Sehun - Meeting Again (Pt. 1)

In The Clouds (EXO Scenarios / Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Just a sequel to Sehun - Memories

 

"How was your day, sweetie?" 

 

"It was okay," Sejun mumbled as he tugged on the seatbelt, wondering how long it was exactly. You briefly took your eyes off the red light then turned to your 6-year-old son. He wasn't exactly the laconic type, he always had something to say. "Alright then... did you learn anything new?"

 

"No... but my friends learned about policemen and road safety," he whipped his head towards the stoplight. "It's green now, mommy."

 

You chuckled softly as you began to drive, "So you mean to tell me, you already knew all that?"

 

"Yes, but I just pretended I didn't know for my classmates," he didn't want to come off as a show off. "My classmate's dad is a policeman."

 

Dad.

 

Everyone know that the word never is a strong word but it was the only way to describe the times that word was mentioned between the two of you.

 

Daddy. Father. Papa.

 

The absence of the figure resulted in the word being omitted off of Sejun's vocabulary. Exposed to the outside world, it became impossible for him not to notice the difference between his family and his friends' families. He came home one day and asked you if he ever had a dad. He never forgot the look on your face. The fear and the sadness all packed into one. "Yes, Sejun... but he's away right now."

 

The little boy still had questions in his head but it was clear that you were teary eyes, he was scared that he hurt you but he really just needed the answer to his next question. "Will he ever come back?"

 

"He's happy where he is, Sejun..." was what you could reply without lying or giving him false hope.

 

It was then that he persuaded himself that he didn't need a father in his life, he was happy and his mom seemed to be happy when he was not mentioned anyway. He believed that he has a super mom, one who can be both a mom and a dad to him - two figures in one, amazing woman. He'd see boys playing soccer with their dads at the park but he'd have you, there was not much of a difference anyway.

 

"He asked me what my dad did and I told him I don't have one," he shrugged. "Then he called me weird."

 

You raised your eyebrow and tightened your grip on the steering wheel, wondering what type of parent wouldn't properly educate their own child. "Weird? Do you know what that means?"

 

"It means, people don't like you..." Sejun jutted his lower lip out.

 

You sighed and shook your head, "No, Sejun... it means you're different. There's nothing wrong with it, in fact... everyone remembers only those who are different."

 

Sejun frowned and pursed his lips. He reminded you of a certain someone all too much. "Then I want to be weird," he blinked several times, a small smile of pride suddenly crawled on to his face. "Mommy... Did you forget how to go home? We're supposed to go that way," he pointed the opposite direction to the one you took a sudden turn to.

 

"Of course not," you laughed. "The ice cream shop is this way, isn't it?"

 

"Ice cream!" Sejun squealed. "I want-"

 

"Vanilla with chocolate syrup and rainbow sprinkles?" you cut in with the combination he always ordered.

 

"No, I want something different. Hmmm... Chocolate with- nevermind, I like the usual," he grinned from ear to ear. You ruffled his hair and laughed, finally pulling over at the crib. The both of you walked into the ice cream parlor and an enthusiastic Sejun ran to the counter and gave his order to the attendant who already seemed to be familiar with the both of you. You gave your order as well, paid then took a seat.

 

You pulled out your phone and took a picture of your son practically scarfing down the ice cream. Sejun wasn't particularly fond of taking pictures since there are already thousands of it of him but since it seemed to be his mother's pride and joy, he always just let her but never actually posed unless he was with someone else in the shot. He suddenly bursted out laughing and pointed at your hand, you didn't realize that your ice cream had already began to melt and was dribbling down your hand.

 

"Silly mommy!" he got off of his chair. "I'll get tissue!"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter