Panic in the Classroom

Ignorance is Bliss (The Secrets We Keep Inside)

There was a rumour that circulating around the school of one of the teachers, an English teacher, to be exact. It was said that the teacher liked to lure some of his female students to stay after for some “private tutoring”. Anyone who passed by while in the wrong place at the wrong time could testify to the blood-curling screams that came from the victims while he drank their blood. While most students knew of the rumours, only a few believed them. One of them being Changmi. Curious about it all, she decides to test it out with no other than Vera Hale.

“Vera-ssi? Can I have a moment with you?” she asks, walking to her younger classmate with a lying smile.

“...I kinda have to get to lunch,” Vera blurts out, forgetting her whole “stay respectful” spiel.

“It won’t take long. I promise,” Changmi flashes her a promising smile as she waves the human girl over.

“Fine. What is it?” Vera doesn’t waste any opportunity to flash the shorter girl a glare.

“You’re from America, right? So you’re good at English?”

Silently, she just keeps giving her a glare. No, I’m from here. I just speak with a weird accent. -_-

“Good! Can you help me with my English homework?”

“...” Vera bites her lip, contemplating how to tell her off decline politely.

Changmi takes her silence as acceptance and quickly grabs the American’s hand. “Let me get my stuff then!”

Why are you taking me with you...? Reluctantly, Vera walks behind her and follows her to her locker.

Changmi opens her locker and dramatically throws her arms down. “Aish!”

“Boya?” Vera looks at her strangely.

“It might take me awhile to find my homework, so can you wait for me in the classroom? I know Mr. Kim will still be in there.”

“...”

“It’s Room 4-B. Take a left,” she says, smiling, but Vera can’t see her.

Vera sighs but reluctantly goes to the class. Why the heck am I even doing this? I hope someone saves me lunch...

“Good. Now if I prepared this properly, she’s gonna walk right into my trap. Taemin-oppa will be all mine >D,” Changmi rubs her hands together and slams her locker closed, humming to herself as she walks to her next class with a sinister smile on her face.

Vera hears the door click closed behind her as she walks into the abnormally cold room that is English. As she never needed to take English, curiously she looks around the room and takes in all of it. Strangely, she notices that she is the only one in the room. I thought she said the teacher was here... Nonchalantly, Vera tries to walk out of the room and start towards the cafeteria when a strange,  yet handsome, man blocks her.

“Who are you?” he asks, with a playful smirks adorning his lips.

“Vera,” she replies, softly, slightly intimidated by his sudden appearance.

“Hmm. The name sounds familiar, but you’re not one of my students. What are you doing here?” he asks, kindly.

“Changmi-unnie,” she learns chokes on the word “asked me to help her with her homework...”

“Ah! You’re Vera! I’ve heard so much about you. The new American,” he winks. “How are you liking Korea?”

“It’s nice...” she feels the need to back away from him.

“Well, I’m Mr. Kim, but call me Jaejoong. Let’s be more acquainted,” he secretly his lips as he offers her his hand. Can’t wait to taste her blood. An American! Wonder if she’s more sweet...

Politely she takes his hand and tries to give him a strong shake, but realizes two things: his hands are unnaturally cold, vampire cold; and she feels slightly paralyzed. Quickly, Vera snatches her hand from his grasp and backs up. “Where’s Changmi-unnie? She said she would be coming soon,” Vera lies nervously.

Jaejoong disappears from in front of her and purposely appears behind her, so she ends up backing up in his arms. “It’s ok. She told me it might take awhile and I should just start without her.”

“That makes no sense,” Vera whispers in English, trying to rip herself from his grip.

“You know what makes less sense? How you’re still alive in this school when your blood just smells so good,” he says, pulling her back towards him.

“Let me go,” she says, as she tries to pull herself out.

“Why? Don’t you just love the cold feeling in your veins? You must, because I know about you and your boyfriend. Taemin’s a student of mine, I know he’s a vampire. So how are you still alive? Tell me. It’s killing me inside,” he says, smirking.

“Let me go!” she says, still tugging.

Ignoring her pleas, Jaejoong turns her around so that he can look down into her fear-filled blue eyes with his savage dark red ones. “I’m sure you’re smart enough to know what happens next, Vera-ssi.”

Stealthily, Vera tries to slow down her heartbeat by inhaling and exhaling. If Taemin was right, the necklace won’t let him bite me. Because struggling isn’t doing anything...

Jaejoong is somewhat surprised that she stopped struggling, but continues on with his plans to bite her. Along Vera’s plans, when he gets close enough to actually sink his fangs into her teeth, the necklace shines a light, allowing the poison to repel him. Exposed to the poison, Jaejoong backs up and shields his eyes from the bright light.

Taking the opportunity, Vera starts to attack him, delivering kicks and punches to vulnerable areas. This surprises her, because she has never gotten into a fight with anyone, but she’s delivering the blows so fluidly, as if she was made for this kind of combat.

Sensing what she’s doing, Jaejoong’s quick reflexes become handy. He sticks his long leg out, causing her to slip. Before she can regain her footing, he grabs her by the collar of her shirt and brings her up to his line of vision. “I see you’re feisty. That makes things a bit more interesting. Bad for you is, I’m feister,” he grins as he uses his other hand to grab the gem and pull it hard enough, breaking it and the necklace in one motion. He closes his fist, pounding the gem into powder. “Now that that’s out of the way,” Mr. Kim throws Vera to the wall and starts toward her.

The impact of the hit and the previous skirmish cracks Vera’s back slightly in some places and she winces. Before she can move anymore, Jaejoong has already made his way towards her and presses his body against hers, forcing her to stay. He starts to bite her, his fangs only scratching the surface of her skin before the door is rammed open. Suddenly, Jaejoong disappears and reappears slammed into another wall. “Taemin!” she coughs out, surprised.

Minho and Jonghyun double team the preying teacher and start to fight him when Taemin helps Vera up, as she collapsed onto the floor. Silently, he justs picks her up and walks out of the classroom, letting the hyungs continue to fight, as his mind was only on one thing. “Gwenchanna?” he asks, his voice tight and rigid, as he tries to make his way out of the school without causing a scene.

“Nn...” she says, nodding her head, but stopping when she feels a sharp pain.

Taemin notices this, and starts to open his mouth when he bumps into someone. Or rather, someone put their self in front of him.

“Oppa, is everything ok? What happened to Vera-ssi? Omo! She’s so pale, should I take her to the nurse?” Changmi says, reaching out to take Vera from his grasp.

Something snaps inside him and suddenly Taemin bares his teeth and hisses at her. “Leave before I kill you,” he says, with blood red eyes.

“Oppa!” she shrieks, backing up with hands held up.

He just plows through her and continues to march out of the school, instilling fear into anyone who dare look at him or stand in his way, until he exits through the gates. “Vera?” Taemin looks down at her and notices she passed out. Did you see that? I hope not...


That sure was dramatic, huh? Hello my readers! Hope you enjoyed this update! It took me awhile to write. :P First time Taemin actually acts like a vampire. What do you guys think about Mr. Kim? ;) To all the Jaejoong fans, mianhae. I just feel like he REALLY looks like a vampire, does he not? And if you didn't know, the korean word for rose is "jangmi". And there's a Changmi in the story. ;) She's the rose. Before I leave, I have one last question: do you think Vera saw Taemin's vampire form or did she pass out before she could?

 

DON'T FORGET TO: COMMENT | UPVOTE | SUBSCRIBE!