Chapter Five

Eternity

Damn it.
 

What use were wolf senses if none of us could use them properly? How long had that girl even been there?


Sungmin and I froze and turned slowly to face her. She was glaring at Siwon’s head and he grimaced as he also turned to look at her.


“When were you going to tell me that?!” She yelled at him. He closed his eyes and climbed off of Sungmin.


“Last night…maybe,” he muttered.


“You know, that’s kind of something you mention when you meet someone. Hello my name’s Siwon, I’m 22, oh and I’m a werewolf, a rogue one,” she said bitterly.


“Look, I didn’t tell you because I knew what would happen when I did. We’ve only just moved here and I’m so damn sick of moving! And then my dad wanted to get out of here before the attack started and that meant I couldn’t tell you yet and I was just…” He rambled.


I swiftly cut him off. “Hyung, we’re just gonna uh, leave you two to talk this through,” I muttered as I side stepped away and grabbed Sungmin’s arm on the way out before pulling him into the kitchen with me. I closed the door behind me and immediately pressed up against it, trying to hear the conversation. Well, it did kind of involve us too…


“I can’t lose you yet. I was so scared of telling you, knowing you’d leave me when you’d find out and I just… I just couldn’t bear Fany…” Siwon begged. So her name was Fany…or her nickname was.


“Oppa!” She yelled, so loud it even made me flinch. “Why would I leave?!” she cried. I frowned and turned my face to look at Sungmin next to me. He gave me a questioning look and I shrugged.


“Wait…you’re not gonna tell your father that we’re rogues?”


“Well yes, but would that make me leave you?!”


“Packs hate rogues. I just figured you guys would run us out of here…”


“Oh dear God,” she muttered. “Talk about scatter brained… Tell me how you graduated again?” she asked sarcastically.
 

“I didn’t graduate with a diploma in wolf ethics,” he snapped. There was a pause.


“Have you even been taught anything about wolves or packs or mates?” She asked.


“Not really, what is there to know?”


“Put it this way, something as futile as you being a rogue will not make me leave you, ever,” she said firmly. And then there was silence. I turned to Sungmin with a frown.


“Why’d they stop talking?” He whispered. I shrugged. Suddenly, the door was shoved forward, causing it to smash straight into my nose.


“Ah !” I screamed as my hand flew up to cover my face.


“Teaches you to eavesdrop on private conversations,” Siwon growled angrily.


I groaned in pain, not really caring about Siwon and focusing completely on my now throbbing nose Damn him.


“Oh oppa, you hurt him.” A female voice pointed out. I opened my eyes and glanced down at Fany.


“Your name’s Fany right?” I asked, realising we hadn’t even been introduced.


“Yes, Tiffany, everyone calls me Fany though,” she said with a smile as she held out a hand. I shook it lightly, still clutching my nose with the other.


“Go sit down, let me look at it,” she said, gesturing to a chair. I smiled gratefully at her and did as she said. She turned to Siwon.


“Find me some kind of first aid kit, or some bandages or something,” she said. Siwon sighed and turned to trudge upstairs to the bathroom where we kept them. Tiffany came over and peeled my hand off my nose. She crinkled her face up.


“It’s bleeding,” she said.


“Ah , does it look bad? Has he ruined my beautiful nose?!” I gasped sarcastically.


“What beautiful nose?” Sungmin sneered from the corner and then burst out laughing at his own joke, which frankly, I didn’t find funny. Tiffany chuckled and reached up to hold my face as she tilted it to give her a better view. Siwon was back at her side in seconds, obviously using his wolf speed. He held out a handful of supplies for her.


He clearly didn’t like to leave her alone and he stood as close to her as he could possibly get. She took a cloth and held it under the tap before reaching back and pressing it to my nose. I hissed in a deep breath as I flinched from the pain.


“It’ll be over soon,” Tiffany cooed. It stung like a when she put antiseptic on my nose.


“So you know first aid?” I asked.


“My mother is the pack doctor. I’ve learnt a lot from her. I’ll take over eventually, that is if I don’t take up the alpha position,” she said casually.


“You don’t have to take it up?” I asked, shocked. She pressed a small bandage over my nose and stepped back, leaning into Siwon. He wrapped both arms around her and she pressed her tiny hand over his arm.


“Alpha females can choose to give the position over to their mate if they want,” she said as she packed away the bandages and cloths. My eyes immediately went to Siwon, who was frowning at her.


“You never told me that,” he said. She turned and grinned at him.


“No, not yet. We haven’t exactly had much of a chance to talk,” she said, grinning happily as she stepped and wrapped her arms around his waist. A smirk crossed his face as his arms also came up around her.


“No, I suppose you’re right,” he said cockily before pressing his lips down to hers.


I sighed and stood up.


“Okay, I’m outta here,” I muttered as I quickly fled the room before they could get . It honestly couldn’t be that hard to keep their hands off each other for ten minutes, could it? She’d have to go home eventually, what would they do then? Oh God, would Siwon go with her? He was going to leave us wasn’t he…?


“Hey dad!” I called as I jogged upstairs. Dad was just coming out of his bedroom, yawning widely.


“What’s all the noise?” He asked sleepily.


“Siwon’s mate is here,” I said with a grin as I remembered neither of our parents had met her yet.


“She’s here?!” My mum yelled as her head appeared around the doorway. “Oh God, I need to get dressed! I need to do my hair!” She cried as she ran back into the room.


“Does she know?” Dad asked seriously. I knew he’d care about that straightaway.


“Yes,” I said gravely.


“Oh God, what’s happening? Does her father know?” He cried. I laughed and placed my hand on his shoulder.


“Not yet. But apparently we have nothing to worry about. As Siwon hyung is her mate, we’re officially part of the pack.” I said with a grin. I watched as the news sunk in and his face turned. My dad suddenly burst into a huge grin.


“So we don’t have to leave, you mean this place is safe, they’re not gonna run us out?” He asked. I smiled and shook my head.


“By God, it’s a miracle. We should probably go meet her, eh?” He cried as he slapped my shoulder. I nodded with a smile. “Honey,” he yelled to my mother as he turned back to their room. “Honey!” He called as he disappeared into their room. Seconds later he emerged, tugging my mother by the arm.


“I’m not ready!” She cried in anguish. He laughed at her.


“You look beautiful love, you always do,” he said.


“I need to make a good impression!” She said, sounding worried.


“You’re her mate’s mother, she’ll already love you,” Dad said, still pulling mum along. I followed behind them to the kitchen. The door was closed and dad reached forward to open it, and then I remembered.


“Oh wait dad! Knock first!” I cried, but he’d already swung the door open. Damn I felt sorry for Siwon in that moment…such an un-compromising position to be. I was just relieved they weren’t actually going at it and still had (some of) their clothes on. Tiffany jumped down off of the counter with a squeal, quickly grabbing her top and using it to shield her ness, there was no need though because Siwon immediately jumped in front of her when the door had opened, in a protective stance.


His face flamed when he saw us all, staring at him, standing topless with his jeans undone. I smirked at him, mum shielding her eyes and dad stood with his mouth wide.


“I warned you,” I muttered while trying to hold in my laughter.


“Uh. Hey mum, hey dad,” Siwon said uncomfortably. I laughed and turned away, letting them have this, uh, special moment alone. I continued to laugh as I walked through to the lounge where Sungmin was watching TV again. He lifted his head and frowned at me as I walked in.


“What’s going on?” He asked.


“Hyung and Tiffany just got busted by mum and dad,” I said laughing as I sat down next to him.


“What, you mean they were, like, going at it?!” He asked.


“Almost,” I said with a smirk.


“Damn, can’t believe I missed that,” He said with a laugh.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Tiffany left after she’d had dinner, leaving Siwon sulking in front of the TV. He didn’t even know where she lived so he wouldn’t even be able to sneak into her room in the middle of the night. I smirked and nudged him out of the way as I sat next to him.


“Missing your girlfriend already?” I asked.


“Hell yeah,” he grumbled. “I hate this. No one ever said having a mate would feel like this.”


“No one’s ever really told us about having a mate,” I said.


“I know. Fany says it’s actually quite strange that we hadn’t found our mates yet, especially me. It’s unusual for a wolf as old as me to have only just found his mate,” he said.


“Really?”


“Yeah, the usual age is between like 16 and 18. But Fany says it’s down to us living in the city and not knowing many wolves. She’s gonna introduce you guys to everyone at school tomorrow and she’s offered to take us all out at the weekend, show us round and stuff. Apparently her cousin’s band is coming to town,” he said.


“Oh cool, sounds good,” I said. “Wait! You guys had time to talk about all that in between all that crazy ?!” I gasped jokingly.


“Ha-ha, very funny bro,” he muttered. “I just can’t keep my hands off that girl. You’re going to be like that too man, when you find your mate,” he said.


“Yeah…” I trailed off.


Siwon turned to me. “Serious dude. You’re going to feel like you’re on cloud nine.”


I couldn’t imagine how it might feel, being that attracted to someone. Of course I’d had girlfriend and I’d slept with a few girls, but I wasn’t a player, like Sungmin, and I’d never felt that desperate need to have them wherever, whenever.


I wasn’t sure if I wanted that. A mate just sounded like trouble…