Chen - Just Your Imagination

In The Clouds (EXO Scenarios / Oneshots)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

plot by: maymeihua_

 

"Thank you very much for your audition, you have a wonderful voice," the director of the production praised a student. He turned around and looked around at the rest of the theater students seated in the large auditorium. "Is there anyone else who wants to audition for the lead role?"

Kim Jongdae tensed up in his seat, his hand was itching to raise itself but his brain was in control and held it down. He joined the theater club because he had a strong liking to performing arts and he thought it would boost his confidence a bit. He memorized the script that he needed to recite and he practiced the song several times at home till he could sing the part by heart, the director would have given him the role hands down if only he had heard him. He was too scared. Too doubtful. Too insecure.

"No one? Alright then, we'll post the results on the announcements board on Friday, have a good day and I'll see you all next week."

That was that. He stood up from his seat and followed the rest of the club members out of the room.

"So, how was it?" Luhan, who happened to be waiting right outside the door, looked at his buddy with a large grin on his face. Chen may be quiet but he had a relatively large amount of friends who stood by him nevertheless. He responded with a shrug, too embarrassed to tell him about the whole situation.

"It was good? So I guess I'll get free tickets to the show in a few weeks, eh?" Luhan nudged his shoulder as they made their way down the hall. The man of few words usually left his friends to decipher what he meant through his actions and body language. Chen and shook his head and still refused to make eye contact, still gloomy and upset with himself. It was as if he had a rain cloud following him wherever he went.

"Wait, so you didn't audition? Dude, you'll never know if you never try," the doe eyed boy pat his friend's back. "Got band practice, I'll see you later, okay?" Luhan saluted and walked away. "We'll talk about this when I'm done. Usual place at 5, alright?"

Chen sighed and swung his backpack over his shoulder. Maybe theater wasn't his thing but then again, his passion for music couldn't be hidden. Most students would doodle during class but he was busy sitting in the back composing songs and melodies. He didn't feel like telling the rest of his friends what happened so before the rest of his friends could question him, he dragged his feet to a secluded garden where he usually went to to think and have some peace and quiet.

Upon arrival, his ears were greeted by the soft sound of humming. He slowly searched for the source of sound.It gradually became louder as he got closer and a girl around his age had a pencil and paper in hand came to view, she was busy walking around in circles, occasionally stopping to admire the flowers and peacefulness mother nature had provided. She turned around and her eyes fell upon the staring boy. "O-oh, hey... Sorry, did I steal your spot?"

Chen shook his head then nodded before going back to shaking his head, he was rather enchanted by her beauty and didn't know how to answer.

The girl laughed, "So I'll just take it that you hang out here a lot... I just found this place rather inspiring, that's all. I can go if you want."

Chen shook his head and smiled softly, "It's okay. Stay." There was a brief pause when his eyes fell upon the paper she was holding

She tilted her head and looked at him before following his gaze. "O-oh, it was just something I was composing. Nothing really special. No lyrics yet, just the tune."

Jongdae walked towards her and blinked several times, "Pre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter