Everybody Has Secrets

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

If you need the BGM, listen to Jaejoong’s new album: WWW, or IU’s Everybody Has Secrets. But only listen to the second on my cue, k?

After hours of stalling, Taemin returns with Vera to the hotel.

“Yah! Where have you been?” Key asks, as a smiley Taemin floats into the room.

Ignoring him, the maknae happily flops down on his bed with no cares in the world.

“Are you even listening to me?” he continues, appearing next to him.

Minho, who had gone out earlier for dinner with everyone else, comes in and notices the two. He chuckles at the display and rests a hand on his friend’s shoulder. “Did he just come in or has he been like that for awhile?”

The blonde huffs, taking his eyes away from his happy dongsaeng for a moment. “He just came in.”

“Why are you yelling at him? So what he’s happy, are you jealous?” he teases him, as usual. Though his love life was shaky, Minho was still happy for Taemin. The maknae had been himself for a long time, and even though he sometimes envied their romance, he knew Vera was a good match.

“No,” Key finally answers, angrily crossing his arms. Yes.

The taller male just laughs at his friend’s obvious jealousy and lightly ruffles the maknae’s hair before going over to change. “Leave him alone to be happy, ok?”

Unable to fall asleep, Vera gets out of bed and walks out of her room. She looks through the hall as she remembers what she and Taemin had talked about earlier.

“Soon...”

How soon?” Vera asked, her curiously reawakened at his answer. The way he said ‘soon’ actually sounded like she might finally find out the secrets he’s kept from her for all these years. And that made her hopeful.

Putting away her question for a second, Taemin turned to her with a smile and twinkling eyes. “Do you remember when we performed at the showcase together?”

Somewhat confused on what that had to do with her question, the girl nods slowly. How could she forget when they performed at the showcase together? It was so impromptu, but so perfect. For once, she didn’t care whether or not everyone stared at her, because she was doing the thing that she loved with that guy that she...loved. Vera snuck a peek at Taemin and smiled to herself at the thought.

“It was really fun, right? I want to do something like that again.” Not noticing her smile, he starts to get really excited, imagining what he had planned. The words just start rushing out with no rhyme or reason. “Not a big performance on stage, but just you and me.”

“Are you taking me somewhere?” she asks, putting it together for him, as she notices his growing excitement.

“Will you go with me? It’s tomorrow.”

For some reason, she feels like talking to somebody about it. Or just everything. There were so many things on her mind and she knew she couldn’t talk to Taemin about it-she already spent so much time with him. And would it make any sense to gush about her boyfriend to her boyfriend?

At first, she walks towards her two girl friends’ room, but stops as her hand goes to knock. It seemed wrong to spew her happiness at her friends when they were having their own relationship problems. Though she didn’t exactly know what was happening with Chaerin, she wondered how Minho felt about it all. It was obvious Angel still wasn’t talking to Jonghyun. So she turns, but again stops in front of Minkey’s room. Besides running into Taemin, she still would feel bad. So she turns toward her last option: Jonghyun and Onew’s room.

Before Vera even has the opportunity to knock, the door is opened by Jonghyun. “Oh, it’s you. Hey,” he says, smiling slightly as he ruffled his mused blonde hair. Without questions, he lets her in.

“Hey,” she smiles, as she closes the door behind her. “You’re still up?”

“Just thinking over some things. You?” he sits on his bed, next to his laptop.

“Same. Are you ok?”

“About as good as I could be while being ignored. You?” he rubs his eyes sullenly.

“Aww, she’s not talking to you still?” she asks, seriously, sitting beside him. “I thought she would’ve caved by now.”

“I mean, I talked to her a bit today. But..”

“It still wasn’t enough?”

He shakes his head. “I just miss her, you know?” Before she can answer, he holds a hand out to silence her. “Wait, don’t answer. You don’t know what it means to miss someone. You and Taemin are together day and night.”

Vera laughs. “I’m sorry, but I think I know what you mean. She’s there, but she’s not there at the same time.”

Jonghyun nods and switches topics. “Enough about me, how are you and Taemin? He hasn’t changed you, right?” The vampire dramatically pretends to check her neck for any bitemarks.

She swats his hands and shakes her head. “Nope. Still human. And everything’s fine.”

He laughs, finally looking the slightest bit happy. “Good.”

Onew turns in his sleep and notices the two. “Oh, so that’s who that was talking. I thought I was going insane.”

Vera laughs. “Sorry, did we wake you? I can go back to my room if you want.”

He shakes his head. “No, I couldn’t really sleep anyway.”

“Join the club. That’s why Vera came over,” Jonghyun says, as she goes over to Onew.

He smiles as she sits next to him and even moves to give her more room. “You couldn’t sleep? Did something happen while you were out?”

“Nothing of what you’re thinking, but I just had a lot of stuff on my mind. That’s all,” she shrugs.

“Care to share?” the blonde asks, taking advantage of the space on his own bed.

“Just really happy. I have things to look forward to.”

“Like?”

Before Vera can answer, Onew suddenly swoops in and grabs Vera, plopping her on his lap and letting his arms dangle precariously around her shoulders. “Me?”

Vera laughs at her friend’s spontaneous skinship. “You’re one of the things.”

“Woah, hyung. Don’t forget she has a boyfriend,” Jonghyun says, laughing in shock at the display.

“I wasn’t doing anything. Humans just feel weird to me. So soft and squishy,” Onew smiles without missing a beat. The skinship wasn’t weird to him, really. Humans did feel weird to him. Their soft skin and vulnerability contrasted sharply to his skin with the marble touch and indestructible build. As much as it would be easy to break one without control, the vampire never felt the need to. He just liked observing from afar. It wasn’t his fault he had a human in such close proximity to him.

“Whatever you say,” the dino yawns, sleep finally appearing on his ashen face. “Looks like I’m finally tired. See you tomorrow?”

“Good night,” the human waves, as he slides under his covers and puts them over his head, his laptop on the side next to him.

“You don’t mind, do you?” Onew asks, quietly, as she watches the vampire fall asleep. He knew his friend wasn’t one for hugs or skinship, but he greedily coaxed her in his arms every time they spent time together. In a way, he feels apologetic, but at the same time, it took away some of his loneliness. “This, I mean...”

Vera shakes her head, surprising him, and cozies against his chest. “I just realized I haven’t spent much time with you lately. How are you?” She would never openly admit it, but Onew was much more comfy to recline on than Taemin.

“Am I?” He responds with a question, half joking. She laughs and he smiles at this question. “And you?”

“Everything’s fine. I do feel happier though.”

“Is it the Spanish air?” he jokes.

“I just feel loved and free here. No pressure from anyone.”

“So it’s good I suggested we come, then?”

“You did?” The male nods.

“I’m sure it was hard going to school and associating with us. I thought we should go on our own trip.”

Her heart warms at this news and she smiles. “Thanks Jinki.”

He smiles softly at this. Hearing his real name after going by his nickname for so long happily surprised him and he lightly squeezes her shoulders.

“So why else are you happy?” he asks after awhile. It sounded like a strange question, but usually Onew was her second resort if Taemin didn’t suffice. Even when the maknae cheered her up, she wasn’t so smiley. Something big must’ve happened.

Vera wakes up the next day in her room, almost surprised at herself for falling asleep with how hyper she felt only hours before. Sitting up, she notices someone sleeping at the foot of her bed in a sitting position. Upon further inspection, she realizes it’s Onew and laughs as she creeps toward him. “Onew, wake up~” she hums softly, actually not wanting to startle him awake. She wonders how he responds to being woken up and waves a hand in his face.

Suddenly, he grabs her hand and opens his eyes. “Oh it’s you,” he replies, sheepishly. The male smiles as he holds onto her warm hand and stops himself from pulling her down in his sleepiness. “What time is it?” he blinks as he looks around, realizing he’s in her room.

“Morning,” she laughs. “I don’t know. 11?”

“Ah,” he murmurs, before yawning into the crook of his elbow. “No wonder I’m still so tired.”

Vera laughs again at her friend’s oldness showing. “Maybe it’s how you slept. You could’ve slept in my bed, I trust you wouldn’t do anything weird.”

The male blushes at the thought in an oddly innocent way. “No, no, it’s fine. I just wanted to make sure you went to sleep. It was ok sleeping on the floor.”

She opens to object, but is interrupted by knocking at the door. That might be Taemin. A strained smile appears on her face unintentionally, as she also thinks of how fun it was to hang out with Jinki after such a long time.Turning to ask her friend to wait for her, she is met with nothingness. He disappeared.

When he heard the knocking at the door, Onew’s heart leapt into his throat, his eyes widening in shock, as if he was caught red handed. He took a glance at Vera and vanished seconds before she could notice. Appearing back in his room, he leans over clutching his chest, coughing, as if his heart literally jumped up his throat.

Vera sighs, as she sits down on her bed, letting her feet kick. Just when she was having such fun with her best friend, her other best friend-slash-boyfriend ruin it. Just before she can sigh to herself again, Taemin appears in front of her, shaking his head at himself.

“Why would I knock on the door when I can just appear inside?” he asks, laughing as he sits next to his girlfriend.

While mentally categorizing the differences in her friends’ personalities, she fits a smile onto her face, in attempts to distract him. “Because you’re an idiot,” she says, quickly, also noting the change in her reaction. Would she be so teasing with Onew? Why not?

“I know you are, but what am I?” he quips, in English suddenly, getting a delightfully surprised look from Vera. It was a sentence she had taught him long ago and it surprised her that he even remembered it, what with his forgetfulness. Taemin laughs at her expression and uses this chance to scoot closer to her. “So are you coming tonight?”

Without a thought, the girl nods. “Of course,” and smiles.

“Good. I have something really big planned, so don’t make any other plans, ok?”

Evening comes and the majority of the group decide to head out and see the Spanish nightlife-on suggestion from Chaerin to help out some friends (wink wink nudge nudge)-making for the perfect opportunity for Taemin and Vera to sneak off and do their own things. As usual.

Really?” the unnie asked, in shock, at Vera’s news. “Are you sure you don’t want to come with us? It’s gonna be really fun.” Lowering her voice, she added a quick “We could meet some cute guys,” in English.

“Ahem,” Key flicked his eyes at the two, having heard the last bit, even without having to read her thoughts.

Vera laughs as her friend blushes. “No, really. Just go have fun without me. I’m not a clubbing kind of person,” she shrugged.

“Suit yourself,” the blonde smirked, ready to get his drink on.

“Yeah, I’ll just stay, too. Not in the mood, I guess,” Taemin added, moving to stand beside his girlfriend.

At that slight motion, Key and Chaerin looked between each other, as if to say “Do they have something planned for tonight?”, but pretend not to notice.

“I’ll keep an eye on these two, so don’t worry.” Minho joked, watching the older couple. “Have fun with whatever you’re doing.”

“You too!” Vera added, noticing that even Angel was dressed and ready to go. Maybe she and Jonghyun would finally get to talking?

Jittery with excitement, Taemin stands in front of her room, waiting for her to exit so they could get started on their event. He quickly checks to make sure he brought everything with him before knocking on her door. “Jagiya, are you ready?”

She doesn’t answer and instead steps out of her room with a slightly timid expression on her face. “Say. Nothing.”

The male looks at her quizzically, but understands when his eyes travel down and he notices what she’s wearing. A smile quickly forms on his face before she can cover it.

“Say nothing. I swear.”

“You look so...pretty,” he says, finally, having a hard time not smiling and not staring.

“You said it was important, so I figured...” she says, bashfully, ducking her head slightly as she grabs his hand.

“Do you only wear skirts for important events?” the male asks, his smile just widening. Ah, gwiyeopta. Neomu gwiyeopta.

“You’re making it worse for yourself,” the girl admits, tired of feeling so awkward in the short fabric. She just had to make it through the night, figure out what so was big and then she’d be able to return to the comfort of pants. “Where are you taking me anyway?”

Listen to Everybody Has Secrets, now. Or whatever. Do what you want. lol

The two appear in front of a Spanish cabaret, of sorts. It was quaint and not as packed as other more well-known cabarets, but it had a charm to itself. Outside the building were women selling all kinds of things, from roses to mangos, and the latin music that was playing from inside trickled out into the warm evening.

“Thanks,” Vera giggles, when Taemin hands her a rose. Before she could stop to smell it, he whisks her off inside, again with that air of ownership. He looked so confident and so relaxed about it, the girl wonders where her bumbling and forgetful boyfriend went.

Leading them to a small table that sat only a few feet away from the stage, he pulls out her chair for her before going to sit down at his chair, a smile glued into his face with no intentions of ever coming off.

“You look like you’re having lots of fun,” she smirks, watching him. “This is really important, huh?”

“Very,” he replies, simply.

The group strolls through the city, ready to enjoy the fabled Spanish nightlife. Finally arriving at the Luna del Sol after getting lost, Onew uses his powers to get them in. The brawny bouncer glares at the 6 of them with an antagonizing look, not even having to check his guest list to know they didn’t belong. He flexes his thick arms that practically bulged out from the black long sleeved button up he wore as part of his uniform in a menacing way.

Not taking no for an answer, Onew stands his ground and just smiles at him in a calming way. From the nose down, it seemed just like any other angelic Jinki smile, but his eyes had an intense fire and an edge of cynicism. “You’re going to let us in. Right. Now. Do it. Now.” He commands, whispering in his head in an assured manner. In seconds, the male exhales deeply, as if holding his breath, and wipes his brow, anything to avoid the intense eye contact. He waves his hands frantically, willing them to go into the club and leave him alone. Triumphant, Onew goes back to his regular smile and dances in place, waving his arms like maracas.

“Thanks, Onew,” Chaerin smiles, as she skips inside, first feeling the rush of air conditioning, and then a thick cloud of perspiration that invited her to join the many dancing bodies.“Thanks,” the other 4 say in a chorus, taunting the guard as they pass him by.

Entering the packed club, the group quickly splits off to do their own things. Though this was Angel’s first time clubbing, she prides herself on staying far far away from Jonghyun and, as her roommate had advised her, having as much fun as possible. Minkey rush off to the bar to get some drinks, while Chaerin and Jonghyun-who surprised their friends by opting not to drink-keep watch on their unique friends. Where does Onew fit into all of this? He doesn’t; used to being alone, he grabs a beer from the bar and disappears into the crowd to find a dartboard.

Obviously, Spanish nightclubs were much different from the ones back in Korea, but that didn’t stop them from having fun. Whenever a familiar song would play, Chaerin would proudly sing along, much to the amusement of the 3 males that accompanied her. Almost like the parents of the group, it was good that the 4 of them got to let loose, even if only for what seemed like seconds.

The night passes smoothly, without any commotion, or so they thought. Finally complying to Key’s drunken pleas, Chaerin takes a shot of his choice. “But only one, ok?” she huffs, making a face before she downs it at once. “Happy?” she asks, making a face.

Key nods, a wiggly smile on his face, before he pouts at her. “Can you drink this one for me? I don’t think I want anymore,” his aegyo coming out in his present condition. Cutely, he holds out the glass out to her, his usually sharp eyes now begging.

Always a weak one when it came to cuteness, she eyes the glass wearily. “Well..”

“You don’t have to take it from him,” Minho chuckling, as he nurses his drink, not one to down it all at once unlike others. “Let him drink it himself.”

“But I can’t,” Key turns his puppy eyes over to him now. “I can’t finish this. You’ll finish this for me, right? Right~?” Now he rests his chin on the taller male’s shoulder, making it impossible for him to not smell the alcohol on his breath.

Minho shirks away from him, since he always felt weird around the blonde when he was drunk because of his endless aegyo. He gives Chaerin a look that pretty much says “I tried, you’re on your own. :/”.

Chaerin huffs, and takes the glass with such force, she almost spills it on her dress. “Fine. I’ll drink it-.”

In that same instance, a shriek is heard from the corner of the club, so loud it could be heard over the blasting music. While the rest of the clubbers continued with their lives without cares, those 3 stopped-even Key momentarily sobered up. It worried them because it came from the area they saw Jonghyun around a bit earlier; could something have happened?

“So what are we going to see?” Vera asks, smirking at him and his earnest spirit. It bothered her that she couldn’t figure out what was so special about this night, but she had to find a way to weasel it out of him.

“Something,” he smiles, not falling for her tricks tonight. The show was just the very beginning of his plan, and he wanted it to be perfect from beginning to end. Nothing would ruin this night for him.

Suddenly, the lights go out and the audience silences. A spotlight appears and under it stands a woman in a long red dress that ends in voluminous ruffles at her ankles, under those were matching strappy shoes. She stands in a pose with her hands positioned on her head and waist, with a fierce look in her eyes. A second dancer appears dressed in a contrasting black under a near spotlight with a similar pose, this one was male. With a stamp of the first dancer’s foot, the music starts and so does the dance. The male makes his way towards her, confidence radiating out of his every pore, and takes her hand, looking down at her, his nose practically in the air. She doesn’t mind, looking at him with the same I’m-better-than-you look, and follows his lead. They whirl and spin across the stage, making quick steps and turns whenever and wherever they pleased. It was as if they were the creators of the dance and not merely learners. The music follows them and not the other way around, just the way they liked it. Every eye in the room was forced to stare at them, even Vera couldn’t help but gape.

Finally, after what seemed like years, the music stops and the female is dipped, a leg in the air, signalling the end of the dance. The audience erupts into applause and whistles, and in that moment, the dancers-who once wore haughty looks of disapproval-crack a smile and bask in the much appreciated acclaim. Catching their breath, they take a bow and disappear back into the shadows from which they came.

“Wow,” is all Vera can say, as she turns back to face Taemin. Her hands rest on her chin as she tries to process what just happened. Did that really just happen?

Angel stares at the man she thought she knew with scared eyes. “Get away from me.” Minutes earlier, she was dancing along to the songs that were being blasted from the speakers. After getting over some awkwardness, the girl had finally learned to let go of everything and just dance. Closing her eyes, she just danced to her heart’s content-as if no one was looking.

Luckily for her, they finally played a song that she recognized, and she could feel herself getting relaxed. Maybe a little too relaxed. With her eyes closed, she shook her shoulders and hips in time to the music, humming the tune under her breath. In her head, she sassily sang along to the lyrics, laughing at herself for the ones she would miss. It felt nice to be alone in such a big crowd.

Seconds later, a guy stepped up to her and “politely” asked her for a dance.

Confused, and still too innocent to realize his true intentions, she stares at him for awhile before answering. “No...?” she draws out the last syllable, still dazed from being interrupted during her me time.

He shrugs and walks off, leaving her alone for a moment. Angel does the same, she shrugs it off and just goes back to dancing. Finally relaxing after the encounter, she tenses as arms snake around her waist. The guy from before was back, and this time he wasn’t taking no for an answer.

Jonghyun, who decided after some time of pretending to not care to look for Angel, spots the scene and rushes over. He didn’t have to be up-close or even understand English to realize some guy was hitting on her. It was written all over the way he approached her. Not thinking, he phases over to her and pushes the guy away from her. “Get away from her!” he roars, his eyes turn red before he can stop them. He was too angry to think. Too angry to remember she was still there and didn’t know.

“Get away from me,” Angel shrieks, flinching as he lifts a fist to punch the guy, as if he was aiming for her. How could she tell when his eyes were flashing an inhuman red, now she was sure she’d never tell him her secret. How was she sure she’d even get out alive this time?

Though Key’s mind was still muddled from the alcohol, he still was able to hear Angel’s thoughts. “Why are his eyes red?” she kept asking herself, getting more and more panicked as she searched for a logical answer. The vampire tensed when he realizes Jonghyun’s vampire form came out. Putting his last glass down, he steadies himself and gets up from the bar stool.

“What happened?” Minho asks, now serious as he knows Key heard something. He felt that the scream belonged to Angel, but he didn’t know exactly what happened, so he didn’t want to barge in.

Shaking his head, the blonde looks in the direction from where the scream came. “Wait here,” he says, leaving Chaerin in his care. He starts to run off before she grabs his hand.

“Where are you going?” she asks, with anxious eyes. She wanted to go over with him if he was going to see what happened, but at the same time didn’t want to.

“I’m coming back,”  he says, looking at her for a second, before running again.

That’s when she knew she had to go with him. Practically throwing the glass onto the countertop, Chaerin goes after him.

“Wait,” Minho says, following after her.

By the time the 3 of them make it to Angel, they find her shaking in a corner. Though Key wanted to stay and comfort her, he had to know what was going on with Jonghyun. And so, he gives her a sad smile and leaves her to Minho and Chaerin-but not before glaring at them for not staying behind. “Make sure she doesn’t see Jonghyun,” he whispers to Minho, regarding Chaerin.

Minho nods, and turns back to the girls.

Onew smiles as he finally spots a dartboard, it was a familiar black, red, white, and green that was comforting to him. Wordlessly, he grabs a handful of darts and places them on the table next to him. Picking up a dart, he examines the board for awhile before aiming. It feels comfortable in his hands and he smiles to himself, taking a swig of his beer. Seconds before he throws it, a memory washes over him.

He remembers one of the many times that Vera walked in on him throwing darts. Most of the time, she would just smile and watch, applauding again and again as he’d get bullseye after bullseye. But that day, she didn’t just stop and watch. Walking over to the table in his study, she dug her hand into his box of darts and turned towards the dartboard. She took a few steps until she was standing next to him and steadied her hand as she aimed at the board. Turning to him, she asked “Am I doing this right?” Watching in slight shock mixed with confusion, the male just nodded. She smiled and faced the board again, pulling her hand back to throw the dart. Before she got the chance to actually throw it, Taemin popped his head in through the double doors. “I’m ready now!” he chimed, a bright smile on his face. Vera nodded and turned back to Onew, putting the dart in his hand. “We have to play darts together one day, ok?” Smiling, he nodded and just watched her run off to his dongsaeng.

The dart leaves his hand and lands just inches shy of the bullseye. A frown forms and instantly he wishes he wasn’t so lonely. Watching his friends have someone by their side, caring for and loving them, he slowly grew envious of their relationships, even Angel and Jonghyun turbulent one. Onew was a master at hiding behind his bright smile, but he wished someone would actually look past it and admire the real person that he was. Too bad his power didn’t include changing realities.

Grabbing another dart, after failing at drowning his sorrows in alcohol, a hand brushes against his, catching him off guard. “Sorry,” he says, softly, in an accented English.

“It’s my fault,” the girl speaks up, surprising him more. Onew hadn’t expected it to be a girl, especially not such a pretty girl. She wore a polka dotted top with a bright purple skirt, topping the ensemble with a leather jacket and a smile. It was a smile that showed youth and pure happiness; two things Onew didn’t have. “Excuse me,” she said, before aiming at the dartboard and throwing it. It lands square in the center and she does a little celebratory dance.

Onew laughs at her dance, seeing a bit of himself in the stranger. He found her endearing and wished to knew more about her, but was too shy to ask her straight out. So instead he plays it safe. “You’re really good.”

“Thanks,” she blushes quickly, not used to be approached so politely in a club. She was used to getting stared at by drunk guys, so it was refreshing to have an actual conversation. Being brave, she decides to introduce herself as she picks up a few more darts. “I’m Bianca, by the way.”

Bianca... He said the name to himself a few times, letting her name roll around in his head, smiling at the sound. He almost gets lost in his thoughts, before she waves a hand in his face, bringing him back to reality. “Oh, sorry,” he giggles, nervously. He stops for a moment before introducing himself. “I’m...Jinki. Call me Jinki.”

“So I guess you’re not from here, huh?” Bianca asks, as a dart whizzes through the air, landing next to her first one on the dashboard.

Onew shakes his head, taking a dart for himself. “No. I’m from Korea.” Joining her, he aims and throws the dart, his smile dropping when it lands inches away from the bullseye like time.

She nods, throwing her dart. “That explains the accent. I’m not from around here either, just here on vacation with some friends.” It lands square in the center again. The girl smiles again.

He nods, and throwing another dart, aimlessly. He was starting to get fed up, usually it was a breeze for him to get them in bullseye, he could practically do it blindfolded with his hands tied behind his back. But he just couldn’t shake off that memory and focus on the game. “Cool,” he says, his voice on edge.

The girl starts to aim again, but notices her new friend’s edginess. Thinking it was about the game, she puts hers down on the table and tries to direct him. “Just try to keep your mind clear. Hold your hand up a bit higher and then just throw it. That’s what I do, anyway,” she shrugs.

    Onew musters up a smile and nods. “I’ll try.”

He does exactly as she says-minus the mind clearing part-and hopes for good results. The dart zips through the air, catching the dartboard on one of the outer rings-his angle was off. And this infuriates him. Why did that memory have to come and ruin his fun? Why couldn’t his powers also work on himself, so he could’ve forced the memory to leave him? Why couldn’t things work the way he wanted? Slamming the darts on the table, he starts ripping the ones on the dartboard and tossing them into the box.

Frightened by the sudden mood change, Bianca momentarily panics before she blurts something out, which stops the raging man in his tracks. “Jinki, stop!”

Surprised by her words, and the familiarity of them, he stops as if someone hit his off switch. The last dart flies out of his hand and grazes her shoulder. Though the point of the dart isn’t sharp enough to do much damage, Onew flung it so hard in his anger, that she starts to bleed. “I’m-” he stops himself from continuing on with the apology. His eyes subconsciously watched the blood drip from her arm with such fascination that it was hard to stop watching. Before he can inhale the wafting scent, he closes his eyes and holds his breath. Don’t..don’t..don’t...

“Sorry?” she finishes for him, still a bit shaken up. Before she can really react to his mood switch, she starts to laugh at his reaction. It was really cute, yet odd, to see a grown man hiding behind his hands like a child to her. “Are you not good with blood, or something?” she giggles, wiping it off with her hand.

His face brightens, hearing her laughter, and he lowers his hands. “You can say that,” his words trail off as he struggles not to stare down the blood on her hand. “Are you sure you don’t want to clean that up?” he finally asks, after minutes of swallowing back his thirst. Just looking and thinking of the blood reminded him of neverending thirst, but he fought hard to resist the urge. He couldn’t ruin his chances.

“Well-” the girl starts, before her phone buzzes. Without having to pick it up, she sighs. “I’m sorry.”

“Why?” For the first time that night, Bianca wasn’t smiling and that really surprised him. Did something happen?

She laughs, appreciating his concern, but finding it weird that he was so surprised. “It’s nothing. My friends are just expecting me back, now, that’s all,” she shrugs. “I’ll just have to wait until I get home, then.”

“Let me walk you home,” he blurts out, surprising himself. Somehow, he was starting to feel the flicker of possibly liking her? But how could he tell in such a short span of time. Maybe it was something else...

She was also surprised about this, feeling the same as he. Blushing again, she nods. “If you say so.”

Leaving the darts and the dartboard behind, Onew escorts her out, a small smile on his face that read as if everything was going to be ok. But were things really going to be ok?

Splitting up again, Chaerin tries to get Angel to explain what happened while Minho goes with Key to check on Jonghyun.  After failed attempts, she just gives up. “Nevermind. You’re probably still shocked,” the unnie deduces, receiving a nod from Angel. “Tell me later, then, ok?”

“What happened with you guys?” she asks, wanting to switch topics. “You had fun, right?”

Chaerin nods, dancing absentmindedly at the music. “You could say that.”

“But-?” Angel finishes, perking up at news of the love triangle. It was fun not having to deal with her own relationship problems.

As she was looking around to make sure no random guy tried to hit on her friend again, Chaerin spots something surprising. “But-Is that Onew? Leaving with a girl?”