Chapter Two

Eternity

He kept his foot to the floor the entire way home. I couldn't help glancing behind for fear that we were being followed.

 

For the past ten years, we'd lived in the city. Before that, we'd live in a mountain town just south of the Pennines. It was during that settlement that we'd all shifted for the first time.

 

That was when we belonged in a pack. We used to be normal; we used to do normal things as a family and as a pack.

 

But my father was omega. Had been since he'd joined the pack as a teenager, and not being listened to his entire life had finally gotten to him, so we upped and left. My father knew that finding another pack was not an option. He'd been a rogue his entire life and when the pack had taken him in, he'd been appointed straight to omega. He knew it would be this way no matter what pack we joined.

 

So we became rogues. Living in the city was a choice we made because we knew we'd be free from other wolf packs. But it gave us limited space and less time to shift and it meant us moving round to different cities all over the country often to avoid being found out.

 

But then my parents found this place, this small town, half way between a city and a forest, with just enough room to shift often but free of other packs, or so we thought.

 

Not gonna lie, packs hate rogues. And that's why we're running now. Because the first question that girl would have asked would have been, "What pack are you from?" and then "Why the hell are you on our territory?" And then it could have gotten nasty, especially if she had back up around. And by back up, I mean crazed huge wolf men. Never a good combination.

 

So yes, we were running away, like the cowards we were.

 

Sungmin parked the car haphazardly and ran out of it like it was on fire. I followed him towards the house.

 

"I give you a 2 out of 10 for that parking Sungmin," Siwon said with a smirk as he emerged from the side of the house. "Tut Tut."

 

"Where's dad?" Sungmin asked breathlessly.

 

"And skipping school!" Siwon said with mock horror. "0 out of 10 for that behaviour." He said, shaking his head.

 

"Seriously, hyung!" Sungmin said tensely. Siwon scoffed.

 

"Don't lose your . He's out back," he said, gesturing behind him. Sungmin took off without another word.

 

"What's going on Hae?" Siwon asked me with a frown.

 

Before I could reply, a new voice called out. "Hey! Why aren't you at school?" Our mother cried from the back doorstep. I froze. She couldn't see me here, maybe if I just stepped back she'd never know...

 

"Donghae!" She screamed. "I know you're there!"

 

"Damn it," I muttered before stepping forward slowly, keeping my eyes on the ground.

 

"Why aren't you at school?!" she cried. I cringed and raised my head. Our father was trying to stifle his laughs and I shot him an angry glare. He wasn't the one laughing when he was receiving the force of mum's anger.

 

"Mum," Sungmin said seriously. "We kinda have a problem." Dad's laughter stopped and he frowned.

 

"What kind of problem?" he asked as he stepped forward to mum's side, an instinctive response to protect his mate. Sungmin glanced at me and I nodded, encouraging him to carry on.

 

"A werewolf problem," he said slowly. "There was a girl at school. She's a wolf, which means..."

 

"Which means there's a pack," our father said quietly, detachedly.

 

"Did you not know?" I asked with a frown.

 

"It's not in this town," he said. "I'm sure about it; I would have recognised another wolf's territory. You sure this girl was a wolf?" He asked with a frown.

 

"Positive. And she knew we were too."

 

"You think it's possible she's a rogue?" Sungmin asked quietly.

 

"No. But her pack may not live in this town."

 

"How would that be possible?" I asked.

 

"She could live on the very outskirts. The forests in this town line the border; it would be the perfect place for her family to live. They could be on the border of this town while the rest of the pack lives in neighbouring towns, especially if they're alphas, it means they have the element of surprise during an attack. It actually a clever idea," our father said distantly.

 

"Oh God, what are we going to do?!" Mum shrieked, throwing her hand to her chest.

 

"I'm not sure. I'm really not sure," dad said. I closed my eyes and took a breath. I seriously didn't want to move again. This was the kind of quiet town I could really get used too, plus, I'd already scanned out the opposition, and things were looking good. Sungmin and I could really take this place by storm.

 

"Where's hyung?" Sungmin asked suddenly. I spun around, looking behind me to where Siwon had been before. He was gone.

 

"He was right there," I said with a frown.

 

". What's he doing?" Sungmin whispered.

 

"Language!" Mum scolded quietly but desperately. A snapping sound behind us made us all spin towards the trees. A figure was pushing its way through the trees. I tensed.

 

"Guys, come over here. I saw something."

 

" it hyung, what are you doing?" Sungmin reprimanded. Siwon was walking away from us, disappearing further into the treees. Then a sound from the left had him running.

 

"There's someone here!" He yelled angrily before he completely disappeared from view. On impulse, I was running after him. Even without being in wolf form, we were faster and stronger than the average human.

 

"Hyung, wait!" Sungmin called as he ran ahead of me. Then, he shifted. His huge grey and black wolf ripped from his body and took off on all fours into the trees. He was already out of sight before I had time to shift after him. I carried on in human form, following his tracks until they stopped.

 

"Sungmin hyung!" I yelled through the trees. Then I noticed the clearing just ahead. I stepped forward into it. "Hyung, you here?" I yelled again. "Siwon hyung!" I called.


"Shut up," Siwon hissed from behind me. I spun around. He walked into the clearing slowly, tensed and braced.

 

"What's going on?" I asked.

 

"There's something over there," he said quietly, nodding in the opposite direction. I heard a low growl and Sungmin emerged from the trees in his wolf form beside Siwon. He was snarling towards the trees. I turned slowly and faced the trees. I couldn't see very cleared but I could hear perfectly, and it wasn't a human sound. It was a wolf sound, and it wasn't one I recognised.

 

"," I hissed, dropping back to stand in line with Siwon.

 

"Stay back," Siwon said firmly, halting me with his arm. "And don't shift."

 

"Why?"

 

"Sungmin thinks its the girl. If she recognises you, she'll shift back to her human form. If it's not and she attacks, then we'll shift together." He said quietly.

 

And then I turned and saw it. A huge white wolf that had sprinkings of ash grey across it's back. It's face was pure white with glassy black eyes. A wolf even bigger than Siwon, there was no way it was a female wolf.

 

"That's not her," I staggered as I stepped backwards. Siwon didn't move, his eyes stayed fixed on the huge white wolf. "Hyung, there's no way that's a she wolf." I said in desperation. The wolf growled and I felt my muscles ripple. Sungmin snarled and crept forward.

 

"Sungmin, step down!" Siwon yelled angrily. I stared at him and Sungmin whimpered, before backtracking into the trees. I stared between Siwon and the wolf in disbelief. "Look," Siwon said nodding at the wolf. It too was backtracking the way it had come.

 

"What's it..." my voice trailed off as the wolf turned and leapt out of sight. We stood for a moment in silence, staring at the spot it had disappeared into. And then I panicked.

 

"Oh holy , it's gone to get back up. Ah geez, we need to..." and then once again my voice trailed off. Because the wolf was back, but this time, not as a wolf. As a human. And it was most definitely a girl.

 

A girl.

 

It was the pretty redhead from school. Her hands covered most of her body, or tried to. I could still see most of it... she had no reason to cover it up. She was hot. I couldn't stop myself getting hard at the sight of her. I was a guy, I couldn't control it.

 

"Hold on, tha was your wolf?!" I asked in disbelief. She nodded.

 

"Holy ," Siwon whispered slowly. The girl's eyes snapped to him and she froze. And then she forgot about trying to cover up her ness and her hands fell to her sides. But she seemed to have forgotten I even existed, because she couldn't seem to see anything except Siwon. His eyes were wide and roamed her body, taking it all in like she was about to disappear.

 

Then he took a step towards her and I groaned. I was not about to stand here and watch this. Who knows what they'll do... She's already fully .

 

I turned away before trudging back into the trees. I stumbled over a branch and then heard a squeal and laughter. Geez, they couldn't wait till I was out of there! I began to run. I walked all the way back home where I found Sungmin, now in human form and thankfully, fully dressed, I'd seen enough ness. He was talking to our parents. My mum ran over when she saw me and engulfed me in a tight hug. I patted her back.

 

"Where's Siwon?" She asked when she pulled away, glancing hopefully over my shoulder.

 

"Don't think you'll be seeing him for a while," I muttered knowingly.

 

"What?!" Sungmin cried. "You left him alone in there with that wolf?!"

 

"Oh no," I said with a smirk. "I left him alone in there with his very mate."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

For your information, Siwon is the oldest among the three brothers in this story. Followed by Sungmin, and finally, Donghae. So, he's our lil 20 year old! Not that a 20 year old is considered as...little. But whatever.

 

 

SUBSCRIBE!

 

COMMENT!

 

VOTE!