Study Buddy

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

 

Ever since that day, Taemin would always walk Vera home. Quite the contrary to Chaerin’s fantasy, the two would always walk in silence; Taemin realizing it would be better not to probe her. But, strangely, one Saturday, Vera hears the doorbell ring. “I’ll get it!” she yells, running down the stairs. “Annyeong-Taemin?”

Taemin stands in front of her with a casual smile on his face. “Annyeong^^.”

“Umm...what are you doing here?” she asks, confused and a bit self conscious. Having just woken up, Vera was in sweats and still had her hair tied up.

“We have a Korean test coming up,” he says, smiling wide.

“Uh...huh...”

“So I was wondering if we could study together.”

She nods, slowly, and backs up to let him in. “I’m coming right back,” and she runs up the stairs to get her textbooks.

Coming back down with her backpack and her hair down, they start studying. Few minutes into the studying, their skills are shown quite obviously: with Taemin being fluent in Korean, he understood the work better than Vera, who came from America 7 years ago. “Taemin-ah, what does this mean?” Vera asks, pointing at a word.

“화살 (hwasal)?” he asks. She nods. “Arrow.”

Vera nods and quickly writes that down in her notebook. “Aish, Korean is so hard,” she says to herself, still struggling with the text.

Taemin notices her struggles and smiles, closing his textbook. “Vera-yah?”

“Hmm?” she looks up at him.

“You’re from America, right?” he asks, even though he knows the answer.

“Dae,” she nods.

“Can you help me with my English homework? We have a test next week,” he admits, shyly, as he takes out his English textbook.

“Ok,” Vera says, trying to not seem excited to push her Korean textbook aside.

And from that day on, the two would help each other with the language they struggled with and they became closer through this.