Lay - 1-4-3

In The Clouds (EXO Scenarios / Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Nights like these were simply perfect.

 

Aside from the relaxing fresh air and the breathtaking, starry night, the person you were with made it all the more special. Today didn’t exactly land on any specific date, a certain dimpled dancing machine just wanted to whisk you away right after work from the city life and appreciate Mother Nature and its overlooked beauty and wonders.

 

"I wish we could do this every night," you lay down on the picnic blanket, letting a soft dreamy sigh escape your lips. The view brought you back to those younger, more foolish and dumb days. Your family used to arrange camping trips to retreat and take a breather from life but those days were no more for some odd reason. You guessed it was the fact that your siblings and you started having busier lives and your own things to do.

 

Lay chuckled softly as he fixed the ends of the blanket before lying down next to you and rested his hands behind his head, "I'm glad you're enjoying yourself, I was a bit worried you wouldn't enjoy my surprise."

 

You rested your head on his chest and placed your arm over his stomach, "Why wouldn't I enjoy it? Anywhere with you would be perfect."

 

"Wow... since when were you this cheesy?" he pretended to cringe as he let his hands run through your hair soothingly.

 

"Don't you think kidnapping me late at night to stargaze is cheesy? So your cheesiness is rubbing off on me. You make me feel like some teenage girl sneaking out," you connected the stars in the sky as you listened to his heartbeat. Yixing was right, you were into all that romance and cheesy novels, as much as you hated to admit but when your boyfriend was this sweet, each and every single day was like a page from a love story.

 

"Please... I'm sure this is the reason why you like me," he pinched your cheek before softly caressing it.

 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, "I like you for a ton of reasons. I like you because you're you..." You noticed a change in Yixing's heartbeat, it didn't beat in tandem with yours anymore - in fact, it was almost racing.

 

"This is why I love you," he mumbled softly.

 

You paused for a second to process his words. Did he really just say those three words and 8 letters? That organ in your body that pumped blood through your veins actually skipped a beat. You sat up and looked at him, "What did you just say?" Yixing panicked, he couldn't tell if you were confused, scared or pleasantly surprised. He never worked well under pressur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter