Secret # 1

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

 

Vera sit down at the table just as Angel shows up. “Annyeong,” she says, a bright smile on her face.

“Someone looks happy,” Angel says, straightening out her uniform.

“Just havin a good day,” Vera says, picking up her chopsticks.

Jinjja?”

She continues to nod as she happily eats her tteokbokki.

“I see you and Taemin have been spending a lot of time together,” Chaerin notes, watching her with a sly smile. “Sure you don’t like him?”

Vera nods. “Why would I like him? We’re just friends.”

“Well then I wish I was “just friends” with Jonghyun,” Angel proudly blurts out, before smacking her hand over .

“Oh~. Angel likes someone,” Chaerin says, sounding like a proud mother.

“Who’s Jonghyun?” Vera asks, holding back her teasings for Angel.

“You don’t know him? He’s one of the kingkas, like Taemin,” Chaerin informs her, obviously in her element.

“Oh, ok,” Vera replies, nonchalantly, as she reminds herself to ask Taemin about it.

“So, since when have you liked him? the romantic unnie of the group asks.

“...a few weeks now...” Angel embarrassedly tells her plate.

Vera just eats her food and absentmindedly listens to Chaerin give Angel a pep talk on how to talk to her crush when she sees Taemin at the door. Starting to stand up to meet him, Taemin tells her to stop.

“I can’t walk with you today,” he mouths.

“Why not?” she mouths, disappointed.

“I...have to go somewhere.”

Vera sighs and nods as she sits back down. “Well bye then.”

“Annyeong,” he waves, smiling brightly.

She waves and when she blinks, he’s gone.

“Who are you waving at?” Chaerin asks, focusing on Vera again.

“No one,” Vera says, eating her food again.

Taemin exhales cheerily as he walks home. I can’t wait to tell the hyungs about Vera. There’s no way they can’t like her. After walking for awhile, Taemin finally arrives in front of the mansion he lives in with his 4 other friends. Collectively, they were known as SHINee, and were all, of course, vampires.

“Taemin-ah, you’re early. Did you skip again?” Onew, the oldest of the 5, asks.

Taemin shakes his head and continues to smile when he sees Jonghyun and Key walk out of the kitchen. “Key-umma!” he yells, running towards the taller blonde and wrapping his arms around him.

“Taemin-ah. What do you have to tell us. You’re only this excited for 2 reasons,” Key starts.

“1. You had banana milk,” Jonghyun, the 2nd oldest, answers, ruffling the makNe’s hair.

“Or you have something to tell us,” Onew finishes, walking over to them.

“So what is it, then?” Key, the middle child, asks, looking down at his child.

“I have to tell you something,” Taemin says, smiling brightly.

“What?” Onew says, sitting down on one of the leather couches.

“Can we wait for Minho hyung?” he pouts.

Key sighs. “Arasso,” he says, letting him go.

The door opens and Minho steps in. “I’m home,” he says, sliding his shoes off. “Oh, Taemin-ah, you’re early.”

“Minho hyung~!” Taemin runs toward him and gives him a hug, also.

Minho laughs and pats his younger’s head. “Taemin-ah, you don’t act like you’re 293 at all. What did I miss?” he asks, looking over Taemin’s head.

“Taeminnie has something to tell us, but wanted you to be here,” Onew says, laughing at the maknae.

“What?” Minho looks at Taemin with curious eyes as he directs his hyungs to sit down.

“Sit down first,” he says, standing in the middle of the living room, the heat of the living room lightly baking his cold skin.

They all sit down and face him. “What’s the news?” Minho asks.

When the time to reveal finally came, Taemin loses his confidence. “I...I...” the  4 others gesture for him to continue. “I...like someone,” and offers a smile with blushing cheeks.

“Who?” Onew and Minho ask at the same time.

“Vera.”

“Hale?” Key asks, abruptly.

“Mmm...” Taemin thinks for a second, but quickly nods. “Hmm. I think so.”

“No, I forbid it,” Jonghyun says, rising to his feet.

“Why not~?” Taemin pouts, surprised at his reaction.

“She’s a vampire hunter.”

 

----------------------

 

Hey, my subbies! Umm...so what do you think so far? Tell me your comments, concerns, and questions down below. Bye~~.