D.O. - Cooking For Him

In The Clouds (EXO Scenarios / Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

   

    

(GIFs are not mine)

 

 

"Are you supposed to put the oil in first or..." you asked yourself out loud.

 

You spent a whole month attending cooking classes and today was judgement day. You invited your beloved boyfriend over to your place for dinner, except he doesn't have a clue of what's prepared for him. Kyungsoo believes it's just another usual Friday night date with ordered food and a movie.

 

You pulled your notebook out and flipped through the messy pages. It was hard to follow the lessons, for you, all the terms the teacher used were all so technical. You finally found the recipe for spaghetti. Yes, spaghetti... It was the only dish you were able to cook that was edible and actually had flavour.

 

One thing that surely made you nervous was that you've never practiced cooking on your own, it was always in class. You've never really had free time to practice, D.O. had already been throwing tantrums when you'd come up with a lame excuse to skip out on dates and  attend those lessons. Indeed, he had no idea of your doings or whereabouts. It was supposed to be a surprise and you didn't want to ruin it or give it away.

 

Unprepared, yet you continue with the plan, why? Because you were going to tell your boyfriend today the reason why you're schedule was jam packed, in fact, you promised this to yourself. Knowing him, he'd expect a result out of that one-month class. Whether the outcome was good or bad (hopefully good), you were going to push through with it. 

You laid the small book on the counter beside the stove and skimmed through the text. First, you made sure you had all the ingredients. "Ah, oil first!" you grabbed the vegetable oil from the cabinet and poured it into the already hot pan. A bit too much though.

 

You facepalmed yourself, you've only started and it's already all wrong. But you were determined to finish what you started.

 

You poured the excess oil into a small cup. When you thought it was enough, you placed the pan back on the stove. You put the meatballs you prepared earlier today (since it was the easiest to do), and waited for it to turn a shade of brown. You left that for awhile and prepared the sauce according to your notes.

 

7:00

D.O. was supposed to arrive in 15 minutes and you were still trying to put flavour unto the bland sauce. You needed to buy time. You grabbed your phone from the living room and called your boyfriend up.

 

"Hey, where are you?" you asked as soon as he picked up.

 

"I'm about to leave the dorm, wae?" he asked, unsure of your tone.

 

"Stop right there!" you unconsciously blurted out. You looked for a quick recovery and remembered something one of s needed to return. "Remember that DVD Suho oppa borrowed?"

 

"The one you lent him a week ago?" Kyungsoo tried to recall. "You need it back?"

 

"Yeah, my friend reeeeaaallyyy wants to borrow it tomorrow..." you lied.

 

"Suho hyung has a schedule and won't be back till eight, I'll deliver it first thing in the morning, okay?"

 

*Eight? That'll give me more than enough time* you thought.

 

"Tomorrow morning? It'll be a hassle, I don't mind waiting," you closed your eyes with your fingers crossed.

 

"Fine," he sighed. He was about to say goodbye when the front door opened.

 

Came into the dorm, was the very person you and D.O. were discussing just a secon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter