Introductions

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

Today was a bit off for Vera; Taemin wasn’t there. Class after class, she settles into her seat and is surprised when Taemin never entered. Putting on an indifferent face, on the inside, Vera can’t deny she is worried, confused, and a little upset. Is he ok? Did something happen last night? When the bell rings, Vera gathers her things and rushes off to gym. Again, she is surprised to find that he’s not there. She sighs throughout class, but somehow gets through it. Restless and annoyed with the day, Vera starts to go off for lunch, when she spots a familiar face. Maybe he knows where Taemin is! :D

When Vera walks up to Minho, he immediately recognizes her and gives her a small bow. “Ah, Vera-yah. Annyeong,” he says, stuttering slightly.

“Annyeong, Minho...oppa,” she adds, at second thought, still trying to be respectful. “Do you know where Taemin is?”

“Taemin-ah’s at home for today,” he says, trying to sound normal, but Vera knows something’s up. “He should be back later this week.”

A bit disappointed, Vera it up and just nods. “Well, thanks for telling me. I’ll be going, then,” she says, continuing onto lunch, even though she’s surprisingly lost her appetite.

Throughout lunch, Vera stays quiet and to herself, not really interacting with her friends. Since Taemin isn’t here to walk her home, she actually stays the entire period and leaves when the dismissal bell is rung. The girl realizes his habits have rubbed off on her as she finds herself pouting as she walks home and laughs to herself. Man, Taemin has problems. Suddenly, someone puts their arm on her shoulder. “Yah!”

Minho lets out a loud laugh, throwing his head back. “Sorry for scaring you. It’s just me, Minho-oppa.”

“...why are you...here?” Vera asks, slightly uncomfortable.

“Taemin-ah wanted me to walk you home until he came back...”he trails off, but her mind fills in the blanks.

He was worried about me. A small smile appears on her face and she nods. “But Minho...oppa?”

He turns towards her, that smile of his still on his face. “Ne?”

“Do you know how to get to my house?”

“He told me the way,” Minho nods, as if trying to remember the route.

“Oh good. I got worried for a second,” and she giggles nervously, unsure how to continue the conversation.

Despite Vera’s efforts, they walk the rest of the way in awkward silence, until they stop in front of her house. “Well, I’ll see you in class, then.”

He gives her that smile again as he nods and then walks away.

This happens for rest of the week and then she notices something. She and Jonghyun also shared a class together. An idea came to her mind. >D “Jonghyun-oppa?” she asks, politely, as she stands in front of him.

“Hmm? Oh, Vera-yah,” he says, redirecting his attention to her. His swarm of fangirls back up and glare at her.

“Can I ask you a favor?”

“Yeah, what?”

“I have to properly introduce you to someone.”

“Who?” he asks, a curious smirk on his face.

“What do you have last period?”

“Lunch, why?”

“Guraeyo? Wow,” Vera nods to herself, surprised at this statement. How did I never notice him?

Sitting down at her table, Vera doesn’t address her friends and this surprises them.

“Vera, are you ok?” Angel asks, looking up from her ramyun.

“Is it because Taemin’s not here? Is he ok?” Chaerin asks, giving her a evil grin that screams “I told you you liked him! You guys are so cute together! -squeal-”

“Nah. That’s not it,” she says, giving her unnie an equally creepy smile.

Surprised, she backs up. “Vera, are you sure you’re ok?” her eyes wide.

“Of course. I just need to streetch~” she raises her arms to stretch dramatically and then another tray and person appear at the table.

Chaerin smiles. “Jonghyun-ssi! I didn’t know you had our lunch!”

Angel freaks out and gives Vera a look. “Why didn’t you tell me you invited him over? I would’ve skipped,” she communicates without even saying a word.

Vera just gives her younger friend a wide smile. “Jonghyun-oppa, this is Angel. Angel, this is Jonghyun. Now if you excuse me-”

Angel grabs her hand and pulls her back down. “Stay. Please.”

She sighs, but sits back down, willing to help her friend, knowing Chaerin will do nothing but aww.

Somehow through the conversation, which Vera helped along the way, Jonghyun slung his arm around Angel’s shoulders and she blushed slightly, but didn’t hesitate to rest her head on his shoulder. The smiling girl couldn’t help but realize how hard it was for Chaerin to not get up and dance around happily; so instead she rested her hand on the romantic’s shoulder.

The two, who were once awkward around each other, got closer and eventually started to go out.