you dinner is ready."

I glanced back at Grandma, who nodded and smiled, "They'll be right down."

I furrowed my eyebrows, is she not eating? "Okay." Taeyeon replied and walked away.

Taeyeon's POV

I heard the door open from Mrs. Hwang's room. I saw my dad pass by the hallway I was waiting. I saw Tiffany walk by, and I stopped her, grabbing her wrist.

She looked at me and frowned, "What are you doing? Let go."

"I'm sorry." I blurted out as she struggled.

She stopped moving and raised an eyebrow, "For what? We just met."

I groaned in frustration, "Tiffany!"

She dropped her eyebrow, "Alright, what?"

I sighed, "Finally."

I let go of her wrist and she crossed her arms over her chest, leaning her weight on one leg. "I'm sorry about earlier. It's just..."

What was I going to tell her? That I was afraid of falling for her?

"Just what?" she asked, obviously losing her patience.

Think of something, Taeyeon!

"My dad wanted me to go to college in the states because he was treating your grandma."

Good job, Taeyeon.

Tiffany eyed me, and I looked back at her. She sighed, "Why didn't you just tell me?"

"Because you'll get mad."

"So, leaving me for 2 years isn't going to make me mad?"

... Well, she has a point.

"I'm sorry."

She looked at me, as if she were thinking of something. She smiled widely suddenly and wrapped her arm around my shoulder, pulling me close.

"I forgive you, Tae." she smiled.

I smiled back at her and wrapped my arm around her waist, and together, we went to the dining table.

I guess I didn't really lie to her, but I didn't exactly tell the truth either..