Chapter Eighteen

Eternity

Donghae's POV

 

I cradled my broken wrist in my other hand as I painfully waited for it to heal. 


Still, you should see the other guy. I chuckled to myself under my breath as the picture of an unconscious Kris appeared in my mind. I'd knocked that out with just three punches. Still, those three punches had cost me my wrist, not that it wouldn't heal in a few minutes. 


And at least I wasn't the one in bed, out cold. 


Anyway, that head had it coming. I should have killed him, never mind about just knocking him out. 


Jessica had run off, probably scared about what I was going to say to her, better that then comforting that . 


"Ow!" I cried, as I yanked my wrist away from the freezing ice Jen had just pressed to it. "Ow!" I cried again as the action of yanking it back hurt more. 


"Give it back, you big baby," she said angrily as she pulled my arm back. "Just because you're a werewolf and it's going to heal doesn't mean the pain will go away. And you deserve a bit of pain for what you did to that boy." 


"Hey! That boy is a dickhead who had his hands on my mate!" 


"Watch your language," she scolded, pointing a finger at me. "You're in my house, so watch that mouth. And yes, you're right and now he's got his punishment. But let's be fair, it was before you even knew Jessie, and he was a good friend to her. He helped her a lot," she said. 


"I didn't need to know that though. Did you see the smug look on his face? And it's quite obvious he still feels that way for her. Well, he can forget it!" I muttered angrily as Jen wrapped my arm up. 


"Whose mate is she?" Jen asked. 


"Mine," I said defiantly. 


"Exactly," she said, patting my head like a child. "She couldn't sleep with that guy again even if she wanted to. Your bond prevents her." 


"She wouldn't want to!" I growled. Jen laughed. 


"You sure got a protective one, Jessie." My head shot to the doorway where Jessica was walking in, wringing her hands nervously. 


"You okay?" She asked quietly, nodding at my wrist. I grinned sheepishly and held it up. 


"It's nothing," I said as I jumped down from my stool and stepped closer to her. I frowned as a thought occured to me. "I didn't scare you, did I?" I asked gently. She laughed lightly.


"A little," she admitted. "You can sure get angry eh?" 


"I told you, I'm not used to these feelings I get around you. And that guy really gets to me," I said with a scowl. She stepped closer towards me, still keeping her eyes on the floor. 


"Yeah well, he's a good person, trust me. He's only jealous," she said with a shrug. 


"Yeah, because you used to sleep with him," I said accusingly. 


"Look Donghae, I slept with a lot of people. It was who I was," she admitted. "But that part of my life is over now that I have you," she said, smiling up at me. I couldn't help but let my anger ebb away as I reached to her face. 


"I just don't understand," I said quietly. "You knew actions like that would hurt your future mate, so why do it?"


"As I told you before, I'd never planned to mate," she said with a shrug. 


"Why?" I asked, hoping she'd slip up and tell me. 


"Too easy. You need to make it more subtle," she said with a grin. I grinned back at her. 


"I'll catch you one day," I said. 


"Really?" She teased. 


I found myself leaning closer to her, needing her touch and craving her body again. She jumped away from me seconds before I could claim and I growled softly at the loss of contact. She giggled from behind me and I turned to catch her. It vaguely registered that Jen had left us alone as I chased Jessica around the kitchen, finally pouncing on her as she made a run for the living room. I turned us so she fell on top of me and I grinned up at her as she wriggled above me. I leaned up and nibbled her ear. 


"You wiggling like that is really ," I whispered. She giggled and wiggled more, especially her bottom half. 


"I can tell," she said mischievously. "Am I just that hard to resist?" She joked. I grabbed her and flipped us over so I could hover above her. 


"Hey! No, no, no... Not on my carpet! Up, up!" Jen scolded as she gestured with her hands for us to move. I laughed and jumped to my feet before pulling Jessica after me. She laughed too before suddenly coughing violently. I frowned and rubbed her back. 


"You okay, baby?" I asked gently. She continued to cough and I suddenly felt my stomach turn. "Jen, get her some water," I ordered as I sat Jessica down on the sofa. She shook her head at me and choked more. 


Was she choking? It wasn't like she'd just eaten so nothing could be stuck in . How where you supposed to help a choking person? 


"Jessica, what's wrong?!" I cried, desperate to help her. Oh Jeez, how could I help her? I could feel my heart thudding and my body getting hot from fear. What the hell was wrong with her? She was gasping, choking as well, was wheezing and I noticed her beginning to cry. She reached out and grabbed my t-shirt. She was flailing her arms towards her chest and throat. And that's when it suddenly clicked. 


"Water!" Jen cried as she a glass in my face. 


"She can't breathe!" I yelled. "Do something! Call an ambulance!" 

 

 


 



OMG is that just so mean or what?! ;)

Kinda short, but I'll be updating a few hours later (another short one). So sit back and wait :)