Important News

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

This morning, the students walk towards the auditorium to hear a semestrial assembly. As Vera walks towards the auditorium, seemingly and ironically alone in the crowd of students and teachers, she is attacked. Of course, only by her friends. As Minho, Chaerin, and Angel pounce on her, and she of course lunges at them in surprise, Taemin takes the opportunity to grab her hand and lovingly pull her towards him. He does it in a protective, but at the same way not protective, way. Despite the fact that the others noticed this, Vera herself didn’t notice this and instead continues to lecture her friends for sneaking up on her. They laugh off her complaints and continue on to get to the auditorium, where everyone but Chaerin, Taemin, and Vera had to split up (due to class differences).

Somewhere during the assembly, Vera winds up sitting on Taemin’s lap in her attempts to get away from an awwing Chaerin. She turns to look at a smiling Taemin and just shakes her head. I have the weirdest friends.

“Now that the year is reaching the end, the annual events will take place. In the upcoming months, our annual Opening Showcase will take place in the first week of the next school year. Students in our creative classes will perform and show off their talents to the incoming and returning students of KSPP. The following month, classes will be going on class trips to bond with each other. The teachers and I are currently discussing which places each class will be going to, but they will be announced in consecutive months. Final exams will take place in April. And with that, students you are dismissed to your classes.”

The group of friends reunite as they go back to their classes and discuss the assembly. “Can’t wait for your performance, Taemin-ah,” Minho says, as he ruffles his hair.

“Wait, don’t him and Vera take creative classes?” Chaerin asks, as Angel laughs at the teasing.

“Yeah. They’re in the same class,” Minho says, as Jonghyun wraps his arms around the couple.

“Aww, the happy couple makes music together.”

Taemin blushes. “No, we work individually.”

“Is this true?” Angel asks, lightly nudging her older friend.

Vera glares at Taemin, but quickly nods. “Yeah. And then while I work, Taemin tries to quietly watch me and I pretend I don’t notice,” she says, grinning when she sees her friend’s startled face.

“I thought you didn’t notice!” he says, his eyes wide.

“Yeah, because I can’t notice an unnaturally cold person reading over my shoulder, Taemin. Of course not.”

The other 4 laugh, Minho and Jonghyun the loudest of the bunch. “Do you really do that, Taemin-ah?”

“.__. Do I have to respond?” he asks, lowering his head, as Vera laughs at him.

“Why?” Angel asks, still giggling.

“She writes interestingly,” he says, trying to escape his friends’ gaze. And she looks really pretty.

“And what do you mean ‘interestingly’?” Chaerin asks, giving him that look that instills fear in most people.

“...” he starts to speak, but Vera saves the day.

“Well look at the time, we’re gonna be late to class. Bye you guys,” she says, grabbing Taemin’s hand and dragging him out of the crowd.

Stopping her once they’re away, the vampire leans on a wall and sighs. “Gomawo.”

“You’re welcome. Now how do I write interestingly?” she asks, smiling up at him in a creepy way that lets him know, he better tell, or else.

“...You look very...pretty when you write,” he says, quietly.

A light blush appears on her face, but only momentarily before she glares and starts to walk away. “See you in class,” she says, sliding through the incoming crowd with ease.

He laughs, but reluctantly goes the other way, upset that he made her flustered, but happy for the same reasons. She’s so cute when she’s angry.