Remorseful Butterflies

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

 

After fully regaining consciousness, Taemin talked with his overprotective umma and was able to convince him that Vera didn’t know about all of it and was just an innocent human. Key  realized that SHINee’s obedient 막내 had changed and would continue to love her even if it was bad for him to and was forced to believe him. But he did keep one thing for protective purposes: Standing up, Key started to leave the room and let Taemin rest. “Fine, Taemin. Go ahead and like her.” Taemin smiled weakly. “But you can’t be around her anymore. I know you’re walking her home everyday- it shouldn’t take you an hour to get back home when you only live 20 minutes from school-you have to stop that. You can’t study with her anymore, you’re smarter than her and you know it. If you need help with English, ask me or Onew hyung. But you must cut your connections with her, ok? I don’t want something like this, or something more severe to happen to you, ok? Please don’t hate me, I just don’t want to lose you,” Key gave him a sad smile and closed his door.”

Sullenly, Taemin avoids her and skips the 4 classes they have together, opting to do his work in the library instead. Of course, without distractions, he finishes his work 2x faster and is left bored for the rest of the class period. And even though he feels like it’s wrong, Taemin decides to watch her in class. At first it was fun, or rather interesting, to watch the class from an outside perspective. Vera was easily the prettiest girl in her class, with her natural beauty overshadowing the other girls’ artificial beauty. He also never realized how well adapted Vera was to being alone. It was the same for her as it was for him; she worked a lot faster and had extra time left to herself in class. During that time, she would pull out her musical notebook and work on her song. Deciding whether or not to view her work, he finally decided to realizing that he would probably have no other chance. Coming close to the glass, Taemin sees the lyrics she’s writing clearly, even though she’s 6 feet about from him, due to his perfect eyesight.

“Alone, by myself. Ain’t got no one to talk to, or to relate to. Smiling, even though I’m not happy, what will the day be...”

Turning around the lean on the door, Taemin swallows back tears. He never thought he really meant anything to Vera. From the 1st day they met, he always thought he was bothering her, but continued to be by her side because of his selfish desires. With that all in mind, he rushes back to the library to finish his song.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey there, readers! What do you feel about this, Taemin revealing his inner feelings? Oh! And that song Taemin read off of Vera's paper? I wrote that song. It's a bit....sad. But hey, now we'll see if Vera feels the same about Taemin! :D
 
 
 
 
DON'T FORGET TO: COMMENT | SUBSCRIBE | UPVOTE