It Hurts

It Hurts

Tiffany's POV

I held the two rings in my hand. It was my mother's? A sob escaped my lips as I closed my palm and pressed it to my mouth, letting the tears fall. I missed her. My mom, the woman who gave birth to me.

I saw Taeyeon enter the living room from the kitchen, she ran over to me, "Wae? Wae? Wae?" she asked, panicked that I was crying.

I didn't answer as more tears streamed down my face. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around me, embracing me, making me feel protected. I cried into her shoulder and wrapped my arms around her neck.

She rubbed my back and whispered soothing words into my ear as I continued to cry, still enclosing the rings in my palm.

After a few minutes of crying, I pulled away. Taeyeon leaned down and used her soft hands to wipe my tears away, caressing my face. "What happened?" She asked softly.

I showed her the rings in my hand. She seemed confused. I bit my lip as a single tear rolled down my face, "My mom's and dad's.."

She made an 'Oh' face, since she knew my mom had died. She kissed my cheek, taking the tear away. Taeyeon smiled at me, showing off her little side dimple, "Well, isn't having her ring a good thing?"

I sniffed and nodded, "But.. it's the only thing I have left that was her's."

She kissed me softly, gently. I responded as our lips moved together. Taeyeon lightly bit my lip as we pulled away. She took one of the rings from my hand and grabbed my free hand.

I looked at her oddly, she winked at me as she slipped the ring on my finger. She smiled and kissed the ring, "If it means that much to you, then we will take very good care of it." she whispered.

I raised an eyebrow, "We?"

She nodded, "Well, you are going to be my wife, and I am going to be your husband." she stated casually, making me blush.

She giggled as I tooked her hand and slipped the ring on.

Taeyeon pulled me in for another kiss, "Saranghae." she whispered against my lips.

"I love you too."

------

Taeyeon sighed and grabbed her blonde hair in frustration. I sat on her lap and wrapped my arms around her neck, "What's wrong?"

She sighed again, "Remember the divorce papers?"

I nodded, waiting for her to continue. "Both members of the marriage need to sign it." she finished.

"And...?" I asked.

"Leeteuk won't sign it."

I gritted my teeth, "Why not?"

Taeyeon shrugged, "I don't know. But I think it has something to do with my dad."

I grabbed Taeyeon's phone that was in her hand. She looked at me weirdly as I dialed in a number.

"Who?" she mouthed to me.

I ignored her and heard the ringing of the phone.

"Taeyeon! Finally, you called me, I was getting so worried! I--"

"It's not Taeyeon." I muttered, stopping the person from talking.

"Tiffany?" Doctor Kim asked.

"Yes, this is she." I responded bitterly.

"Why are you using Taeyeon's phone? Where are---"

"Be quiet." I ordered, snapping at him. Taeyeon rubbed my waist, calming me down. I smiled slightly at her.

The phone was silent except for his breathings. "Do you have anything to do with the divorce files?" I asked, being straight forward.

"W- what?" he stuttered.

"Are you forbidding Taeyeon from divorcing with Leeteuk?" I asked again.

"I.. I--"

"Yes or no." I snapped.

"Yes. But--"

"Why?" I interupted.

"Tiffany, please, just let me--"

"Let you what? If Taeyeon doesn't want to be with Leeteuk, just let her divorce him. I thought you were smarter than this, Mr. Kim."

"Smarter?" he asked, mostly talking to himself.

"Yes, smarter. You're forbidding Taeyeon from divorcing someone who beats her. Do you like seeing your daughter beat? Do you like the fact that she suffers with Leeteuk?"

"Tiffany..." he trailed off.

"Make him sign the papers. Or else." I threatened.

"Or else what?" he asked, sounding slightly amused.

I bit my lip.

"Or I'll run away with Taeyeon."