Chapter Three

Eternity

"Oh no, I left him alone in there with his very mate," I said with a smirk. My mother's eyes widened and my father shot to his feet.


"Ah ," Sungmin groaned.

 

"His mate?!" My father asked.

 

"Yep. The girl we saw at school," I said. Sungmin's head shot up and his narrowed eyes glared into mine.

 

"That was her?! That wolf was her?" He asked incredulously.

 

"Yep," I said with a grin on my face as I nodded at him.

 

"But she was huge!" He cried. "She was bigger than me!" He said. I couldn't help it, I had to laugh. Sungmin punched me. "There's no way a she wolf could be that big!" Sungmin said firmly. I heard out father groan as he fell back into his seat. He covered his face with his hands.

 

"What?" Sungmin asked.

 

"Yes there is. She's of Alpha blood," he said quietly. We all froze. None of us said anything. Ah geez, that was bad, really bad. I knew exactly what this meant... dad wouldn't let us stay here. Sungmin was glancing around and his eyes caught mine worriedly, he knew too.

 

I kept my eyes on my father whose head was still perched in his palm. He was sat on the crooked stone step that led into the back of his house, which meant his knees were bent up at an awfully uncomfortable looking angle. His elbows were balanced on top of them.

 

"," Sungmin said. I suppose it was suitable in the moment considering no one else had anything else to say.

 

"So..." I started.

 

"I hate alphas," our dad muttered, cutting off my sentence.

 

"I suppose we'll have to move or something right?" Sungmin said disappointingly, taking the words right out of my mouth. Dad raised his head and looked at Sungmin.

 

"We really shouldn't stay. There's no point in getting mixed up with another packs' business. It only causes problems."

 

"Damn it! This place is perfect though!" I scowled.

 

"Stop being a child Donghae," he said snappily before standing up and turning to walk back into the house from where the smell of burning cookies drifted over to me. I watched his back as he disappeared; his shoulders were tense, hunched over and uncomfortable. He hated the thought of moving just as much as us, but he wouldn't admit that because he knew then we'd be able to win him over.

 

"Damn, this isn't good," Sungmin muttered, running a hand through his hair and glancing at the ground.

 

"I really don't wanna leave here." I agreed moodily.

 

"What do you think Siwon will do when he hears about it?" Sungmin asked quietly as he stared off at the trees.

 

"Perhaps his mate will let him stay with her," I said with a shrug. But then felt my stomach twist at the thought of losing my brother to a pack.

 

"Think he's getting some action?" Sungmin whispered suddenly, looking up at me with bright eyes.

 

"I don't want to think of that," I said turning my nose up as he smirked. I turned and sat on the grass, leaning agaist the huge oak tree which proved shade for the whole damn garden. No chance of getting any sun here I suppose, it was England after all, and we needed all the sun we could get, perhaps I'd have to cut this thing down...

 

"Was she ?" Sungmin asked quietly. I picked at the grass underneath me and hurled it at him, of course it didn't reach; it swayed in the wind before falling limply to the floor.

 

"Yes, but if Siwon hyung catches you thinking stuff like that, he'll castrate you," I said with a frown. Sungmin laughed, a deep chesty laugh. "I can't stand moving around. I just want to settle here. This place...it's... I don't know, it feels...special," I said, stumbling over my words with a frown.

 

"Well Siwon certainly won't want to leave now he gets to tap that fine piece of ," Sungmin said. I sighed, stood and dusted off my jeans.

 

"You wanna go for a run? I'm stressed." I muttered.

 

"Think that's a good idea? Dad would go ape on our asses, what if we cross their territory, he thinks it's in those woods," Sungmin said nodding behind me and staring off into the mass of dark branches.

 

"Siwon is already in there banging the Alpha's daughter, what harm could we possibly do?" I asked.

 

"Run into some more hot wolf chicks?" Sungmin asked hopefully. I slapped his head and turned to walk into the trees. I could hear him following me. I manoeuvred my way through the mess that was leaves and thorns, making sure to let the branches snap back in Sungmin's face each time he passed through behind me. I laughed every time I heard him grunt quietly in pain.

 

" it Hae, cut it out," he growled angrily. I laughed and then pulled at the hem of my top before yanking it clean off my head.

 

"Race ya?" I asked as I kicked my shoes away.

 

"Already there little brother," he said with a laugh as he ran ahead of my before shifting. He turned and stared at me, his tongue lolled as his head moved. I laughed and shifted after him. That familiar feeling of release washed over me. Like I had been buried alive and I'd finally managed to push through the earth pressing down on me, squeezing my organs. I in a sharp breath and pushed off my back legs, overtaking Sungmin in two clear strides.

 

This was what I loved. This was me.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

The back door clicked shut. Someone was obviously trying to sneak in. I looked over to the clock hung on the wall; it was later than I'd thought. I pushed up off the sofa and crept round to the kitchen where it sounded like the intruder had stopped. I paused at the doorway and listened. Someone giggled quietly and then they were shushed. I frowned and then smirked as it clicked.

 

Sounded like Siwon was home.

 

I decided against just poking my head around the door as I felt that might seem rather stalkish, especially if she was still . I heard laughter, Siwon's laughter and then he stepped round the corner and ran straight into me.

 

"Donghae!" he yelled in shock. I grinned at him as he tried to push the girl behind him, blocking her from my eye sight. I bent to the side to look around him and my eyes caught beautiful brown ones. I winked towards the brunette girl from school, who, luckily was no longer .

 

"Hi," she said quietly, smiling softly at me.

 

"Personally I preferred you ," I said with a smirk. Siwon stepped forward and smacked my head with a frown.

 

"Very funny Donghae," he said angrily. I winced and scowled at him. He tugged the girl forward, pushing her away from me.

 

"Let's go," he muttered to her as he led her towards the stairs.

 

"Not going to introduce her to mum and dad?" I said slyly.

 

"In the morning," he muttered, not even bothering to look back at me.

 

"Not that it really matters; Dad already knows who she is," I said dismissively.

 

"Excuse me?" She said scrunching her face up in confusion. Siwon turned slowly and glared at me.

 

"Well, what you are I should say," I said. They both stared at me like I was crazy. I rolled my eyes. "The Alpha's daughter," I said obviously. Siwon's eyes widened and she clamped shut, sending me a harsh glare. "Ooh! You didn't tell him!" I mocked. Siwon scowled. "Too busy for talking, eh?" I asked.

 

"How did he know that?" she asked firmly.

 

"I told him about the size of your wolf," I said with a shrug. She eyed me curiously and then turned to look up at Siwon.

 

"What pack are you guys part of?" She asked suddenly. I saw Siwon tensed and I felt my heart rate doubled. He glanced over her head towards me, sending me panicked glance. I shrugged, feeling just as confused as he was.

 

Great, now we were in trouble.